SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is my favorite of it:

Somebody that I used to know
-Jacky Terrasson

Like this one too, that I discovered on this thread, from Gotye (never heard of him before) with Kimbra (nor her):

Any of the three ways, it's a great song.
The Jacky Terasson version is a take I'd never heard. Quite good, I really enjoyed it.

Gotye actually wrote the song.
'Somebody That I Used to Know' is a pop song written, recorded, produced and performed by Belgian-Australian singer-songwriter Gotye – the stage name of Wouter 'Wally' De Backer and featuring New Zealand singer Kimbra.

Somehow Walk Off The Earth with their 5 people playing one guitar version seems to be the version that popularized it. Which brings me to this, since I love parodies.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
All right, guess I'll post my daily "something good" post before heading into work. Seems kinda minor and silly maybe, but I ran to the store to get cat food. Told the cashier "Have a wonderful day." The smile on her face when I said that made me smile.
I couldn't agree more with what @Jimi said. It's those little things those little moments that fill the heart.
I remember being so happy from shopping one day, I posted it somewhere of what happened. This is it....just paid for a new pair of jeans and was headed for the door. A dad and his young son was walking through the door into the store. I don't remember what the dad said, all I remember is the child looking straight up at me and gave me such a big smile. It made the whole day better and brighter. And also, the dad held the door open for me while going out. I always appreciate this and still think it's a courtesy and all men should do this for a female.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
6a56c0c3bcd1a13f92677a21a2e6d0c6.gif

..:)...................................................

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just curious, why do you use maple syrup rather than honey? I think I would be more inclined to try honey so I was wondering what makes the maple syrup a better choice?
I just enjoy the taste it makes even though it is slight, they are both about the same on the sugar scale, within 1 point, so same sweetness. I guess just a personal preference :giggle:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My something good for yesterday was....my mom sent me a pic of CC and my nephew :inlove: CC (was Tickle) is the other kitty that Calie had. She had Tangee, Tickle, and Tigglee (Tigglee use to be Tiggie, I renamed him. He actually caught on to his new name quite quickly :) . :teehee: must have had T on the brain while naming them :teehee:

And, so far this morning, I haven't dropped anything that would break or spill everywhere, thus it's a good thing a good morning :)

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just enjoy the taste it makes even though it is slight, they are both about the same on the sugar scale, within 1 point, so same sweetness. I guess just a personal preference :giggle:
Ahhh, just wanted to be sure there wasn't some health benefit I was missing.
I would love to be a beekeeper. Sounds strange but I became fascinated by bees and beekeeping a few years back. Just don't have anywhere I could use as an apiary.:(
I'm not convinced though that modern beekeeping practices are truly ideal for the bees. Everyone uses the hive design Langstroth came up with, but nobody follows his methods. He never used smoke for instance, so why do modern beekeepers insist on using it?
Smoke the bees to 'calm' them down, then tell everyone that stress is one of the primary causes of bees being unable to fight off disease and parasites.:facepalm:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ahhh, just wanted to be sure there wasn't some health benefit I was missing.
I would love to be a beekeeper. Sounds strange but I became fascinated by bees and beekeeping a few years back. Just don't have anywhere I could use as an apiary.:(
I'm not convinced though that modern beekeeping practices are truly ideal for the bees. Everyone uses the hive design Langstroth came up with, but nobody follows his methods. He never used smoke for instance, so why do modern beekeepers insist on using it?
Smoke the bees to 'calm' them down, then tell everyone that stress is one of the primary causes of bees being unable to fight off disease and parasites.:facepalm:
I like and use honey too, I get mine from a local bee keeper. they say it healthier to get local honey ;) I love to be able to keep bees too, bees and garden go great

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Beach Boys drummer, singer and songwriter Dennis Wilson was born in Inglewood, California, on this day in 1944 (December 4)
Dennis was the only true surfer in the Beach Boys, and his personal life exemplified the "California Myth" that the band's early songs often celebrated. He was the middle brother between Brian and Carl.
Wilson served mainly on drums and backing vocals for the Beach Boys.
His playing can be heard on many of the group's hits, belying the popular misconception that he was always replaced on record by studio musicians.
Friends and biographers have asserted that he was also an uncredited writer on "You Are So Beautiful", a 1974 hit for Joe Cocker frequently performed by Wilson in concert.
During his final years, Wilson struggled with alcoholism and other drugs (including ******* and ******), exacerbating longstanding tensions with some of his bandmates.
On December 28, three weeks after his 39th birthday, Dennis drowned at Marina Del Rey after drinking all day and then diving in the afternoon to attempt to recover his ex-wife's belongings, previously thrown overboard at the marina from his yacht three years earlier amidst their divorce.
Click on the link below to watch “When I Grow Up To Be A Man”:
https://youtu.be/OjJUNh8QATw

May be a black-and-white image of 1 person and text that says 'Dennis Wilson December 4, 1944- December 28, 1983'

7475064fa4909a4608b1fe2dad2f98bf.jpg

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My good thing for the day. After neglecting all but the most necessary housekeeping tasks since Thanksgiving, I finally got motivated to clean my living room and actually got my pile of laundry folded and put away.

Now if I can just find somewhere to buy a Christmas Tree Cage to keep the cats away I might actually put a tree up.:giggle:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My good thing for the day. After neglecting all but the most necessary housekeeping tasks since Thanksgiving, I finally got motivated to clean my living room and actually got my pile of laundry folded and put away.

Now if I can just find somewhere to buy a Christmas Tree Cage to keep the cats away I might actually put a tree up.:giggle:
Let's see, two cats, better be a good strong tree cage :giggle:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Let's see, two cats, better be a good strong tree cage :giggle:
I think, it was Mr Gopher that posted the cat cage for the tree. I found one HUGE problem....EEK
It has a BIGG HOLE at the top. I know my kitties would try try and try again till they accomplished to get to that hole and onto the tree. :eek: :teehee:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
On more of problem solving. There is a place online, I've bought from there several times, called Jackson Galaxy the cat mojo guy. He's all about cats.
He is running a christmas sale. Not sure if everything is on sale, cause I haven't checked it out. But, he sells can air that has a sensor on it and each time a cat jumps up on something it will spray a burst of air onto the kitty. Just an idea something to think on, if you are able to afford a couple of cans and if you think it will work or not.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
On more of problem solving. There is a place online, I've bought from there several times, called Jackson Galaxy the cat mojo guy. He's all about cats.
He is running a christmas sale. Not sure if everything is on sale, cause I haven't checked it out. But, he sells can air that has a sensor on it and each time a cat jumps up on something it will spray a burst of air onto the kitty. Just an idea something to think on, if you are able to afford a couple of cans.
I've watched several episodes of My Cat From Hell, Jackson does seem to have a very good understanding of cats from what I can tell. Never knew he had his own store though.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've watched several episodes of My Cat From Hell, Jackson does seem to have a very good understanding of cats from what I can tell. Never knew he had his own store though.
Lol, I've watched several of My Cat From Hell, too, oh my! Felt sorry for those people and kitties. It's amazing how he gets the kitties and owners to change their ways. He hss taught me so much on kitties. I was happy to be able to support him by buying off his site. There's one toy the kitties love it is a retractable string type thingy toy, they go nuts over it ! If you check out his site you should see it on there.

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ya know I was out earlier and gas around here is right at 3 bucks a gal, when this Ukraine thing started they said Russia caused it to be 4 bucks and house heat went up with it. Now vehicle gas has dropped to 3 bucks but house heat is still crazy high, greedy bassturds

VU Sponsors