Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My good thing for today:
I watched the movie It's a wonderful life", this is the honest truth it was made in 1946 and I was made in 1951 and this is only the second time I have seen this heart warmin movie, last year was the first. I can really connect with this movie.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
f26f4dd153c877ed717f75c38c217947.jpg

81eztUdVT7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Now this is going to be two weird things that turn out to be good things. Well, actually one you all will not want to read or know about.
The first; I spilled my water on top of counter top, that's ok cause I needed to clean it anyway. I took tbe glass over to sink to dump out what was left in glass. Phew, made it to the sink before dropping it on the kitchen floor, I dropped it in the sink and it didn't break with the help of the koozy on it. See, the good thing is I didn't have to clean up any broken glass or clean up any water off the floor. Lol, it couldn't have worked out any better, well, exception, if none of it happened, lol.
Second thing, this is the one you won't want to read or know about. But, I gotta share anyways, lol. I was sitting on a stool while cleaning out the litter box. If, I hadn't been there, poor Tangee would have had a piece of poo dangling from his butt hole. He had swallowed one of my long hair and it didn't come all the way out. So glad I was there to pull the rest of it out before he jumped out of the box and dragging it through the hallway into living room.
These are good things that did not happen and timing was just right :) :bliss:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Didn't post my positive for yesterday so I'll do that now.
Guy I work with has been pestering me about how I don't do anything but work and go home. He's someone I met in another life btw, been working together for a couple years now. Because of our shared past I have up till now sort of kept him at arm's length, work friends but not interested in anything outside work, even though he and his 'old lady' are good people. Well he told me to make sure I give him my number so that we can get together for dinner sometime over the holidays since we will be shut down for 11 days. The positive is I decided what the hell, so the three of us will be going out to dinner sometime during the shutdown. Just hope he's not gonna try to fix me up with anybody. Who knows, maybe we can get a regular card game going. I've fleeced him at poker a time or two.:teehee:

And today's positive, trying another one of the Yogi teas before heading to work, Spicy Hibiscus. Supposed to be elevate mood and energy. Too early to say if that's true, but it tastes good.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Didn't post my positive for yesterday so I'll do that now.
Guy I work with has been pestering me about how I don't do anything but work and go home. He's someone I met in another life btw, been working together for a couple years now. Because of our shared past I have up till now sort of kept him at arm's length, work friends but not interested in anything outside work, even though he and his 'old lady' are good people. Well he told me to make sure I give him my number so that we can get together for dinner sometime over the holidays since we will be shut down for 11 days. The positive is I decided what the hell, so the three of us will be going out to dinner sometime during the shutdown. Just hope he's not gonna try to fix me up with anybody. Who knows, maybe we can get a regular card game going. I've fleeced him at poker a time or two.:teehee:

And today's positive, trying another one of the Yogi teas before heading to work, Spicy Hibiscus. Supposed to be elevate mood and energy. Too early to say if that's true, but it tastes good.
The Yogi Hibiscus is very good tasting to me ;)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Family :wave:
Long day across the river today:(
I hope the day is bein kind to everyone:)

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Someone once asked me: Why do you love music so much?, I replied: Because it's the only thing that stays when everything and everyone is gone.'

JOHN CIPOLLINA of QUICKSILVER MESSENGER SERVICE and his unique guitar rig. (Tap on photo to fully open)
The amp set up Cipollina implemented was an integral part of his signature sound, and can be seen as driving force in solidifying the psychedelic sound of the San Francisco music scene of the 1960's.
Cipollina's unusual selection and combination of amps resulted in an entirely unique amp stack. On the bottom of the stack sat two solid-state Standel bass amps, each of which were equipped with two 15 inch speakers. In contrast, on the top of the stack sat two Fender tube amps: a Twin Reverb sporting two 12-inch speakers, and a Dual Showman which had been modified to drive six Wurlitzer horns.
This set up was deliberately designed so as to form a symbiotic relationship with the guitar. Cipollina's SGs were wired to have one pickup going purely to the Standel bass amps, and have the other pickup going purely to the Fender guitar amps. This meant Cipollina could play with the low crunch of the Standel amps and the classic spiky cleans of the Fenders simultaneously.
"I like the rapid punch of solid-state for the bottom, and the rodent-gnawing distortion of the tubes on top" - John Cipollina
Cipollina also used the driven Wurlitzer horns to good effect, using a foot-switch to turn them on and off. When pushed by the Dual Showman, they provided a familiar rounded tone with overtones of distorted tube breakup. (An example of the horn tone can be heard in Quicksilver Messenger Service's 'How You Love')
May be an image of 1 person

May be an image of chipmunk, squirrel, bird feeder and text that says '...And And from that moment on Cyril always believed in Santa Claus!'

VU Sponsors