Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I wish I had as much energy as that little creature.
This is a big IF,,,,, If, I sleep well I actually do have that energy, lol.
I look back almost two years ago, taking care of Duke, Emma, and the three kitties that were outside, trying to keep them inside on the porch, I really don't know how I did everything. It kinda amazed me, lol. The biggest was Duke, he was a more than a handful, but boy, I sure do miss him and Emma :(

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's funny and sad....oh which to choose from :gaah:

I know. I have lived through all the attempts, SARS, bird flu, swine flu, H1N1, zika, when there weren't enough takers to make it a panic. They've wanted to do this for a long time, to collapse the middle class and bring in universal basic income and UN one world government, so I knew all along it was a ploy, and all through it I was thinking we would not give up our rights, and the "covid era" would eventually be over. Every day I would listen to the news puppets talk about cases, cases cases, and think "I will be so glad when this sh*t is over". It is now, and I still feel like celebrating every day. They keep trying, monkey pox, marburg, this variant, that variant, and there are no longer any takers. For now, all good, but always beware.

There were some positives though. While children had to stay home and take classes online, parents found out what their kids were being taught in schools. In reality these horrendous agendas have been in effect for far longer than 2020, and teachers have griped about it, but nobody really understood, or could figure out why kids were graduating high school without the basic skills of reading, writing and math, until they witnessed the classes online at home and saw what was going on.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
FedEx is the worst. I always feel lucky they didn't throw the package in the bushes and run away.
There was a very good FedEx delivery driver for quite a long while. He never wore those bloody stupid diapers when he handed over the packages. He always drove up the driveway, never leaving the package down by the road in the grass or in the rain or snow. Of course, all good things come to an end. He retired last year, made sure to give him a going away/retirement present. He is missed, best FedEx delivery man EVER !

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I went with funny mostly because of the guy in the top left corner.

It was pretty lax around here. I only had to put on a mask when I renewed my drivers license, and I wore it under my chin, thinking I wouldn't pull it up unless somebody made me do it.

They did this for a while in Japan, nose only, so you'd keep that on while your mouth was open to eat (logic never meant anything):

1703181609910.png1703217819136.png

They made you look like a pig.

Last edited:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It was pretty lax around here. I only had to put on a mask when I renewed my drivers license, and I wore it under my chin, thinking I wouldn't pull it up unless somebody made me do it.

They did this for a while in Japan, nose only, so you'd keep that on while your mouth was open to eat (logic never meant anything):

View attachment 211504

I can't find it now, but I saw an image of people sitting at a restaurant table in those, and in profile they made you look like a pig.
Our little town was one of the first to get rid of the diapers mandate. Though, it didn't matter much, cause I wouldn't wear them. It was funny watching people do an about face while walking towards you and turning around to avoid the diaperless face :teehee:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ooops 🙃
And your song was much better than mine.
In case anybody wonders about Weird Al's fascination with the accordion , his parents apparently chose accordion lessons for him rather than guitar lesson when he was young due to sharing the same last name as Frank Yankovik, sometimes known as the Polka King. It was those lessons that sparked his love of music.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ooops 🙃
And your song was much better than mine.
In case anybody wonders about Weird Al's fascination with the accordion , his parents apparently chose accordion lessons for him rather than guitar lesson when he was young due to sharing the same last name as Frank Yankovik, sometimes known as the Polka King. It was those lessons that sparked his love of music.

I LOVE the accordion, and I have several CD's. People who come here for the first time and look at my stacks always zero in on it and say "okay, let's hear some of that", and I know they have just one expectation: polka, not that there's anything wrong with that, though not my taste. Anyway, so I always think "what, you never heard of French cafe or musette music, Argentine tango, Italian fisar..."

My dad used to bring home instruments for us to all play around with, usually from a thrift shop or flea market: ukelele, flute, harmonica, concertina, his Goya guitar, my piano. From that concertina I have an understanding of how much coordination it takes to play an accordion. I don't think anybody could call it easy. You can beat up a piano without much effort, but the brain has to go down both arms at once to play a bellows instrument.

Last edited:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
'Twas the night before Hanukkah
-Kenny Ellis

Don't say it, okay. I know it's schtick. The jewish author of the song intended schtick. It's pretty funny.
That made me think of a song that used to be the radio every year growing up. You wouldn't think it would be hard to find, but so far Google is failing me. Anyway, my dad always listened to WGN and it was probably "Uncle Bobby" Bob Collins who played it, though I won't swear to it, but it was definitely schtick. It was sung to the tune of Jingle bells, and the only part I recall is
Matzo balls, matzo balls in your chicken soup

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That made me think of a song that used to be the radio every year growing up. You wouldn't think it would be hard to find, but so far Google is failing me. Anyway, my dad always listened to WGN and it was probably "Uncle Bobby" Bob Collins who played it, though I won't swear to it, but it was definitely schtick. It was sung to the tune of Jingle bells, and the only part I recall is
Matzo balls, matzo balls in your chicken soup

I can't find anything like that either. Now I'm on a mission.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Night Before The Reset....by Media Bear

Funny but really scary. The last thing seen, "do not comply", YES.

I don't know who all kept up with what was going on in other countries, but Australia was scariest of all, as a forerunner of what could happen here, what was/is planned for us too. They really did have covid concentration camps, hauled people off and incarcerated them, and some of those centers were distant barracks where they threatened them with being gassed if they stepped outside their assigned units. There was no rule of law except to oppress, no self defense process, no choice, any more than there was choice for people under Hitler's regime. No wonder @Smigo fled deeper into the bush.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There's another system that's supposed to bring more rain here, sure hope so! Last round was like yours, not a hard rain, a good soaking rain and rained almost an inch :)
So, you all east of here, will get rain or snow sometime after Saturday/Sunday. If you don't, than I am/was wrong, lol.
It's supposed to start here tonight with spotty showers then in the mornin turn to a real rain, we need it here badly too, lakes are all down, some 8 to 10 feet down.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Feeling kind of bummed.:(
I had a friend from my early days on ECF that was one of the people I had wanted to reconnect with. She spent some time here on VU as well a few years ago. When I didn't find her on either forum I managed to get ahold of her through other means since I knew she was ill. Talked to her a couple times since then but I hadn't been able to get any updates for the last couple weeks so I have been trying to find another way to reach her. Finally learned something tonight. Turns out the reason I hadn't heard back the last couple times I tried to get ahold of her is that she passed away on December 5th. I kind of suspected that was why I wasn't hearing from her, but I have been hoping that wasn't the case.
She went by the name LynnNC for anyone that might know or remember her.
@Jimi I know you were praying for her too so I'm sorry I wasn't able to find this news out sooner.
😢
OMG I was so afraid this was goin to happen:cry: I am at a loss for words. I first met her through @JuicyLucy
she had sent her to me for information, we talked back and forth several times and I got to know her, then when her so called doctor told her I was crazy she faded away for a while, I had great hopes for her. a while back I learned she is a very good friend of Kad's, I know he is feelin this pain and even more. Thank you Kad for letting me know as I wondered all the time.

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Family :wave:
Another day of appointments:(
I hope everyone has a good day;)

Bob Dylan on his Triumph

May be an image of 1 person and motorcycle

May be an image of 1 person, heart and text that says 'I forgot the question but the answer is love. The answer is always love. Trud Jane POETRY, PROSE AND PONDERINGS'

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail
mail
mail
Happy Winter’s Solstice!

It always makes me laugh when people say, “This is the shortest day of the year!” Because the reality is that it’s still a 24 hour day… it just has less daylight in it.

That reminds me of us… amazing human beings!

Even though we go through dark and hard times, we are no less the infinite creation of God.

Even though we’ve had experiences that have impacted us and can make us feel like we’re walking in a fog, trying to remember who we are – our value and worth is always at 100%.

So, on this day that seems filled with darkness, the solstice is the reminder of the light that is within each one of us, no matter what is going on the outside.

Remember that, friends…no matter what is going on, you are of infinite worth, made from Love, designed to love and be loved.

Please enjoy a thoughtful pause today and this piano piece I wrote and performed called “Winter Solstice”.

Winter Solstice -- Stacey Robbins

VU Sponsors