Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am gonna call it a night, haveta go put dishes away and give the chuckwagon a final detailin and see if Jean needs anything, so Good night and thank you for playin I had a great time

4b81accca322e8d9ee53b027b3cae84b.jpg

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This is a good thing, however, also bad.
I always want to hear the bad first, so here it is. The B&M where I buy my Strawbanana e liquid will not be selling it anymore. It was the house liquid and the guy that made it is done making it. This sucks.
Now the good, I did get the last 120ml bottle. Though, it is 30pg 70vg, I do 40/60vg, also it is 12 nicotine. Thankfully, they had a 120ml with no nic in it, yippee! So bought that too, took both home and combined them both in a 240ml bottle, now all good 👍 I'll deal with it being 30/70vg.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good well seasoned cast iron is almost as good as any non-stick pan ever created.
No almost about it. A well seasoned cast iron or carbon steel pan makes better food and is better for the environment Any non stick ever made has to be thrown away after a few years, plus who knows what it's leaching into your food. Carbon steel and cast iron will be passed down through generations. I have a 70 year old Griswald that belonged to my mother.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah it's rough over there, all day long car jackings, shootings every day, you name it, I hate to even have to go there

Jimi, this is suggested only to help you, but I'm starting to get the feeling you don't even use credit cards, so maybe not.

Though I prefer to get in the stores and find out what's new, what's on sale, select the best fruit and veg, but I do use Instacart when I'm pressed for time, busy with work, people coming over, whatever the need may be. Yes, you pay delivery charges and shopper tips, but you have to compare that to the costs of getting across the river and back without being shot or carjacked, wear and tear on the car, and time spent shopping. I checked, and Instacart delivers in East Peoria from these stores:

Aldi
Schnucks
Kroger
Hy-Vee
Walgreens
Sam's Club
Target
Binny's Beverage Depot
Costco (great deals and you don't have to buy the membership because Instacart holds the membership)

When you make out your order, you list authorized substitutions in case anything is sold out, or you can indicate "refund if unavailable". There is also a note box next to each item, where you can say things like "kimchi is a cold product, so check the produce department and cold cases, it is not on the regular food shelves", or "if the 32 oz is unavailable substitute two 16 oz". Stuff like that.

If you like it, you can buy an annual membership which offsets delivery charges.

There's another grocery delivery service, Shipt, which I didn't check. They might also deliver to your area.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning all, and happy Friday, happy holiday weekend. It's still Kwanzaa right now, and we know what's happening on Sunday night. I'm usually either the designated driver, even on a date if he's drinking, or I stay home on New Years eve. I don't like being out on the one night of the year when everybody drinks, including all the people who don't otherwise drink and so are more likely to engage in drunk driving behavior, besides which there are more cops on the roads looking for it. My mom used to call me up on the afternoon of New Years Eve, and would not hang up or let me go until I promised to either stay home or not drink alcohol at all. That was the time in my life when I got used to being the designated sober driver. No regrets. But this year I think I'm just going to stay home.

Work has been insane the last couple of days, and probably will be again later today, but so far slow, so I don't know which of so many pleasures to take: Friday diet cheat day, a long list of podcast links I saved, a beautiful gray droopy cold day outside my window with a warm toasty ambience here in my cleaned up apartment, or a few minutes on this forum, so I started here. For one thing, it will take me an hour to catch up on "likes" with the forum, as slow as it is right now.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Jimi, this is suggested only to help you, but I'm starting to get the feeling you don't even use credit cards, so maybe not.

Though I prefer to get in the stores and find out what's new, what's on sale, select the best fruit and veg, but I do use Instacart when I'm pressed for time, busy with work, people coming over, whatever the need may be. Yes, you pay delivery charges and shopper tips, but you have to compare that to the costs of getting across the river and back without being shot or carjacked, wear and tear on the car, and time spent shopping. I checked, and Instacart delivers in East Peoria from these stores:

Aldi
Schnucks
Kroger
Hy-Vee
Walgreens
Sam's Club
Target
Binny's Beverage Depot
Costco (great deals and you don't have to buy the membership because Instacart holds the membership)

When you make out your order, you list authorized substitutions in case anything is sold out, or you can indicate "refund if unavailable". There is also a note box next to each item, where you can say things like "kimchi is a cold product, so check the produce department and cold cases, it is not on the regular food shelves", or "if the 32 oz is unavailable substitute two 16 oz". Stuff like that.

If you like it, you can buy an annual membership which offsets delivery charges.

There's another grocery delivery service, Shipt, which I didn't check. They might also deliver to your area.
Good ol' Wally World has delivery as well.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
the forum, as slow as it is right now.
It has sped up for me (knock on wood) compared to yesterday and earlier this morning.
But this year I think I'm just going to stay home.
Same here, I'll let the rookies play bumper cars. My oldest daughter brought us a bottle of a French rose bubbly that we will crack open and be asleep well before midnight. We can watch the ball drop at 9PM PST...

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just got done cleanin up a disaster. I cooked my first stuffed pork chops for Jean today, started out just made sandwiches for her then decided to go through freezer. Found a couple thick chops that needed used up so thought I would get it all ready, there's a lot of work makin stuffed pork chops, well at least the way I did them :facepalm: Made me some veggie medoley and every pan needed sand blasted to get the crud off.

Something has stuck in my mind for many, many years. In Dallas I knew a lady whose grandma was real Italian, first generation immigrant of the family. My friend told me this grandma made spaghetti sauce by searing pork chops, then adding all the other ingredients and simmering for the three hours or so (I think). She said there was no other sauce like it in the world, and then the pork chops were served on the side of the pasta & sauce. I could believe it, listening to her. Never tried it, don't eat much pork, but it still sounds delicious when I think about it.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is a good thing, however, also bad.
I always want to hear the bad first, so here it is. The B&M where I buy my Strawbanana e liquid will not be selling it anymore. It was the house liquid and the guy that made it is done making it. This sucks.
Now the good, I did get the last 120ml bottle. Though, it is 30pg 70vg, I do 40/60vg, also it is 12 nicotine. Thankfully, they had a 120ml with no nic in it, yippee! So bought that too, took both home and combined them both in a 240ml bottle, now all good 👍 I'll deal with it being 30/70vg.
Too bad you couldn't of gotten the recipe from the guy, beings he's through makin it maybe he'll be kind and share or sell it (the recipe) to you cheap, might be worth a try ;)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Aldi
Schnucks
Kroger
Hy-Vee
Walgreens
Sam's Club
Target
Binny's Beverage Depot

I really limit my trips across the river as much as I can, I hate goin over to crime city. We only go over there for Dr appts and stuff we can't get here, like the health foods store. ;)
I know this is hard to believe but it's risky goin over there anytime of day, a while back a gal got shot, killed her, over a twenty dollar bill.:crazy:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Something has stuck in my mind for many, many years. In Dallas I knew a lady whose grandma was real Italian, first generation immigrant of the family. My friend told me this grandma made spaghetti sauce by searing pork chops, then adding all the other ingredients and simmering for the three hours or so (I think). She said there was no other sauce like it in the world, and then the pork chops were served on the side of the pasta & sauce. I could believe it, listening to her. Never tried it, don't eat much pork, but it still sounds delicious when I think about it.
That sounds like something I could make for Jean, thank you,, might haveta try that

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Too bad you couldn't of gotten the recipe from the guy, beings he's through makin it maybe he'll be kind and share or sell it (the recipe) to you cheap, might be worth a try ;)
When everything was going down the tubes with our Vaping, I tried to get the manager to do this for me. He would not. I'm going to try again since now I know he stopped making it. Just didn't ask this time. I will next time while trying out different e liquid to see if I'm able to find something that I like.

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes I don't like credit cards at all, had one hacked twice so I am done with them:(

The first credit card I ever had was hacked bad, like 2,500.00 on gasoline, restaurants, retail. I'll never know how they could do that without having the actual card in hand. That was even before I ever used a card for online shopping. I wouldn't know how they got the card details, except maybe a criminal store employee saved the info, but the issuing bank backed me up and removed all the charges from my account, closed the account and sent me a new card with a new account number. That was a long time ago, but I seem to recall the bank telling me the hacker was caught and arrested. Then in 2021 or 22, I got one of those random 500.00 hacks. That issuing bank removed the charge and told me it was their error. Hah, I'm so sure.

But, I read my statements each month and make sure everything is valid before paying. The issuing bank will always back you up. I pay an annual fee for identity theft protection through Discover card, and it covers all my credit cards and bank accounts. They called me recently and told me my social security number was found on the dark web. I thought it was a "phishing" call so I hung up on the caller, then called Discover and asked. They said it was them, but a different department. I still think it was some kind of telemarketing effort, but I took no action. There's no action you can take if your info is on the dark web, other than be vigilant, read your statements, be careful online. The only time my social security number ever goes online is when my accountant pays my taxes on IRS.gov, and would I be surprised if IRS.gov sold my info? Not in the least.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The first credit card I ever had was hacked bad, like 2,500.00 on gasoline, restaurants, retail. I'll never know how they could do that without having the actual card in hand. That was even before I ever used a card for online shopping. I wouldn't know how they got the card details, except maybe a criminal store employee saved the info, but the issuing bank backed me up and removed all the charges from my account, closed the account and sent me a new card with a new account number. That was a long time ago, but I seem to recall the bank telling me the hacker was caught and arrested. Then in 2021 or 22, I got one of those random 500.00 hacks. That issuing bank removed the charge and told me it was their error. Hah, I'm so sure.

But, I read my statements each month and make sure everything is valid before paying. The issuing bank will always back you up. I pay an annual fee for identity theft protection through Discover card, and it covers all my credit cards and bank accounts. They called me recently and told me my social security number was found on the dark web. I thought it was a "phishing" call so I hung up on the caller, then called Discover and asked. They said it was them, but a different department. I still think it was some kind of telemarketing effort, but I took no action. There's no action you can take if your info is on the dark web, other than be vigilant, read your statements, be careful online. The only time my social security number ever goes online is when my accountant pays my taxes on IRS.gov, and would I be surprised if IRS.gov sold my info? Not in the least.
This happened to my mom. My bro, nephew, mom, and I had went to Worlds Of Fun in Kansas city ks. We were walking around and moms phone rang, it was Life Lock saying her credit card was charged over 1500.00. All she had to do was get a new card, they took care of everything.

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I am just one of these people who believe there's nothing as trustin as green, I won't even use checks ;)

VU Sponsors