A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
New=Nuevo

Nuevo Laredo - Sir Douglas Quintet

Laredo was originally established in 1755 by Spain as a settlement to help prevent the encroachment of northern indigenous groups (the Apache were, as I understand the biggest concern) into their Mexican territories. It existed on both sides of the Rio Grande.

In 1848 the treaty that ended the Mexican American War split the territory along the river. Nuevo Laredo was established by 17 families from Laredo who wished to remain Mexicans rather than Texans. They supposedly even dug up the bones of their ancestors to move them across the river so they could remain buried in Mexican soil.

Just trying to keep my mind occupied.

Sorry I kept missing you Jimi. Have a good night.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
e3ad3c86a0a547cc3152beaad85f0769.gif

..:)......................................................

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I hope that my Memento Mori post didn't seem morbid. It was intended more as a reminder that as we enter the New Year we should stop to think about the conversations we have put off, the things we have left undone and unsaid. Because we never know when it might be too late to do or say those things.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I found something for @SnapDragon NY that she might like

Happy New Year

mail
"In the Chinese Zodiac, the Dragon represents charismatic authority, intelligence, confidence, mythical power and creativity.

"The Wood Dragon year 2024, when combined with the nourishing Wood element, will bring evolution, improvement, and abundance; it is the perfect time for rejuvenated beginnings
and setting the foundation for long-term success.

"May you discover and realize your inner dragon: your deep wisdom, power, creativity, and resourcefulness to fulfill your highest potential!”

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I found something for @SnapDragon NY that she might like

Happy New Year

mail
"In the Chinese Zodiac, the Dragon represents charismatic authority, intelligence, confidence, mythical power and creativity.

"May you discover and realize your inner dragon: your deep wisdom, power, creativity, and resourcefulness to fulfill your highest potential!”
I found this the other day for @SnapDragon NY and.....you can guess :teehee:
20231227_224830.jpg

VU Sponsors