Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, evidently there were people who missed the imagery in the video. It seemed obvious to me that she was being accused of being a witch in the video, but not everyone understood that.

Awesome song and artist. My first time to encounter Delta Rae.

I wouldn't have had any objection to seeing a white woman sing about the human low point of slavery though.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know, I have been wondering about him for awhile now. He has been gone a long time for making grilled cheese sandwiches.

He's been back since then. He last posted a Hollies song at 3:49pm, then poof, disappeared. The toasted cheese was lunch. That's why I hope he's just making dinner, since he usually doesn't stay up late, and will have only a couple of hours left in his day for tonight's party on this thread.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My good thing for today is that I didn't just get clawed by my cats.

My neighbor likes his fireworks, and last year, when they were still kittens, the first one went off on New Year's Eve while they were on my lap. They clawed me to pieces as they raced for cover. They hid as far back in the corners under the furniture as they could, for hours, and nothing I could do would get them to come out. But they have gotten used to it now I guess, they barely even open their eyes when the windows rattle from the explosions taking place outside.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
He's been back since then. He last posted a Hollies song at 3:49pm, then poof, disappeared. The toasted cheese was lunch. That's why I hope he's just making dinner, since he usually doesn't stay up late, and will have only a couple of hours left in his day for tonight's party on this thread.
Yep, you are absolutely right, my memory must be going. He actually made three or four posts I think when he came back. But he was only back for such a short time that my brain somehow kept thinking he never came back from his lunch duties.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There appears to be a bit of a lull here at the party, so I'm going to my big chair with a cup of mint tea to settle the dinner I just ate my computer, which is a bad habit.

Anyway, hope to see everybody here in about half an hour.
I was busy listening to this wonderfully inspirational piece you posted, all 11+ minutes of it. See you when you get back.

VU Sponsors