Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That reminds me of a question I wanted to ask.

Does date sugar dissolve in tea? I was looking at it more closely online, and all of the varieties, even the "powdered sugar" variety, are single ingredient, dates dried and ground up.
Yup that's what they are just dried dates ground up, Don't know if they would dissolve, prolly not but if you fill your own bags you could add it and it will steep in

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yup that's what they are just dried dates ground up, Don't know if they would dissolve, prolly not but if you fill your own bags you could add it and it will steep in

Oh man, ya got me started now.

When I made up my next batch of coffee bags I put in cacao nibs and broken up cinnamon sticks. Those are pretty generous size tea bags I bought 2000 of, so I'm going to town with the experiments. It's just wonderful.

I don't drink cream or sugar in my coffee or tea. I was wondering about the dissolvability for when I tell others about it.

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

When I made up my next batch of coffee bags I put in cacao nibs and broken up cinnamon sticks. Those a pretty generous size tea bags I bought 2000 of, so I'm going to town with the experiments. It's just wonderful.

I don't drink cream or sugar in my coffee or tea. I was wondering about the dissolvability for when I tell others about it.
I buy bulk tea and herbs at IHERB pretty fair prices too

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

When I made up my next batch of coffee bags I put in cacao nibs and broken up cinnamon sticks. Those a pretty generous size tea bags I bought 2000 of, so I'm going to town with the experiments. It's just wonderful.

Per Wikipedia
It is made from dried dates and adds a rich sweetness to recipes, although it will not dissolve when added to drinks. It also does not melt like granulated sugar which can limit its use.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OK, not a game post, but I have to share this after finding it. Especially since we have at least one Peanuts lover in the thread. Happy New Year to everyone, and thanks you all for being such wonderful, caring and loving people. 🎆🎇🎆

You can count me as another Peanuts lover. That whole Peanuts gang was so well done. Charlie Brown was always a little depressed, but kind and respectful toward everyone, including mean Lucy. Peppermint Patti was sort of an early dyke. Snoopy was a sweet loyal dog, so I may never understand how he got to be the bloody red baron. Woodstock was like a thought flittering about. Schroeder was a baby music genius. One of them, Linus (?) had the blanket he dragged around; or was that Pigpen? Anyway, it was beautiful, peaceful, sweet.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. Well there's always date syrup, which to read about from the clean eating foodies, is to swoon for.
I'm personally in the raw honey camp, but I think the date products have a lower glycemic index. I figure honey has some limited health benefits and avoids the refined sugar issues, but don't know how it stacks up against some of the other unrefined natural sweeteners from a caloric standpoint. Of course I don't drink anything in my coffee, and ever since I discovered herbal teas, nothing in hot tea either, but honey is what I use to sweeten iced tea and oatmeal.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm personally in the raw honey camp, but I think the date products have a lower glycemic index. I figure honey has some limited health benefits and avoids the refined sugar issues, but don't know how it stacks up against some of the other unrefined natural sweeteners from a caloric standpoint. Of course I don't drink anything in my coffee, and ever since I discovered herbal teas, nothing in hot tea either, but honey is what I use to sweeten iced tea and oatmeal.

I don't worry about it much for myself either. I still have about 3 lbs. left of the 5 lb. organic raw cane sugar I bought in 2015, and half the bottle of organic Texas honey I bought at around that same time, but foodies talk about stuff, and enjoy Jimi's up to date knowledge.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
“New Year’s Day: Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual.”
― Mark Twain

Yesterday, everybody smoked his last cigar, took his last drink and swore his last oath. Today, we are a pious and exemplary community. Thirty days from now, we shall have cast our reformation to the winds and gone to cutting our ancient shortcomings considerably shorter than ever.
― Mark Twain

I'm resolving to procrastinate less, be kinder, drink less, eat healthier. To accomplish the first, I will begin breaking all of my other Resolutions at precisely 12:01am.
― Kad

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
696ddc169c65adcf96e8f7f4a017fa31.jpg

e4d5ea4d534fbb9a6d520120c7327112.jpg

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Have to let you all know something else, lol.
But, this is way more serious of what almost happened to my brother. I don't think mom would've been able to go on IF this would thave turned out differently. Pretty sure like his guarding angel was watching over him. The new year would have horrible.

He was driving to work on the highway, it was in a certain part of the highway that closes in a bit , if he would've done this right before this point he would have died. All he he did was take a drink of water, it went down wrong and he didn't spit it out, he swallowed and the next thing he knew his eyes went dark, he couldn't see and passed out. Thankfully, there wasn't any vehicles on his side of road that was around him, but on the other side there was. There was vehicles behind him, however not close enough. The only thing that saved him from a fatal crash. There is a big bump before that spot that closes in and he ran over it and for some reason that's what 'woke' him up.
He stopped to get himself together and all the vehicles that were behind caught up saw what happened and none stopped to see if he was alright.

Wanted to let you know this just incase. He says he will not do rhe something again. And, yup, now I'm not going to either. Yeah, it's weird ! Never heard of this happening to anyone. So, I'm really thankful grateful that I still have my brother. Also, he didn't tell mom, but he did tell his son and his son gave him the biggest hug he has ever given his dad.

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I didn't put my good thing for yesterday on yet, did todays.
Yesterday went to this store called UFS (unclaimed freight store) they had just gotten a load of MUC LUC slippers and sox in so found a nice pair of slippers for Jean and they even had a pair for deformed giant feet:giggle: and found a super insulated sox for Jean, they are actually almost an inch thick material and the warmest sox she said she has ever had.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
But, this is way more serious of what almost happened to my brother. I don't think mom would've been able to go on IF this would thave turned out differently. Pretty sure like his guarding angel was watching over him. The new year would have horrible.

He was driving to work on the highway, it was in a certain part of the highway that closes in a bit , if he would done this right before this point he would have died. All he he did was take a drink of water, it went down wrong and he didn't spit it out, he swallowed and the next thing he knew his eyes went dark, he couldn't see and passed out. Thankfully, there wasn't any vehicles on his side of road that was around him, but on the side there was. There was vehicles behind him, however not close enough. The only thing that saved him from a fatal crash. There is a big bump before that spot that closes in and he ran over it and for some reason that's what 'woke' him up.
He stopped to get himself together and all the vehicles that were behind caught up saw what happened and none stopped to see if he was alright.

Wanted to let you know this just incase. He says he will not do rhe something again. And, yup, now I'm not going to either. Yeah, it's weird ! Never heard of this happening to anyone. So, I'm really thankful grateful that I still have my brother. Also, he didn't tell mom, but he did tell his son and his son gave him the biggest hug he has ever given his dad.
Wow, that had to be an incredibly scary experience for him. I am so glad it turned out the way it did for his sake as well as for your sake.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

He was driving to work on the highway, it was in a certain part of the highway that closes in a bit , if he would've done this right before this point he would have died. All he he did was take a drink of water, it went down wrong and he didn't spit it out, he swallowed and the next thing he knew his eyes went dark, he couldn't see and passed out. Thankfully, there wasn't any vehicles on his side of road that was around him, but on the other side there was. There was vehicles behind him, however not close enough. The only thing that saved him from a fatal crash. There is a big bump before that spot that closes in and he ran over it and for some reason that's what 'woke' him up.

OMG I am glad he's alright. If he smokes tell him to quit, if he doesn't tell him to do breathin exercises, tell him that anyway. Sounds like low blood oxygen content, I have experienced that before.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

He was driving to work on the highway, it was in a certain part of the highway that closes in a bit , if he would done this right before this point he would have died. All he he did was take a drink of water, it went down wrong and he didn't spit it out, he swallowed and the next thing he knew his eyes went dark, he couldn't see and passed out. Thankfully, there wasn't any vehicles on his side of road that was around him, but on the other side there was. There was vehicles behind him, however not close enough. The only thing that saved him from a fatal crash. There is a big bump before that spot that closes in and he ran over it and for some reason that's what 'woke' him up.

For me, this is a sign to be very careful of road closures, when combined with something else I heard today. I was listening to a podcast, in which the true story was told of a black man who almost drove off a broken bridge because the road work barrier had been removed or broken or something. He screeched to a halt and saved himself. He left his car where it was as a partial barrier, got out and started waving to oncoming cars to warn them. Because he was black and it was dusk, people assumed he wanted to carjack or otherwise harm them, so it wasn't until some cars drove off into the river bed, the passengers killed, that the incident ended.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
OMG I am glad he's alright. If he smokes tell him to quit, if he doesn't tell him to do breathin exercises, tell him that anyway. Sounds like low blood oxygen content, I have experienced that before.
Thank you, Jimi. He quit smoking two maybe three years ago, he is Vaping :) . I'll tell him and find some of the articles you have posted.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

From the way Wolfie tells it, he drowned himself with the drink of water going down wrong, but not coughing it out. Terrible to think of.

VU Sponsors