Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like this one too:

Joe Sample with India.Arie

This CD featured the last recorded work of Texas pianist Joe Sample. He died of cancer close after the completion, before the CD was released in early 2015 on Motown.

I love hearing the tenderness of care in India Arie's voice near the end of the song. This is one of my most treasured recordings.

Last edited:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And now I'm not sure where we are, I thought the ninja got me, until Bliss posted and it looks like it got her which means it didn't get me...
Someone post something...or I guess I could just go back and look.

I think it was "Feet Don't Fail Me" but feel free to work from Auld Lang Syne, I'll just follow someone elses lead.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If y'all are hanging out longer I'll stick around for a bit, but not sure I'll make it to Central's midnight.

Either way, I'm going to say thank you all for turning this night into a fantastic New Year's Eve party! It was great fun, especially for an anti-social introvert like me, tee-hee.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If y'all are hanging out longer I'll stick around for a bit, but not sure I'll make it to Central's midnight.
I am gonna call it a night before long, glad you had a good time, I think we all did so thank you my friend

I really enjoyed the party. I'm glad everybody did.

I'm tired too, but hanging in until the last one says goodnight.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I am gonna call it a night, thank you all for makin it such a fun night, see you all tomorrow

3baa9a76bcdc72eb2708ca006accacc8.jpg

4446e9b274b7fb0a224ae6994d36def3.jpg

Love you all :hug:

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
GAH! My kitties just reminded me with their evil glares and their claw sharpening (don't ask me how they managed to get ahold of those nail files, but they are filing away as we speak, turning their claws into knives) that I was rude enough to take the sheets and blankets off of "their" bed earlier, and I never put them back on.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm already ninja'd, so I don't care. I had this song ready when I saw that red message "other message have been posted".

After the holidays
-Eric Reed

I believe the singer is Paula West.

This song has always spoken to me of that beloved relative who has been lost to alcoholism, vagrancy, homelessness. Many families have one, who will show up at Christmas, enjoy the warmth, the food, hot shower, and everybody hopes he will recover, stick around, rebuild his life, but after the holidays are over, he's gone again. I had a cousin who was like that. There was so much pain in his beautiful eyes. We loved him very much.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I am gonna call it a night before long, glad you had a good time, I think we all did so thank you my friend
I was just about to say the same, though, I have things to do.

To Everyone....Thank you for getting my mind back to where it should be. My little critter running around on the wheel was getting exhausted, lol. Now she's back, not at full speed, but not flipping me off with her middle claw anymore :teehee:
So, she's all well.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was just about to say the same, though, I have things to do.

To Everyone....Thank you for getting my mind back to where it should be. My little critter running around on the wheel was getting exhausted, lol. Now she's back, not at full speed, but not flipping me off with her middle claw anymore :teehee:
So, she's all well.

Happy new year Wolfie. May all be well in your soul tonight.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I'm already ninja'd, so I don't care. I had this song ready when I saw that red message "other message have been posted".

After the holidays
-Eric Reed

I believe the singer is Paula West.

This song has always spoken to me of that beloved relative who has been lost to alcoholism, vagrancy, homelessness. Many families have one, who will show up at Christmas, enjoy the warmth, the food, hot shower, and everybody hopes he will recover, stick around, rebuild his life, but after the holidays are over, he's gone again. I had a cousin who was like that. There was so much pain in his beautiful eyes. We loved him very much.
After Midnight- Eric Clapton

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ramble on
Always loved the Lord of the Rings references in Ramble On, especially since this was written at a point in time when LoTR was largely unknown except to geeks like me.

"How years ago in days of old
When magic filled the air
'Twas in the darkest depths of Mordor
I met a girl so fair
But Gollum, and the evil one
Crept up and slipped away with her"

Walking On The Moon - The Police

VU Sponsors