Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
But I didn't get to listen to your other song yet. :sadpanda:

Well I fixed it for you, but I messed it up for Jimi's word match However, I can justify that "river" and "stream" have the same meaning, just a matter of size, so in the end, it's a match.

The other song was Stream of Consciousness by Dream Theater. Broken link:

om/watch?v=nJE9-TjYArs

I'm glad you're having fun. I am too.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I am not particularly religious despite growing up in the church, and even working for one for a couple years as their choir director. I'm not technically agnostic, since I generally believe there is "something" out there, I just don't know what that something is, if it is something most people would think of as a deity or if it is more of a universal connection, or, well, I don't know. But for the New Year I would like to offer some blessings to everyone regardless.

Jewish/Christian Blessing
The LORD bless you and keep you, The LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you. The LORD lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.
Numbers 6:23–27

Buddhist Blessing
May we all be well, happy and peaceful, May no harm come to us, May we all also have patience, courage, understanding, and determination to meet and overcome inevitable difficulties, problems, and failures in life.

A Hindu Peace Prayer
I desire neither earthly kingdom, nor even freedom from birth and death.
I desire only the deliverance from grief of all those afflicted by misery.
Oh Lord, lead us from the unreal to the real; from darkness to light; from death to immortality.
May there be peace in celestial regions.
May there be peace on earth.
May the waters be appeasing.
May herbs be wholesome and may trees and plants bring peace to all.
May all beneficent beings bring peace to us. May your wisdom spread peace all through the world.
May all things be a source of peace to all and to me.
Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti (Peace, peace, peace).

Muslim Blessing
Peace be on you and the mercy and blessings of Allah.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
d428cf2d5cc5a8a4be572efcb8657c5b.jpg

db3c5b64810b78875ca98e0a33669630.jpg

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think, you're right Bliss. It definitely freaked him out big time. Lol, now it's my time to freak out a little :teehee:

I'll tell you of my new years eve miracle some years ago.

I was traveling to a friend's home after dark, headed to the party. It was an unfamiliar part of town for me. I was only going about 40 mph, not speeding, not drunk. Suddenly my lane ended with a high curb, where my side of the road reduced from three lanes to two. A fancy low sleek black car pulled ahead of me, cutting me off, so I screeched to a halt. When I did, that black car pulled back into his lane and moved on. That was when I saw the high curb I'd been heading toward at 40 mph. I felt like wow, batman came to my rescue.

We do have guardian angels.

Another time, in Dallas, one night at 2am after an evening of DJ'ing, as I walked toward my car in the club district that was, probably still is, a few streets of a derelict, haunted, ghosty area of old warehouses converted to nightclubs, art galleries, record stores and restaurants, a man began crossing the street toward me. I saw the glint of a knife in his hand. Nearing my car, I wondered if I would make it in time, when I was surprised by a black caped man on my side of the street who ran at me, bumped into me hard. Looking over his shoulder at the knife man, the caped man began speaking loudly, "I'm so sorry, are you okay, did I hurt you?" The knife man went back to his side of the street, turned a corner and disappeared down a side street. Just as I tried to tell the caped man I was okay, he was gone. I can't say whether he walked away or vaporized. He just wasn't there anymore. I think his approach, deliberately crashing into me and talking loud, was logistical. If he'd stopped and spoken to me casually, I would, at that hour, probably have been afraid of him and suspicious of his intentions.

We have to be guardian angels too, when we can, helping people, giving money to beggars when they ask for it, feeding the colleague who never has lunch money. That puts us in league with those who watch over us when we least expect it.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My best friend since high school was back then a pretty messed up person, looking for love in all the wrong places so to speak. At the time this happened we hung out but it was never just dropping by unannounced. I was 16 I guess, on my way home from my first job. Had to pass her road to get home, and as I approached her road I felt this strong urge to go see her. Like I said, totally out of character, but this feeling was so strong that I turned onto her road almost before I knew I was doing it. Pulled into the drive, almost didn't think anybody was home, but again felt strongly I should go inside anyway. I walked in as she was preparing to dump a bottle of pills in her mouth.
One of the reasons I am convinced there is something out there. Something guided me there that day as far as I am concerned.
Anyway, this same friend went on to get a degree in music therapy. I think I'm going to tell her she wasted her money, 'cuz music IS therapy, no degree needed.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My best friend since high school was back then a pretty messed up person, looking for love in all the wrong places so to speak. At the time this happened we hung out but it was never just dropping by unannounced. I was 16 I guess, on my way home from my first job. Had to pass her road to get home, and as I approached her road I felt this strong urge to go see her. Like I said, totally out of character, but this feeling was so strong that I turned onto her road almost before I knew I was doing it. Pulled into the drive, almost didn't think anybody was home, but again felt strongly I should go inside anyway. I walked in as she was preparing to dump a bottle of pills in her mouth.
One of the reasons I am convinced there is something out there. Something guided me there that day as far as I am concerned.
Anyway, this same friend went on to get a degree in music therapy. I think I'm going to tell her she wasted her money, 'cuz music IS therapy, no degree needed.

Ah when I found out about the music therapy field, a profession and program of study that's only about 20 years old now, I was wishing I'd been born a little later. I think it would have been absolutely for me.

I agree with you about that "something out there". I think it's love, a powerful force we can tap into, align ourselves with, or ignore.

Jesus: Love one another as I have loved you.

Hillel: Be of the disciples of Aaron, loving peace and pursuing peace, loving your fellow creatures and drawing them near to the Law.

Gandhi: Love is the strongest force the world possesses, and yet it is the humblest imaginable.

Martin Luther King: Along the way of life, someone must have sense enough and morality enough to cut off the chain of hate. This can only be done by projecting the ethic of love to the center of our lives.

Prophet Muhammed: You will never enter paradise until you have faith and you will not complete your faith until you love one another.

Mother Teresa: I believe God loves the world through us—through you and me.

Nelson Mandela: The path of those who preach love, and not hatred, is not easy. They often have to wear a crown of thorns.

Pope John 23rd: I have looked into your eyes with my eyes. I have put my heart near your heart.

Pablo Neruda: To feel the love of people whom we love is a fire that feeds our life.

There is an actual, real church of the Jedi, and to me it's very interesting when you look at its stated values. May the force be with you Kad.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

And BTW I don't know if I've put a "like" icon on your treatise yet. I haven't finished reading it yet, but it's great.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
More blessings for the New Year to expand on my previous post.

Celtic Blessing

The blessings of heaven
The blessings of earth
The blessings of sea and of sky
On those we love this day.
And on every human family
The blessings of heaven
The blessings of earth
The blessings of sea and of sky.

Cheyenne Prayer for Peace
Let us know peace.
For as long as the moon shall rise,
For as long as the rivers shall flow,
For as long as the sun shall shine,
For as long as the grass shall grow,
Let us know peace.

Sioux Prayer
Grandfather Great Spirit
All over the world the faces of living ones are alike.
With tenderness they have come up out of the
ground.
Look upon your children that they may face the
winds,
And walk the good road to the Day of Quiet.
Grandfather Great Spirit
Fill us with the Light.
Give us the strength to understand,
and the eyes to see.
Teach us to walk the soft Earth
as relatives to all that live.

And a beautiful song, broken link
Blessings - Laura Story
e/XQan9L3yXjc?si=53uKNAGq6mUHJ8QC

VU Sponsors