Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Family :wave:
Only got another inch of snow last night but the 40 mph winds blew it all into my drive. It was a light snow though, then went to get into the garage and of coarse the lock was froze, finally got it open so I could go get Jeans prescriptions. It's gotten real cold here.:(
I hope everyone is havin a great day:)
Shoveled about 6-7 inches earlier today, in 10-15 minute increments. The house I'm renting sits on a corner, I didn't think about the fact that that doubled the amount of sidewalk I had to keep shoveled when i signed the lease. But I guess it was worth it just because it has a big kitchen. Snow still falling...
And getting colder. Supposed to be below zero overnight.
Hope you can just stay in the next couple of days until the deep freeze snaps. Stay safe and warm.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Snow and high winds here today- the Buffalo game was postponed until Monday due to the horrible snow predictions of 2 feet, don't want people driving in that. Hope we don't get that kind of snow here and I don't lose power.
And you stay safe and warm too. I'm guessing some of that snow is lake-effect? I'm in the area that gets lake-effect snow off of Lake Michigan, that's what is falling right now, but not expecting anything like that.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Shoveled about 6-7 inches earlier today, in 10-15 minute increments. The house I'm renting sits on a corner, I didn't think about the fact that that doubled the amount of sidewalk I had to keep shoveled when i signed the lease. But I guess it was worth it just because it has a big kitchen. Snow still falling...
And getting colder. Supposed to be below zero overnight.
Hope you can just stay in the next couple of days until the deep freeze snaps. Stay safe and warm.
I am glad that wasn't here after yesterdays wet snow I don't 6-7 inches of strength left. I am lucky we don't have sidewalk here, the 90 foot of drive is plenty. Love a big kitchen, all kitchens should be big country style.
I could sure do without this below zero stuff.
Thank you and hope stay warm too my friend :)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
82967bdff4f58384147d27c3e406e0a2.jpg

I found this for @SnapDragon NY
Dragon Metal Tin Sign 5 Signs I'M Probably A Dragon Funny Poster Bathroom Cafe Living Room Kitchen Home Art Wall Decoration Plaque Gift

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My original plans, as of about a week ago, were to go out tonight and see a blues band playing down the street. But I didn't feel like going out in this cold. So I think instead I'm going to curl up on the couch with my cats and a good book. Though one of my cats doesn't seem to like me reading, he's always butting his head against the book, trying to push it out of my hands.

Good night, my friends. :wave:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a dream
-MLK

Tomorrow is the holiday. Hope everybody will have the day off to celebrate the life of the man that I believe did more to raise our national consciousness than any other hero, though I wonder if he would have succeeded so greatly if he'd not been assassinated. That's why it made me nauseous to see how Antifa (co-opting the name BLM, and it really was NOT BLM) tried to destroy the legacy of Dr. King with their vandalism and thuggery in 2020.

Nosotros Venceremos / We shall Overcome (soca loco version)
Dr. Locos Rockin' Jalapeno Band

Most beautiful version I've ever heard of this very old song of solidarity in struggle. This is the only recording of it I can find on YouTube, and it's a shame the end is cut off. The full length CD is "Movimiento Music".

Last edited:

VU Sponsors