Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good evenin Family :wave:
Finally got all Jeans tests done now all she hasta do is the pre-surgery physical:bliss:
I wonder where Kad is, didn't notice him post here today:(
I hope the day has been good to everyone;)

May be an image of 1 person

Remembering Melanie - Remembering Woodstock.
‘It Was Magical!’ Says Singer-Songwriter Melanie
"For a year afterward, every time I sang 'Candles in the Rain,' the song I wrote about Woodstock, people would start lighting candles"
I HAD NEVER performed in front of so many people in my life. I was just thrown into it, and I had my first out-of-body experience. I was terrified, I had to leave. I started walking across that bridge to the stage, and I just left my body, going to a side, higher view. I watched myself walk onto the stage, sit down and sing a couple of lines. And when I felt it was safe, I came back.
It started to rain right before I went on. Ravi Shankar had just finished up his performance, and the announcer said that if you lit candles, it would help to keep the rain away. By the time I finished my set, the whole hillside was a mass of little flickering lights. I guess that’s one of the reasons I came back to my body.
For a year afterward, every time I sang “Candles in the Rain,” the song I wrote about Woodstock, people would start lighting candles. It became so connected with my concerts that my shows were getting banned because fire departments wouldn’t approve them. In fact, they wouldn’t let me do concerts in New Jersey for several years because they said I constituted a music festival, and they didn’t allow festivals in that state.
If you hear people talking about Woodstock today and you weren’t there, it must be like listening to old war stories. It was an amazing experience to be there, to be in that time and live through that group of people who were acknowledging each other, as if we were all in one family. Woodstock was an affirmation that we were part of each other, that there was more to life than doing what your mother and father told you and that certainly we shouldn’t have been involved in the Vietnam War.
A version of this story was originally published in the August 24th, 1989 print edition of Rolling Stone.
Melanie performs at the Woodstock Music Festival in Bethel, New York. © ELLIOTT LANDY/THE IMAGE WORKS
Check out Elliotts great photography at https://www.elliottlandy.com

May be an image of 1 person and guitar

Remembering Warren Zevon who would have celebrated his 77th birthday today
😔
♥️

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Now take notices all you men ;) :teehee:
Look at the BIG SMILES and HUGS one rose 🌹 does for your lady
It's that simple ;) :) :bliss:

A flower is a bit of love, a bouquet a big hug, a dozen roses a passionate kiss. I still remember the first bouquet I received from a boyfriend. Before that my dad got me a corsage for my piano recital every year. Once I left home I always sent my mom flowers for her birthday. Beautiful, colorful, fragrant symbols of love and life.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My good thing for today is that all Jean has to do yet is her pre-surgery physical and that's a quicker one and not across the river.
Not a whole of good in my good thing but it could be worse

Compared to some of your days lately, that sounds like a very good thing.

A little change of spelling here, a broken link and a happy dance:

"Jimi Jimi Koko Bop"

om/watch?v=5mLjZRAXRRA

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmm, I think they know each other.... I dunno though
What do you think :question:
Yeah, I don't think most people would have the nerve to just walk up to some random person in a store and start dancing, I know I wouldn't. You just never know how people would respond, it might put a smile on someone's face, but it would be just as likely (maybe more so in this day and age) that they would slap you, run away, call security or the police, maybe even shoot you.

On the other hand it reminds me a bit of a great scene in Patch Adams.

Patch Adams is a truly wonderful movie if you have never seen it. Based on a real life doctor who actually understands what being a doctor is supposed to be all about.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I don't think most people would have the nerve to just walk up to some random person in a store and start dancing, I know I wouldn't. You just never know how people would respond, it might put a smile on someone's face, but it would be just as likely (maybe more so in this day and age) that they would slap you, run away, call security or the police, maybe even shoot you.

On the other hand it reminds me a bit of a great scene in Patch Adams.

Patch Adams is a truly wonderful movie if you have never seen it. Based on a real life doctor who actually understands what being a doctor is supposed to be all about.

Another of his movies like that was "Awakenings", based on Oliver Sacks memoir of the same name, about working with patients suffering from various forms of biologically based mental illness. The book (I'd read it before I found out there was a movie of it) conveys Sacks' great compassion, and Robin Williams represented that fully with his performance.

RW was such a wonder, and I don't believe he hanged himself.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Red House - Jimi Hendrix

Revelry at House of Ma Tomá
-Juan Boria

This Puerto Rican genre is known as "majestad negra". This explains better than I could do quickly:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It looks staged, but it's cute. Actually if a stranger came to me in a store and tried to dance with me I would get away from him fast. I once had my wallet stolen by someone who distracted me in way similar to that.
I understand this! This happened twice, once with my mom, second with me. Both times it happened at Walmarts. Mom and I were standing in line to check out. I saw them coming, three women started to crowd mom, I step behind her and back them off, it was scary. The same thing happened with me. I pushed one woman back and thankfully the rest backed off. I don't know what I would've done if it had gone the opposite way, I guess I would've put on my dancing shoes and fought. I've taken on two males and female before, I lost, but I gave it my all !

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
A flower is a bit of love, a bouquet a big hug, a dozen roses a passionate kiss. I still remember the first bouquet I received from a boyfriend. Before that my dad got me a corsage for my piano recital every year. Once I left home I always sent my mom flowers for her birthday. Beautiful, colorful, fragrant symbols of love and life.
That was so very wonderful your dad did this for you. I'd cherish each one, as I'm sure you did. Not once did my dad ever do anything like that. He did give my brothers ex wife a rose on valentines, lol. Lol, she made sure I knew about it!!
A simple gesture goes so such a long way. I used to buy at least one rose every week to two weeks to give to my guy. I stopped cause he didn't do it for me. Was it selfish for me to stop, IDK.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I used to buy at least one rose every week to two weeks to give to my guy. I stopped cause he didn't do it for me. Was it selfish for me to stop, IDK.

I don't know how he reacted when you gave him a rose, but I would say his basic message, by not participating, was that he didn't care to have that tradition between you. We all are different, and as they say, men are from Mars, women are from Venus. In the end I can't really answer your question. But you deserved roses, I know you did.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No words.... :inlove:

My first thought was the placement of the gift, not a good way. If that man tried to back up and tripped on the unseen crutches he could have fallen backward and have broken his back.

Otherwise, just beautiful. As many acts of kindness as we can manage are what will save this world. Even to all of these known terrorists flooding through our open southern border, I'm convinced that if we show them love, care and kindness while they are supposed to be waiting for that activation call, many of them will say "I think I'll just disappear into the populace, go gray, learn this language and these people and their customs, and enjoy a better life than I dreamed of.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My good thing for the day is I finally moved the big shipping box away from the designated placement wall, cleaned up the dust bunnies, and assembled my new little bar cart:

Bar cart Jan 2024.jpg

The universe doesn't allow me to take pics that aren't blurry. This is what it's supposed to look like:

Bar cart meas.JPG

And now I have to eat a donut. Because it's cheat day, and I worked hard finally getting that little project done, except I have to break down the big box and get it to the recycling bin.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
and assembled my new little bar cart:
Your bar cart is so cute, looks great- assembling things I have been getting from Amazon, some are not so easy to do,lol. Sometimes it takes 2 people to help or would be a big help if I could find an extra person,lol!
This garden bench was not easy to put together alone, and then move it to my garden, but hey I had to get it done!

20230720_155431.jpg

VU Sponsors