Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good mornin Family :wave:
Well 4 days to go, countin today, really gettin tense here:facepalm:

I hoped it would ease your stress to have our next listening party tomorrow nite, as we planned, and being a Saturday Kad can participate too. Don't forget to make room for a nap tomorrow so you can play. Then you have Sunday to get ready.

I hope Jean will be okay. Still praying for inspiration for the surgeon, and the best day he ever had in the OR.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I related with those two videos in so many ways. But, the second, oh boy, it touched the ol' heartstrings when his best friend was lost out wondering around all alone, it brought tears. Than so happy they found each other. Reminded me of when Duke and Emma went out on their adventure. Without the help of others, I don't know if I would have found them.
Then another time, my brother took Duke, Emma, and Taz ( was brothers doggie) to a park in the country, a few to five miles away from where I live.
I was on my way out to meet up with brother and doggies. When I got a phone call, my heart stop beating for a moment, all the doggies got out of a fenced-in baseball diamond. Bro didn't know there was a hole in the fence and that's how all of them got out.
This is one time I did speed to get there quickly. Arrived, saw bro on the other side of the road, got out and ran over there. Yelling out their names, there I see one it was Emma, then Taz and Duke :bliss: I started crying for being so very HAPPY ! Didn't know if we would have ever seen our doggies ever again.
I have to correct this, it wasn't Taz, It was Trigger. Both Taz and Trigger Looked So Much Like Each Other. But, bro had Trigger after Taz died.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good mornin Family :wave:
Well 4 days to go, countin today, really gettin tense here:facepalm:
I hope the day is bein kind to everyone:)

May be a black-and-white image of 2 people and text that says 'You ou can never have too much music.''You ou can never have too much music.'

e6709ac2f8f4a8f30969eade8aa32e17.jpg
Lots of :hug:and 🙏 for you both. Hope you can be here tomorrow night for some mood lifting music and fun. February 3rd is a great day for a party, many famous and talented people born that day. Warwick Davis (actor), Sean Kingston (R&B singer), Isla Fisher (actress), Melanie Safka (folk singer), Ferdinand Magellan (the famous explorer), Nathan Lane (actor), Norman Rockwell (painter), Isa Chandra Moskowitz (chef), Dave Davies (Kinks guitarist), Felix Mendelssohn (composer), Gillian Ayres (painter), Robert Earl Jones (actor, father of James Earl Jones), James Michener (author), Morgan Fairchild (actress), Darren Purchese (chef), Laurence Tolhurst (The Cure drummer), Dennis Edwards (Temptations lead singer), Maura Tierney (actress), Sidney Lanier (poet) all celebrate birthdays on the 3rd of February.

I'm probably forgetting someone, but whoever it is must not be very important.:teehee:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lots of :hug:and 🙏 for you both. Hope you can be here tomorrow night for some mood lifting music and fun. February 3rd is a great day for a party, many famous and talented people born that day. Warwick Davis (actor), Sean Kingston (R&B singer), Isla Fisher (actress), Melanie Safka (folk singer), Ferdinand Magellan (the famous explorer), Nathan Lane (actor), Norman Rockwell (painter), Isa Chandra Moskowitz (chef), Dave Davies (Kinks guitarist), Felix Mendelssohn (composer), Gillian Ayres (painter), Robert Earl Jones (actor, father of James Earl Jones), James Michener (author), Morgan Fairchild (actress), Darren Purchese (chef), Laurence Tolhurst (The Cure drummer), Dennis Edwards (Temptations lead singer), Maura Tierney (actress), Sidney Lanier (poet) all celebrate birthdays on the 3rd of February.

I'm probably forgetting someone, but whoever it is must not be very important.:teehee:

Wow, you know about Isa Chandra? I used to haunt her site The Post Punk Kitchen when I tried to stay vegan for a couple of years. I don't think I've ever known one other person who knew about her.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow, you know about Isa Chandra? I used to haunt her site The Post Punk Kitchen when I tried to stay vegan for a couple of years. I don't think I've ever known one other person who knew about her.
No, I just looked for various categories of people with a Feb 3 birthday, including chefs. It does look like she has received acclaim from various groups though, including Tasting Table and Food & Wine magazine. So I would think she would be fairly well known in vegan circles.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Download in progress, the whole CD.
Gonzalez cites some interesting influences for his music. From an interview he did on Vice:

His influences are widespread: he cites French pop icon Francoise Hardy as his favorite singer (“La Question is just so perfect, I wanted that kind of beauty”) and Miles Davis’ Kind of Blue as having a great impact (“It’s the midnight sound I wanted”) before admitting to having gone through a metal phase: “I feel like I’ve been into every style and I still listen to every style. It seems like people are surprised about that, because they hear Cigarettes and they think, ‘You must only listen to The Cocteau Twins and Joy Division!’” laughs Gonzalez. “No, it’s just that I’m choosing to present these songs in that kind of manner, but to get that, and to make it three-dimensional, you’re bringing all these different things to it. I’m not using all those colors in this music, but it’s definitely all there—all the cheesy pop music I love is all in there for sure.”

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gonzalez cites some interesting influences for his music. From an interview he did on Vice:

His influences are widespread: he cites French pop icon Francoise Hardy as his favorite singer (“La Question is just so perfect, I wanted that kind of beauty”) and Miles Davis’ Kind of Blue as having a great impact (“It’s the midnight sound I wanted”) before admitting to having gone through a metal phase: “I feel like I’ve been into every style and I still listen to every style. It seems like people are surprised about that, because they hear Cigarettes and they think, ‘You must only listen to The Cocteau Twins and Joy Division!’” laughs Gonzalez. “No, it’s just that I’m choosing to present these songs in that kind of manner, but to get that, and to make it three-dimensional, you’re bringing all these different things to it. I’m not using all those colors in this music, but it’s definitely all there—all the cheesy pop music I love is all in there for sure.”

Why do people always want to strangle a musician with a buttonhole.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Why do people always want to strangle a musician with a buttonhole.
I guess I read that more as the musician defining his own music, rather than as someone else buttonholing him. But the fact is that it is human nature to attempt to categorize and define things, we assign books to genres, art to artistic styles, food to cultures, etc. I'm not sure that saying a singer's music fits a particular style or genre is a bad thing (especially when they themselves say "This is how I am choosing to present my music") as long as nobody starts telling them "You are a rapper, don't try to sing country" or "You are a pop singer, don't try to switch to metal." That would be strangling the artist.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I guess I read that more as the musician defining his own music, rather than as someone else buttonholing him. But the fact is that it is human nature to attempt to categorize and define things, we assign books to genres, art to artistic styles, food to cultures, etc. I'm not sure that saying a singer's music fits a particular style or genre is a bad thing (especially when they themselves say "This is how I am choosing to present my music") as long as nobody starts telling them "You are a rapper, don't try to sing country" or "You are a pop singer, don't try to switch to metal." That would be strangling the artist.

I mean, when he said "they hear Cigarettes and they think, ‘You must only listen to The Cocteau Twins and Joy Division!’” laughs Gonzalez."

That why I HATE, with a passion, music reviewers. They have so much power to highlight an artist or group's talents, specialties, strong points, and they can mention influences they hear, but they'll say something like that and maybe 7 of 10 potential listeners of the artist/group will drop off, never to consider them again.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Innocent Lover - Jyra

A lover's question
-James Baldwin

A heart rending piece from American writer James Baldwin (1924-1987) who had the misfortune of being both black and gay at a time when tolerance in this country was for white hetero. He ended up moving to France, like many American black artists, to finish out his life. There he met David Lynx and Pierre Van Dormael, who convinced him to record some of his poetry, pointing to the success of others, like Langston Hughes, Bob Dorough and Jack Kerouac.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hear ye, hear ye! 'Tis a birthday celebration for @SirKadly. Pass through the portal to a magic land where 'tis always sunny and green. In the shady castle garden, a table is prepared for you with good food and wine, where friends @Jimi, @2WhiteWolves, @SnapDragon NY, @gopher_byrd, @Bliss Doubt and the Ninja wait to celebrate this joyous occasion with you.

Knights party portal 3.95.jpg

Your guest list:

Knights invitation list compl.jpg

Wolf w birthday cake (1).jpghappy-birthday-cat-cake-surprise-fsn4v7ia0z2uc8bk.gif
.................................................................................................WE GUARDS YER CAKE....................

A song for a music lover's birthday:

You have cards to open, birthday wishes to receive:

Jimi Snoopy Kad card 1.jpg
Wolfie desert knight card.jpg
Goph Kad bday card framed.jpg
Snapdragon bday card Kad framed.jpgKad birthday card 2.jpg
Ninja card birthday.jpg

Continue now to the refreshments area in part II.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors