Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mmm, having my second 16 oz. cup of coffee. A friend recommended Lavazza, but for a long time I didn't see any of that brand that was organic, and the non-organic was about 30 percent higher in price than the same weight package of an organic brand.

Then I found it, Lavazza "Tierra", organic, and only one dollar more than the Whole Foods brand organic. Gawd, friend was right.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mmm, having my second 16 oz. cup of coffee. A friend recommended Lavazza, but for a long time I didn't see any of that brand that was organic, and the non-organic was about 30 percent higher in price than the same weight package of an organic brand.

Then I found it, Lavazza "Tierra", organic, and only one dollar more than the Whole Foods brand organic. Gawd, friend was right.
I don't think I've ever seen their coffee in my stores, apart from the pods. I'll have to look more closely. Just checked on their website, I would have to say they really don't seem that expensive in relationship to most quality brands. 12oz for $12 isn't crazy. Better prices on whole bean, 2.2lbs for $22, but then you need a good grinder which takes up space and has to be cleaned. And a cheap blade grinder doesn't work well for your brewing methods.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't think I've ever seen their coffee in my stores, apart from the pods. I'll have to look more closely. Just checked on their website, I would have to say they really don't seem that expensive in relationship to most quality brands. 12oz for $12 isn't crazy. Better prices on whole bean, 2.2lbs for $22, but then you need a good grinder which takes up space and has to be cleaned. And a cheap blade grinder doesn't work well for your brewing methods.

Well I wouldn't pay the 12.00 for 12 oz, but the comparison I made isn't quite precise, but close.

I paid 9.36 for the 10.5 oz package of Lavazza ground. That compares to previous organic varieties I've bought since I started making my own teabag coffees:

8.99 for 12 oz Whole Foods 365
8.79 for 12 oz Nica's at HEB

Looking on Amazon just now I see you can get six of the 10.5 oz packages ground Lavazza organic "Tierra" for 46.36, which comes down to 7.73 per package. I may do that, and see if it stays fresh long enough to use it up. I would think, left sealed, it would.

I saw a 24 oz package of ground organic, 365 brand with a different label than the other 365, 13.98. That's pretty good, but I don't know what "Vienna roast" means. I don't like dark roasts. They taste burnt. I guess it's for me to find out what vienna roast means.

But 37 cents more for 2.5 oz less than the Whole Foods or the Nica's brand, seems close enough, to keep having the Lavazza, if the price holds.

And if you look at the price of the Folgers singles coffee bags I used to use, you can see the organic ground coffee is positively a BARGAIN. Those teabag single serve coffees are up to 5.49 for total net weight 3 oz. (19 servings). I never paid attention before.

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My good thing for today is being here with everybody!:bliss:

That and turning 35;)

Imagine that, I only have to turn 35 twice more before my son catches up with me, and four more times till my daughter does.😄

I'm enjoying the good thing of today Kad, your 35th 😂

But if you can excuse me for a little while, my bottom is getting numb from sitting in this desk chair, so I'm taking a little break. I'll be back soon.

Can't believe it's already after 5. Hope our other playmates will be gathering soon.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I wouldn't pay the 12.00 for 12 oz, but the comparison I made isn't quite precise, but close.

I paid 9.36 for the 10.5 oz package of Lavazza ground. That compares to previous organic varieties I've bought since I started making my own teabag coffees:

8.99 for 12 oz Whole Foods 365
8.79 for 12 oz Nica's at HEB

Looking on Amazon just now I see you can get six of the 10.5 oz packages ground Lavazza organic "Tierra" for 46.36, which comes down to 7.73 per package. I may do that, and see if it stays fresh long enough to use it up. I would think, left sealed, it would.

I saw a 24 oz package of ground organic, 365 brand with a different label than the other 365, 13.98. That's pretty good, but I don't know what "Vienna roast" means. I don't like dark roasts. They taste burnt. I guess it's for me to find out what vienna roast means.

But 37 cents more for 2.5 oz less than the Whole Foods or the Nica's brand, seems close enough, to keep having the Lavazza, if the price holds.

And if you look at the price of the Folgers singles coffee bags I used to use, you can see the organic ground coffee is positively a BARGAIN. Those teabag single serve coffees are up to 5.49 for total net weight 3 oz. (19 servings). I never paid attention before.
And KCups are even worse. Last comparison I saw was a few years back, but the average price of KCups back then worked out to something in the area of $50 per pound of coffee.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Found this online.
Preheat the oven to 400°F, and line either a medium to large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Bake the zucchini pizza bites for 8 minutes and then broil them for an additional 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.

Also saw a version that said brush the zucchini with olive oil, put in oven for 5 minutes at 375, then top the zucchini and put back in oven for another 10 minutes. Can't find that one again though.
I am pretty sure it's 400 degrees and about 10 to 12 min. and yes I used parchment paper too

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And KCups are even worse. Last comparison I saw was a few years back, but the average price of KCups back then worked out to something in the area of $50 per pound of coffee.
A friend of mine's wife buys high dollar coffee, not organic but just high dollar, for special occasions, like week days, she thinks nothing of spendin 120.00 a pound and it doesn't taste that good IMO :crazy:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow did I miss a lot, had to help Jean take a shower. I have to get in with her and hold her hose and drain bag so it doesn't tear her stitches out. then she wanted somethin to eat and is on a special soft diet so I made her a bowl of mashed taders.
We missed you too Jimi, but glad all is stable at home for upcoming surgery.

And you're here now.

💕:hearts:❤️

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I was a kid my parents had to hide the can of coffee cause I would get up in the middle of the night and eat 2/3 of the coffee in the can :crazy:

Are you kidding? You ate ground coffee? And you didn't blast off and fly away?

Well it does taste good. They make those chocolate covered espresso beans, and they're delicious. A couple of those are a great mid afternoon pick-me-up.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are you kidding? You ate ground coffee? And you didn't blast off and fly away?

Well it does taste good. They make those chocolate covered espresso beans, and they're delicious. A couple of those are a great mid afternoon pick-me-up.
Yup I have a VERY STRANGE life story (that's why I am so odd) that someday I will share but just with family. I used to be bouncin off the walls as a kid.

It sure does, I love all coffee and mocha flavored candies, can't have em anymore though.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What that worked off the word of
No match. It was to follow "I wanna dance with somebody", but then "Whenever I call you friend" posted like a ninja. Mine was "dance of the mocassins". Would have matched the Whitney Houston, no match to the Stevie Nicks.

It's okay though. I'm not sitting in the corner crying. When Ninja is playing, it means enough people are playing to give Ninja the power.

VU Sponsors