Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
KAD'S VU BIRTHDAY PARTY, PART TWO

An epic party needs an epic cake

Kad cake.JPG

A party needs balloons, and this one needs fireworks.

1704540987595.gif

Champagne and spirits were provided by 2WhiteWolves manor.

Champagne.gife694a737fe0377cd67cc50266dcf224c.gif

Fresh dragonfruit and soft drinks are from the estate of Lady Snapdragon.

Snaprefresh2.JPG

A feast for all day party munching:

Jimi's zucchini pizza bites and succulent stuffed mushrooms:

Jimi appetizers.JPG

From our discerning pit master Gopher_byrd, mouth watering meatz:

Goph pitmaster werks.JPG

Mixed appetizers and guacamole by Bliss

BD appetizers.JPG

There's never enough music, is there?

Snap hired DJ Grandmaster Scratch. He has started the music, and guests are arriving, so let the festivities commence.

1704540793043.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAD!

Last edited:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In the shady castle garden, a table is prepared for you with good food and wine, where friends @Jimi, @2WhiteWolves, @SnapDragon NY, @gopher_byrd, @Bliss Doubt and the Ninja wait to celebrate this joyous occasion with you.
Thank you everyone! :inlove:The cards were wonderful, the food looks wonderful.😍
Zucchini pizza bites? That sounds fantastic, I need to get some jalapeños today, so I might as well pick up a zucchini at the same time. Guess @Jimi will need to tell me how to cook 'em.

Think it's still a bit early for the :vino:, so for now I'll just have :coffee:, though maybe more like this.:coffee2:

Thank you all soo verry much!!! You are all so wonderful!!!🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you everyone! :inlove:The cards were wonderful, the food looks wonderful.😍
Zucchini pizza bites? That sounds fantastic, I need to get some jalapeños today, so I might as well pick up a zucchini at the same time. Guess @Jimi will need to tell me how to cook 'em.

Think it's still a bit early for the :vino:, so for now I'll just have :coffee:, though maybe more like this.:coffee2:

Glad to tell you how to make them my friend, I just slice zuc 1/4 inch thick and put on oiled parchment paper then top with what ever you like, I like hot pepper on mine just like a regular pizza, they do make a wonderful snack.
And Happy Birthday again my Friend :)

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Glad to tell you how to make them my friend, I just slice zuc 1/4 inch thick and put on oiled parchment paper then top with what ever you like, I like hot pepper on mine just like a regular pizza, they do make a wonderful snack.
And Happy Birthday again my Friend :)

Bake how long at what degrees? I tried to copy yours a while back and I ended up with zucchini chips, like potato chips, way shrunk. But they were delicious anyway. I just didn't know what oven temp to use.

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Good morning birthday boy. Hope it's the happiest one ever, and many more to follow.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
c1b7f72dda16233ce5c8fca03df52fda.gif

..:)...............................................................

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bake how long at what degrees? I tried to copy yours a while back and I ended up with zucchini chips, like potato chips, way shrunk. But they were delicious anyway. I just didn't know what oven temp to use.
Yup it was an amateur attempt at a recipe :facepalm: I never think of those things
I think it was 400 degrees for not too long, maybe 10 to 12 min. maybe

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yup it was an amateur attempt at a recipe :facepalm: I never think of those things
I think it was 400 degrees for not too long, maybe 10 to 12 min. maybe
Found this online.
Preheat the oven to 400°F, and line either a medium to large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Bake the zucchini pizza bites for 8 minutes and then broil them for an additional 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.

Also saw a version that said brush the zucchini with olive oil, put in oven for 5 minutes at 375, then top the zucchini and put back in oven for another 10 minutes. Can't find that one again though.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Amazing formations at the start, and then the surprising change of styles. Interesting!
Numerous better recordings exist. My favorite is the Concept Album version with Murray Head playing the American (given the name Freddy Trumper when it finally reached the stage, but the original plan was for the American and the Russian to remain nameless)

This was the only actual staged version I could find on YouTube, I didn't care for the singing but I had it in my head that I was going to post an actual stage performance so I ran with it.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A Night To Remember - beabadoobee , Laufey

Watching dance is both relaxing and exciting, and it's bittersweet. I had my time on the football dance team in high school, not exactly ballet or any kind of really skilled dance, but it required discipline, practice, stretching and challenging yourself. Never before or after that in my life have I felt that sense of physical freedom and being at home in my body. It felt almost like I could fly. Nowadays I get a little bit of that by doing the zumba-type things for exercise.

@2WhiteWolves posted this the other day. That ballerina in the story is just, well... 😿

om/watch?v=WbsDPbr8qoM

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Watching dance is both relaxing and exciting, and it's bittersweet. I had my time on the football dance team in high school, not exactly ballet or any kind of really skilled dance, but it required discipline, practice, stretching and challenging yourself. Never before or after that in my life have I felt that sense of physical freedom and being at home in my body. It felt almost like I could fly. Nowadays I get a little bit of that by doing the zumba-type things for exercise.

@2WhiteWolves posted this the other day. That ballerina in the story is just, well... 😿

om/watch?v=WbsDPbr8qoM
I loved the ending of the video. She showed them what she had and those snobbish girls were left speechless 🙊

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

om/watch?v=WbsDPbr8qoM
I love Shinedown. And yes, it's sad, but at the same time she had the courage to go off in pursuit of her dream. Not always easy to do. I'm too much of a people pleaser. By my junior year in high school I had made my mind up that I was going to attend Northwestern because they had an excellent theater program (planned major) combined with a good computer science program (I thought maybe a double major, maybe minor).

I got the highest SAT scores in my class, won a National Merit Scholarship, and my dad wanted me to go to a top tier school (not that Northwestern is a slouch but he didn't think theater was a way to make a living, and in the 80s most people hadn't fully realized how in demand a comp-sci degree could be) so he pushed me to apply to University of Chicago. (A couple Ivy League schools were on the list also, Brown actually sent me a letter asking me to apply rather than the other way around.)

By the way, this isn't to brag about how smart I am, I'm actually quite stupid, as you will see in a second. I went to U of C because that's what my dad wanted, I was miserable, and rather than telling him that, I created an excuse to be able to drop out. I got my girlfriend pregnant. Real smart move for someone who's supposed to be smart, right? But it was easier to disappoint him that way than to just say "No, this isn't what I want to do."

Anyway, all this reminds me of a Harry Chapin song:

You say you should have been a ballerina, babe
There are songs I should have sung
But I guess our dreams have come and gone
You gotta dream when you are young

om/watch?v=znsyWUDnDlY

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Budapest Scottish Dance Club
Love the dancing, I could never do something like that though. Nobody wants to see me in a kilt. :teehee:
There is something about the group style dancing though I really enjoy watching. The patterns, the moving from one partner to another, I just wonder why the USA's version never evolved into something so beautiful. We need a caller to tell us when to allemande, when to sashay, when to do-si-do. Hmmm, those are the only terms I remember from elementary school gym class. I wonder if they still teach square dancing in school.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I love Shinedown. And yes, it's sad, but at the same time she had the courage to go off in pursuit of her dream. Not always easy to do. I'm too much of a people pleaser. By my junior year in high school I had made my mind up that I was going to attend Northwestern because they had an excellent theater program (planned major) combined with a good computer science program (I thought maybe a double major, maybe minor).

I got the highest SAT scores in my class, won a National Merit Scholarship, and my dad wanted me to go to a top tier school (not that Northwestern is a slouch but he didn't think theater was a way to make a living, and in the 80s most people hadn't fully realized how in demand a comp-sci degree could be) so he pushed me to apply to University of Chicago. (A couple Ivy League schools were on the list also, Brown actually sent me a letter asking me to apply rather than the other way around.)

By the way, this isn't to brag about how smart I am, I'm actually quite stupid, as you will see in a second. I went to U of C because that's what my dad wanted, I was miserable, and rather than telling him that, I created an excuse to be able to drop out. I got my girlfriend pregnant. Real smart move for someone who's supposed to be smart, right? But it was easier to disappoint him that way than to just say "No, this isn't what I want to do."

Anyway, all this reminds me of a Harry Chapin song:

You say you should have been a ballerina, babe
There are songs I should have sung
But I guess our dreams have come and gone
You gotta dream when you are young

om/watch?v=znsyWUDnDlY

The only thing the "laugh" vote is for, is getting your girlfriend pregnant to have an excuse to drop out of college. OMG. Well, somebody else had the last laugh I guess.

But I can tell Kad, you are otherwise a very smart person with a keen intellect, discernment and compassion. Young people do ridiculous things because when you are young, time goes on and on forever, a road in front of you that has no end.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hatefuck
-Pussy Riot

I remember when PR was jailed in Russia for sedition, and the name was all over the news. It was like these goody-two-shoes reports had a license to SAY THE WORD, so you heard it all day, on CNN, NPR, everywhere, pussy riot pussy riot pussy riot. Then one day the dumbass at my old office said "whut is pussy riot?" So I had a field day with him. I was mean, I was cruel, "look it up, listen to some news on any TV or radio station, anywhere, any time, and you'll find out. You can't miss it. You can't avoid it.

VU Sponsors