Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Last night I was able to take these pics with kitties (had to take the pics quickly, so not to good of pics)
View attachment 212761
View attachment 212762
View attachment 212764
The reasoning is because, when bro, Nephew and mom were here, bro said kitties never go up there.
So, being a good sister, I had to say FACE to my bro :teehee: that was the good for yesterday :teehee:

The one with Tangee, it is between two cabinets in kitchen. Put it up so kitties could get to the other cabinet.

Nephew hadn't been here for a while and first time seeing all the shelves, the screen doors and such. He tell his dad, see this is what we need to do for CeeCee (was previously named by me Tickle). Dad just shock his head NO and being such a good sister....I said, yup it would keep CeeCee happy. He just kept on shaking his NO :teehee:

I'm thinking only someone who would install permanent carpentry to create an indoor cat superhighway would understand another person who would do it.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@SnapDragon NY So far the only response I have gotten is from DPLongo, who I have occasionally seen here on VU as well. I don't think this is the drip tip you were looking for, but I'll let you decide if you want this one, he sent me this pic, asked if it was what I was looking for. He said no charge other than shipping cost. If you want it, since he does come here, I could just PM him and ask him to contact you here. Or I can make the arrangements with him myself. Either way works. If you don't want it, I'll just let him know that.

1707609795653.png

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I Wanna Rock - Twisted Sister

I played this album on a boombox ALL DAY on the last day of HS...well, also Queensrÿche.
Careful you are giving away your age.:eek: I wasn't even in High School when this came out.:p
OK, I might have been blasting it on my last day of 8th grade, so I guess I'm not too far behind you.

Also...
:wave:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Careful you are giving away your age.:eek: I wasn't even in High School when this came out.:p
OK, I might have been blasting it on my last day of 8th grade, so I guess I'm not too far behind you.

Also...
:wave:
Class of 1985 is Legendary...
This, was the true anthem...

Now, I'm in a 55+ building and cannot...utilize...my 680W Yamaha A/V amp nor the 300W Audiovox/Jensen 3-way bass-ported speakers it used to be hooked to....but I have headphones...and a vintage SB Audigy X-Fi sound card....screw Realtek onboard sound all to HELL....

Still have my 1995 Altec Lansing 2.1 system hooked up now as well...it can shake the floor...

eddie-rockin.gif

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think my favorite Toby Keith song is still "As Good As I Once Was" Boy do some of those words ring true especially after 50.

Now my body says, "You can't do this boy"
But my pride says, "Oh, yes you can"
Well, I lost over 25 lbs, trying to be more moderate in general, and now am back to my 1990s weight. I carried two big bags and a 5lb sack of potatoes in a messenger bag in groceries home from the bus...

The more I see ppl with walkers and just shuffling along...half dead already....the more I refuse to end up like that. Last time we a had a legit fire alarm here..like 12 ppl out of 34 apartments ended up downstairs...NO Sir..

Never too late unless yer dead. ;)

Last edited:

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I lost over 25 lbs, trying to be more moderate in general, and now am back to my 1990s weight. I carried two big bags and a 5lb sack of potatoes in a messenger bag in groceries home from the bus...

The more I see ppl with walkers and just shuffling along...half dead already....the more I refuse to end up like that. Last time we a had a legit fire alarm here..like 12 ppl out of 34 apartments ended up downstairs...NO Sir..

True, but a couple years ago, some young punk (early 20's, I guess I was 47, 48 at the time) who always bragged about how good he was at everything was going on about how he could beat anybody in a one mile race without even training up for it. My body said "You can't do it" but my pride said "I used to run 3 mile races in high school, this punk is gonna sprint and wear himself out, I remember how to pace myself properly, he'll collapse first, I can beat him easy peasy, and someone needs to bring him down a peg." At which point my mouth said "Bet.":crazy:

Ummm, yeah, my body knew what it was talking about, I was totally winded and barely able to move faster than a walking pace before I hit the 3/4 mile mark, and he was already crossing the finish line. And of course my pride said "OK, maybe he beat you but even though he won you still have to prove to him you can finish the race." My body protested severely the following day.:teehee:

On the other hand, a couple months back I decided to start trying to eat healthier. Not specifically trying to lose weight (though I could stand to drop a pound or 20.) I figured changing habits is hard so I just started with a fairly small thing, start cooking real food instead of microwaving things or using frozen foods. No other changes to my diet really, didn't cut anything out. For example, I'll still eat a pizza anytime I want, just won't eat a frozen one. I'll try to buy the least processed versions of things I use, so no jarred pizza sauce now, make my own from tomato paste.

I've dropped about an inch off my waistline since November, even with all the junk I ate between Thanksgiving and the New Year. Just from eating real food instead of the highly processed premade stuff. Of course I plan to keep eliminating unhealthy things from my diet, but even that small change is making me lose weight without really trying.

Don't have a scale, never weigh myself, so I can only judge it right now by the fact that, until I put my belt on each, I look like one of those danged youngsters with their pants hanging off their ass, whereas four months ago the same jeans were, I'll just say a bit snug.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
True, but a couple years ago, some young punk (early 20's, I guess I was 47, 48 at the time) who always bragged about how good he was at everything was going on about how he could beat anybody in a one mile race without even training up for it. My body said "You can't do it" but my pride said "I used to run 3 mile races in high school, this punk is gonna sprint and wear himself out, I remember how to pace myself properly, he'll collapse first, I can beat him easy peasy, and someone needs to bring him down a peg." At which point my mouth said "Bet.":crazy:

Ummm, yeah, my body knew what it was talking about, I was totally winded and barely able to move faster than a walking pace before I hit the 3/4 mile mark, and he was already crossing the finish line. And of course my pride said "OK, maybe he beat you but even though he won you still have to prove to him you can finish the race." My body protested severely the following day.:teehee:

On the other hand, a couple months back I decided to start trying to eat healthier. Not specifically trying to lose weight (though I could stand to drop a pound or 20.) I figured changing habits is hard so I just started with a fairly small thing, start cooking real food instead of microwaving things or using frozen foods. No other changes to my diet really, didn't cut anything out. For example, I'll still eat a pizza anytime I want, just won't eat a frozen one. I'll try to buy the least processed versions of things I use, so no jarred pizza sauce now, make my own from tomato paste.

I've dropped about an inch off my waistline since November, even with all the junk I ate between Thanksgiving and the New Year. Just from eating real food instead of the highly processed premade stuff. Of course I plan to keep eliminating unhealthy things from my diet, but even that small change is making me lose weight without really trying.

Don't have a scale, never weigh myself, so I can only judge it right now by the fact that, until I put my belt on each, I look like one of those danged youngsters with their pants hanging off their ass, whereas four months ago the same jeans were, I'll just say a bit snug.
Hell yeah....

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Class of 1985 is Legendary...
This, was the true anthem...

Now, I'm in a 55+ building and cannot...utilize...my 680W Yamaha A/V amp nor the 300W Audiovox/Jensen 3-way bass-ported speakers it used to be hooked to....but I have headphones...and a vintage SB Audigy X-Fi sound card....screw Realtek onboard sound all to HELL....

Still have my 1995 Altec Lansing 2.1 system hooked up now as well...it can shake the floor...

View attachment 212813
Like A Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
@SnapDragon NY So far the only response I have gotten is from DPLongo, who I have occasionally seen here on VU as well. I don't think this is the drip tip you were looking for, but I'll let you decide if you want this one, he sent me this pic, asked if it was what I was looking for. He said no charge other than shipping cost. If you want it, since he does come here, I could just PM him and ask him to contact you here. Or I can make the arrangements with him myself. Either way works. If you don't want it, I'll just let him know that.

View attachment 212811
Thanks but no thanks, that's not the one. I have some of those tips and they are not the same, plus that is an intergrated tip and I always have trouble with those. Thanks anyways you are so very nice to ask around for me, my search continues.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Some of those names surprise me. My dad loved Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass, I had no idea (until I just looked it up) that he had recorded as much as he has after disbanding the Brass.

Peter Cetera - I once upon a time owned both his self titled album and Solitude/Solitaire. Somehow I always thought that was the end of his career. I guess I just lost track of him when I outgrew my teen-angst soft rock phase and entered into a more mature-angst punk and hard rock phase.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks but no thanks, that's not the one. I have some of those tips and they are not the same, plus that is an intergrated tip and I always have trouble with those. Thanks anyways you are so very nice to ask around for me, my search continues.
Yeah, I kinda knew that wasn't the one you were looking for, but no one else has responded over there. With all of the people posting regularly in their boro mod thread, I thought for sure someone would have bought a few of the SXK BBs. I'm going to leave my wanted add up for awhile anyway just in case.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi my friend- how is Jean doing? How are you doing? Sending hugs , thoughts and prayers to you both.
When does she come home?

:hug:
Hi Snap, she's doin pretty good just depressed about havin the bag. I am doin pretty good just collapsed from bein so tired yesterday, when I came home I thought I'd sit in the recliner for a few before gettin on and that's where I woke this mornin (I almost put a tea on to drink while on the forum but was too tired to get up and put it on, very good thing I didn't), feel so much better today, i think I slept 10 hours. They said she should come home tomorrow :bliss:. Thank you for asking my friend:hug::hug:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Jimi

All of your friends in the Music Thread wanted to give you a Great Big Bear Hug and let you know we are thinking about you and Jean.

big-bear-hugs-gif.212734

View attachment 212789

Thank you my friend, you all really brighten my day, everyday:hug:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Thank you, my feelin's exactly, I am 72 and do an hour and a half of exercises to start my day. As we age some do let things slide, I did till I got my wake up call, please everyone here don't wait for your wake up call do something now so you NEVER get the wake up call, please. ;)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did you say previously that insurance will provide a home care giver for a while after the surgery? I hope that's still true. The care givers are usually so good, very compassionate, skilled, efficient.
No it's just gonna be a visitin nurse to come everyday and check all her dressings and make sure things are goin alright. She'll only be here for about a half hour. I think I can handle it. I am gettin better at cookin and the last nurse that came said I did a better job at installin dressings than she could. 2 of Jeans sisters said they'd help when they could.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gotta love store logic sometimes. Last night made a quick run into the grocery store I usually shop at, they of course had all sorts of Commercial Bowl specials for appetizer/hors d'oeuvre type things.
You know about the Commercial Bowl tonight, right? That thing where they show all these brand new cute and funny commercials for a few hours, with the occasional break in between to show a couple minutes of a football game? :giggle:
Anyway, a week ago the jalapenos I bought were 1.99/lb, regular price. Right now, they are 2.49/lb, sale price.:rolleyes:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gotta love store logic sometimes. Last night made a quick run into the grocery store I usually shop at, they of course had all sorts of Commercial Bowl specials for appetizer/hors d'oeuvre type things.
You know about the Commercial Bowl tonight, right? That thing where they show all these brand new cute and funny commercials for a few hours, with the occasional break in between to show a couple minutes of a football game? :giggle:
Anyway, a week ago the jalapenos I bought were 1.99/lb, regular price. Right now, they are 2.49/lb, sale price.:rolleyes:
It's crazy the way foods are goin up and it will get much worse. IMHO they do this to push things like "Bill Gates fake meats" the lab cultured meats.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's crazy the way foods are goin up and it will get much worse. IMHO they do this to push things like "Bill Gates fake meats" the lab cultured meats.
But in this case I expect them to be back to their normal price following the Stupor Bowl, this is just an excuse to get more money out of people who don't normally buy them, but want to make appetizers for their big party. Many of the other appetizer related items that are supposedly "special" prices have also been more expensive this past week just for that reason. That kind of thing ticks me off.

I also despise the store loyalty card trend. It became a way for stores to jack up their "regular" prices. Back when Kroger first started rolling them out years ago that was super obvious to me. Their boneless skinless chicken breast, which I had specifically gone in for, had suddenly doubled in price, but it was on sale with the loyalty card for the exact amount they had charged a couple weeks earlier as the regular price. SMH that so many people just went along for the ride instead of telling these stores to Fook Off when they started doing that. Now it's just the accepted standard, if you want decent prices you have to get the card, and people who hate them with a passion like myself are forced into it just to avoid overpaying. Because there is almost nowhere left that doesn't do it.

Sorry, I'll get off my :soapbox:

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good mornin Family :wave:
I hope everyone is havin a wonderful Sunday;)

Stevie Nicks, 1965.
May be an image of 1 person and guitar

82 happy birthday wishes Carole King
♥️

May be a black-and-white image of 1 person and smiling
Huh, I was just thinking about Carole King a couple days ago. Can't remember why now, but for some reason an old Carole King album that my mom used to listen to had come to mind. Now it'll be bugging me all day trying to remember why.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
But in this case I expect them to be back to their normal price following the Stupor Bowl, this is just an excuse to get more money out of people who don't normally buy them, but want to make appetizers for their big party. Many of the other appetizer related items that are supposedly "special" prices have also been more expensive this past week just for that reason. That kind of thing ticks me off.

I also despise the store loyalty card trend. It became a way for stores to jack up their "regular" prices. Back when Kroger first started rolling them out years ago that was super obvious to me. Their boneless skinless chicken breast, which I had specifically gone in for, had suddenly doubled in price, but it was on sale with the loyalty card for the exact amount they had charged a couple weeks earlier as the regular price. SMH that so many people just went along for the ride instead of telling these stores to Fook Off when they started doing that. Now it's just the accepted standard, if you want decent prices you have to get the card, and people who hate them with a passion like myself are forced into it just to avoid overpaying. Because there is almost nowhere left that doesn't do it.

Sorry, I'll get off my :soapbox:
Yes it's purely a greed thing but what isn't now a days.

VU Sponsors