Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This is oh so Very disappointing :(
So yesterday, :( I did not have scrambled eggs, baked potatoe or homemade fries with the chezzzz dip drizzling all over the oh so yummy food :cry:

However, Today, my tummy, waistline, and the rest of the body said THAN YOU
And, this would be a good thing for this day ;):):teehee:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have had it with this bloody slow website, which tonight is barely working at all. I had to try about 17 times to get on, posted a song, it never posted (will probably post later when it is no longer a word match, like last night), and then it timed out and flipped over to the Cloudflare page. It happened in three different browsers I tried to use. ALL VU has to do is GET RID OF CLOUDFLARE.

Then I tried a bunch more times to get back on, and every time it said "Loading..." forever and ever, and then what loaded was the Cloudflare page, which says:

Web server is returning an unknown error

There is an unknown connection issue between Cloudflare and the origin web server. As a result, the web page can not be displayed.

If you are a visitor of this website:
Please try again in a few minutes.

If you are the owner of this website:
There is an issue between Cloudflare's cache and your origin web server. Cloudflare monitors for these errors and automatically investigates the cause. To help support the investigation, you can pull the corresponding error log from your web server and submit it our support team. Please include the Ray ID (which is at the bottom of this error page). Additional troubleshooting resources.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 855a5565aacc1454 • Your IP: Click to reveal • Performance & security by Cloudflare

NO MORE. I am not coming back to play this game until VU fixes it, and I will report this in the bugs thread. I will continue in the private conversation I'm involved in, and that is ALL.

Ask yourself if any other site you visit behaves this way. Ask yourself if things like Amazon and Craigslist could stay in business if they had Cloudflare disrupting their service.

No more.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have had it with this bloody slow website, which tonight is barely working at all. I had to try about 17 times to get on, posted a song, it never posted (will probably post later when it is no longer a word match, like last night), and then it timed out and flipped over to the Cloudflare page. It happened in three different browsers I tried to use. ALL VU has to do is GET RID OF CLOUDFLARE.

Then I tried a bunch more times to get back on, and every time it said "Loading..." forever and ever, and then what loaded was the Cloudflare page, which says:

There is an unknown connection issue between Cloudflare and the origin web server. As a result, the web page can not be displayed.

There is an issue between Cloudflare's cache and your origin web server. Cloudflare monitors for these errors and automatically investigates the cause. To help support the investigation, you can pull the corresponding error log from your web server and submit it our support team. Please include the Ray ID (which is at the bottom of this error page). Additional troubleshooting resources.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 855a5565aacc1454 • Your IP: Click to reveal • Performance & security by Cloudflare

NO MORE. I am not coming back to play this game until VU fixes it, and I will report this in the bugs thread. I will continue in the private conversation I'm involved in, and that is ALL.

Ask yourself if any other site you visit behaves this way. Ask yourself if things like Amazon and Craigslist could stay in business if they had Cloudflare disrupting their service.

No more.
I always run a scan before coming here it does seem to help, helps with everything ;)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

No more.
Yes they do need to get rid of Cloudflare
Sad thing is nobody can do anything about it until Joe does.
It won't be the same without you my friend:(
I get mad at it too when it's that way which IS pretty much all the time
I bet others have left or quit postin too, really a shame, I can remember when this once was a very busy place.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
da9bf54f293e34f813c5205bb26fb9a2.jpg

..:)................................................................

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I always run a scan before coming here it does seem to help, helps with everything ;)

Jimi, my browsers are set to clear cache when I exit. I do computer clean up every night before logging out. My antivirus program runs continuously. I have no trouble with any other websites. I cannot think of anything but to blame VU's use of Cloudflare, or VU's server's mismanagement of the Cloudflare feature. I don't know, but it isn't me, isn't my computer. It is Cloudflare.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I apologize to you guys for my tantrum the other day. The appropriate place for that would have been the "Report Bugs" thread, which I have done now, though I doubt anything will get done about it.

But I have decided it's no reason for me to miss my friends, that I will play when the site is working, and just log out when it isn't.

Happy Friday to all.

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is oh so Very disappointing :(
So yesterday, :( I did not have scrambled eggs, baked potatoe or homemade fries with the chezzzz dip drizzling all over the oh so yummy food :cry:

However, Today, my tummy, waistline, and the rest of the body said THAN YOU
And, this would be a good thing for this day ;):):teehee:

Hi Wolfie. Glad you survived "Fat Tuesday" with your waistline where you want it.

I believe there may be some long forgotten but not shaken biological imperative to "Fat Tuesday". There is something like it wherever there is a carnival tradition. Brazil has it at the end of their carnival season, but they call it something else. Uruguay has it, there called "Pancake Day". Cuba has it, but may have taken it from the Spanish, or the Taino who already inhabited the island may have had something like carnival. Many first nations of this hemisphere already had something like it. Puerto Rico has carnival in Ponce. Spain has "Jueves Lardero" (fat Thursday) right before the fasting season of Lent. In France they have annual carnival in various cities. In Italy they celebrate "Carnevale". All of it takes place right before the Lenten fasting time.

The restaurants here in San Antonio have "Party Gras" the same week as New Orleans Mardi Gras, but we have our Fiesta later in the spring, the earliest rites of which originated with the Mexican culture that was here already when the Europeans arrived, no matter what the history over-writers want to make of them. That includes the "Battle of Flowers", which refers to the early spring flowers competing to please the gods. Carnival in Nice, France also has a "Battle of Flowers" day. New Orleans' Mardi Gras itself is really a misnomer. The celebration would be better described as "carnival" culminating Fat Tuesday, or "Mardi Gras", the last hurrah before Lent. In all instances of this global tradition, more elements have been piled on over the years.

Some who would try to look past the religious significance placed on Fat Tuesday (the religious overlay having really a very short time in the vast stretch of history) see it as a slaughter day, when we were are coming out of the lean times of winter. We would clean out what remained of our winter stores of foods and feast like mad, in anticipation and celebration of the coming re-greening of the land, birds laying eggs again, bunnies hopping around the hillsides, tender shoots popping out of the ground, fruit appearing again in the landscape.

This week I found myself fighting the urge to say "hell with eating plans, to hell with moderation" and it did leave me feeling uncomfortable, wondering why I would stray from the habits that leave me feeling in control, satisfied, never deprived. What sense of deprivation would make me have an extra cheat day on Fat Tuesday when our lives are no longer governed by seasons, by nature, by the availability of food?

Anyway, I'm glad you survived the "chezzz sauce" and would love to have the recipe. I made you a mashed potato cake to put your chezzz sauce on next time. It has some chicken on top to dip in the sauce too.

Mashed potato cake.JPG

VU Sponsors