Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pretty Fly For A White Guy- The Offspring

Cherry Pink & Apple Blossom White, a 1950 song written by Louiguy (Louis Guglielmi) who earlier wrote La Vie en Rose for Edith Piaf.

But this is the best, best, best version ever ever ever with the infusion of Cuban rhythm by Cuarteto Patria backing Manu Dibango. I could listen to it over and over again, and it sounds in my heart when the trees burst forth in summer, not cherry and apple trees, but the crape myrtles and mountain laurels, filling the landscape with beauty.

Coming soon, very soon, but this pic doesn't have the white ones, which look like frothy party or wedding decor.

1708513248892.png

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How's my dear friends Snap and Bliss doin today?

Thank you Jimi, I'm doing great, working my tail off all day at my job, while trying to give this place a deep clean. It has to go into a second day now. I may get in trouble with this down the line, but my bedroom has a southern exposure, so it's an air conditioner eater. With spring and summer coming, I decided to paint the glass window panes in there, just that one room, with dark blue glass paint, the kind people use for DIY stained glass. I got half of it done. It looks pretty interesting actually, but it will be behind the blinds anyway.

And how are you today?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you Jimi, I'm doing great, working my tail off all day at my job, while trying to give this place a deep clean. It has to go into a second day now. I may get in trouble with this down the line, but my bedroom has a southern exposure, so it's an air conditioner eater. With spring and summer coming, I decided to paint the glass window panes in there, just that one room, with dark blue glass paint, the kind people use for DIY stained glass. I got half of it done. It looks pretty interesting actually, but it will be behind the blinds anyway.

And how are you today?
Sorry the nurses came and then had to go to stores.

Hmmm dark blue glass would look cool on a southern exposure window, hope it helps control the heat.

I am hangin in there, just so tired anymore, thank you for askin my friend :hug:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hope the paint helps.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Jelly Roll recently visited an Indiana Juvenile Detention Center to talk to the inmates about his past, etc. The news reporting on this visit, from pretty much every outlet that a saw, used the phrase "Country Music star Jelly Roll..." and for some reason that really pissed me off. Yes, his rise to prominence is partly fueled by country hits, but prior to that he had songs on Rock/Alternative stations, and for many years prior to that was making rap/hip-hop music. To me it seems like they just ignored over a decade of his music. Am I the only one that thinks calling him a "Country Music Star" is insulting to him?

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Jelly Roll recently visited an Indiana Juvenile Detention Center to talk to the inmates about his past, etc. The news reporting on this visit, from pretty much every outlet that a saw, used the phrase "Country Music star Jelly Roll..." and for some reason that really pissed me off. Yes, his rise to prominence is partly fueled by country hits, but prior to that he had songs on Rock/Alternative stations, and for many years prior to that was making rap/hip-hop music. To me it seems like they just ignored over a decade of his music. Am I the only one that thinks calling him a "Country Music Star" is insulting to him?

Ignorant reductionism is a plague to many artists in all genres, and some artists defy slotting into one genre. Probably none of the reporters were very familiar with his music.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Probably none of the reporters were very familiar with his music.
I'll admit if it hadn't been for two of his songs ("Dead Man Walking" and "Need A Favor") being on the rock station I listen to, I wouldn't know anything about him myself. But I liked those songs, watched a video for one of them, and the first thing I noticed was that his tats looked like prison ink to me, so I looked into his life.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
b6a0d9ab6d5c6ea1e1d4bc5bdb9167bd.gif

..:)...................................................................

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh my :eek: I have not posted any good thing since Saturday!
This may take a bit of remembering, lol.

Start with Sunday..... This one is simple :) I slept in.

Monday....Ah cool another simple one.....Surprised mom and took her out for lunch :)

Tuesday....a little tougher hmm, oh oh oh I know...
This is very important listen closely, Tried new type of litter, I like it, haha did I make you listen :teehee:

Wednesday....:) Surprised mom again with going out for lunch :bliss: she was so surprised and so good to see her smile and be happy :inlove:Oh, and also washed and cleaned my vehicle inside, you'll understand in a second...

Thursday...oh ha ha this would be todays good thing. I have had a mouse problem in my vehicle. A mouse or maybe two set up camp and had babies grrrrr. Today, actually since Sunday, as of today, still no mice :bliss: and vehicle is sanitized !!! So very good to have a nice clean sanitized vehicle :bliss: and looking good on the outside too !! :)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors