Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
May be an image of text that says 'TARS Music is a heartbeat that never stops, beauty that never fades, a friend that's always there when you u one, a lover that never leaves.'

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My brain must not be functioning this morning, I can only figure out five of these bands. Anyone know all 9?
Here are the ones I got, but don't peek until after you come up with your own list. I do have a source for the answers but I'm trying to avoid looking until I give up.

Alice In Chains, Matchbox 20, Smashing Pumpkins Soundgarden, Radiohead
I considered the possibility that one of them is Nine Inch Nails, but if so it isn't obvious to me that the nails are nine inches so not really sure on that one.
1716991641555.png

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My brain must not be functioning this morning, I can only figure out five of these bands. Anyone know all 9?
Here are the ones I got, but don't peek until after you come up with your own list. I do have a source for the answers but I'm trying to avoid looking until I give up.

I considered the possibility that one of them is Nine Inch Nails, but if so it isn't obvious to me that the nails are nine inches so not really sure on that one.
View attachment 215471
Ok, Got ... Sound Garden, Nine Inch Nails, Matchbox 20, Smashing Pumpkins, Hole, Alice N Chains, um Screaming Trees :question:
Don't know the 8th and 9th.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:question::question::question::question::question:
Is that a real band? I considered it but never heard of a band with that name.
Huh, according to Google, it is. And you got one I didn't know, somehow not familiar with the band even though I've certainly heard of the lead singer, Courtney Love. I'm still not sold on NiN based on the picture, but that was my first guess.
I suppose that means I'm up to 8 of the 9 now.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Huh, according to Google, it is. And you got one I didn't know, somehow not familiar with the band even though I've certainly heard of the lead singer, Courtney Love. I'm still not sold on NiN based on the picture, but that was my first guess.
I suppose that means I'm up to 8 of the 9 now.
YEY ! Good guessing lol, didn't know it was a band either. Pretty sure it's NIN has to be, right, yup yup yup has to be, lol. So what is the 9th one, hmmmmm.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would have never guessed those were pearls, they look like grapes. I was also confused by the jar, which looks more like a beer mug to me, it even has a handle on it. But yep, that's probably supposed to be pearls in jam, so I'll go with it.

The one you are missing seemed clear to me, but I'll give you a hint

"I don't care if it hurts
I wanna have control
I want a perfect body
I want a perfect soul
I want you to notice
When I'm not around
You're so f***in' special
I wish I was special"

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I would have never guessed those were pearls, they look like grapes. I was also confused by the jar, which looks more like a beer mug to me, it even has a handle on it. But yep, that's probably supposed to be pearls in jam, so I'll go with it.

The one you are missing seemed clear to me, but I'll give you a hint

"I don't care if it hurts
I wanna have control
I want a perfect body
I want a perfect soul
I want you to notice
When I'm not around
You're so f***in' special
I wish I was special"
Yeah, I was guessing on the all of it with the Jam Pearl's and Toast, lol. And yup either a beer mug or coffee mug, lol.
Ohhhhhh dang it ! I knew it and forgot to put it down :facepalm: :xD: RADIOHEAD.......LOL LOL

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oohhh my, the good for the day issssss......In the bathroom on the cabinet shelf was sitting a glass bear full of cotton balls. I was cleaning out the kitties toilet, all the sudden I heard a CRASH behind me. I knew exactly what it was, yup, the glass bear and Tigglee looking down from the top of the cabinet. The good thing is he was OK, but I didn't know how to get him down without leaving to go get a step ladder. There was glass everywhere!!! Tangee in the hallway and Tigglee up there, i was in a pickle. So, lol, i just stood there for a minute trying to figure out what to do. Thankfully, Tigglee jumped down onto the sink cabinet and I caught him while he was jumping down onto the floor, lol, he was shocked I caught him in mid-air, somehow with Tigglee in one arm, I grabbed Tangee, took them to living room, shut the hallway door and proceeded to clean up the BIG mess. PHEW !!! NO KITTIES were harmed :)
Oh, and other good thing is.... I actually have another glass bear in other bathroom, of course, it staying in there ! Kitties are only in there while being supervised, lol. And, it's clear at the top of a shelf where they cannot jump up on to it.

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

All I got without peeking were these:

Alice in Chains

Radiohead

Screaming Trees

Nine Inch Nails

Smashing Pumpkins

Hole

I should have gotten Pearl Jam, who named themselves after one of the member's Aunt Pearl's homemade jam. That's what they said anyway, back in the day, but I couldn't really tell what that was in the drawing.

I wouldn't have gotten Sound Garden. I kept trying to think of a name with "grave" in it. I came up with Coffin Break, but it didn't really fit the drawing. Sound Garden named themselves after a place in Seattle that had wind chimes or something like that, designed to have sounds in the wind.

VU Sponsors