Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is any able to tell me whyyyyyyy.....I get the munchies around 11pm each night??? :xD:
It started around three weeks ago, never had anything like this before without the influence of alcohol or the other stuff. I mean WTH WHY the HECK is this happening GRRRRR it's driving me bonkers :crazy:
I do have low blood sugar, could this be it? But, if so, why hasn't it started before three weeks ago?
:gaah: :xD: :headbang: :gaah:

I wish I had the definitive answer but I don't. I go through that now and then, but it will stop after a few days. With my intermittent fasting schedule, two meals a day, I get hungry late night and can't go to sleep. I'm sure blood sugar levels play into it. I just give in, eat a few tortilla chips or a couple of crackers with a square of cheese, then I can sleep.

My former sister in law, who never battled weight gain, nor blood sugar issues that I know of, always enjoyed having a piece of buttered toast around 8-9pm, one piece.

A friend of mine who started intermittent fasting for a weight loss goal, found it most difficult at night, so she kept a jar of peanuts and raisins on hand, ate a little bit, she said about a quarter cup, to calm the growling belly, but once she adjusted to the intermittent fasting she was able to stop the late night snacking.

We're all different. Unless you're eating a whole pizza at 11pm, do what you need to stop the growl, to adapt, to have peace.

I really hope that helps.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Family :wave:
Just got through waterin the garden, weather guessers kept sayin rain for a week now and not a drop:( it was like a desert, still have a little to do tonight.
Cut 10 heads of broccoli now, fresh broccoli tastes so good:bliss:
I hope the day is bein kind to everyone:)

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Happiness is a choice, choose it everyday... Good Morning'

May be a doodle of text that says 'One thing that will never get old or Aο out of style Kindness'

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm trying a crazy experiment tonight, I'm making a meatless homemade "Italian sausage" substitute, takes a lot more prep than just buying sausage, but if it tastes OK I'll probably do it again. This is going into a pasta-less lasagna, with thin sliced zucchini acting as the lasagna sheets. More details in the cooking thread once it is all done, but that'll be awhile.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm trying a crazy experiment tonight, I'm making a meatless homemade "Italian sausage" substitute, takes a lot more prep than just buying sausage, but if it tastes OK I'll probably do it again. This is going into a pasta-less lasagna, with thin sliced zucchini acting as the lasagna sheets. More details in the cooking thread once it is all done, but that'll be awhile.
That sounds delicious I'll haveta check it out

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Looking forward to knowing how it goes.

If I can help: I made zucchini lasagna once, and it turned out watery because of the watery zukes. If I did it again I would oil the slices and dry them out for a while in a low oven.

Anyway, do what you do. Looking forward to it.

VU Sponsors