Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am gonna call it a night, didn't get much sleep last night, Jean was up all night worryin about goin under the knife, it's worryin the he#l outta me too but tryin to not let on. Hope I can get her to settle down and get her mind off of it all. Down to 3 days. Ok better go pick up the house, get a snack, and try to get some sleep tonight.:facepalm:
Thank You All :hug: for playin tonight it really helped take the edge off of things for me
Hope to catch everyone tomorrow

13e518993c1fc4f06c0f3bed6f2490ef.jpg

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Why is it, when you're scrolling through music on YouTube, you're offered these random videos of people getting their pimples popped in a dermatology clinic. It's called "acne surgery", and it's barbaric. They stick in a pointed instrument, squeeze, and wipe the pile of pus on their glove. I can only imagine the horrendous scars they're making. It doesn't do anything for the long term. Nothing coming out of your skin can be treated without solving what's in your system causing that. Supplements, hormone balancing, diet, a dozen possible things, but nooooooooooo, let's pop your pimples and make a gruesome close-up video of it.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Why is it, when you're scrolling through music on YouTube, you're offered these random videos of people getting their pimples popped in a dermatology clinic. It's called "acne surgery", and it's barbaric. They stick in a pointed instrument, squeeze, and wipe the pile of pus on their glove. I can only imagine the horrendous scars they're making. It doesn't do anything for the long term. Nothing coming out of your skin can be treated without solving what's in your system causing that. Supplements, hormone balancing, diet, a dozen possible things, but nooooooooooo, let's pop your pimples and make a gruesome close-up video of it.
I've never had one of those videos show up in my feed. I am aware however of a show called "Dr. Pimple Popper" that probably is like those videos. It's on Discovery or one of those related channels, and I always wondered why people would even watch it.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know what to vote. That's insane.
The video or the song? The video is clearly (to me anyway) satirizing video games like "Street Fighter"

The song, well this doesn't totally explain it but in a 2018 interview Talbot, the lead singer for the group, had this to say.
”This song came about when I said the album needed a knife to cut through the macabre timbre of the album's arch; as soon as I mentioned "knife," Bobo [guitarist Mark Bowen] shat the riff out like he knew the album wanted it also. I wanted the song to be an exploration of the horrid corners of my past; the bit I felt shame from. I think of my art as a way of being vulnerable, an exercise in catharsis, and a reflection of my ugliness that can exalt shame. Here it manifested into something beautiful, as all catharsis should be."

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The video or the song? The video is clearly (to me anyway) based on video games like "Street Fighter"

The song, well this doesn't totally explain it but in a 2018 interview Talbot, the lead singer for the group, had this to say.
”This song came about when I said the album needed a knife to cut through the macabre timbre of the album's arch; as soon as I mentioned "knife," Bobo [guitarist Mark Bowen] shat the riff out like he knew the album wanted it also. I wanted the song to be an exploration of the horrid corners of my past; the bit I felt shame from. I think of my art as a way of being vulnerable, an exercise in catharsis, and a reflection of my ugliness that can exalt shame. Here it manifested into something beautiful, as all catharsis should be."

Oh, it's brilliant alright. It's just insane, like the upside down guy kicking the crap out of the other guy and his mechanical parts go flying. It isn't that unusual as music, good though. It's the animation that's wild.

VU Sponsors