Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
And speakin of roses/garden/flowers how are yours doin this year Snap?
Everything is looking great, all almost ready to bloom. No deer and or rabbits nibbling on my garden this year which is a plus, I see daylilies, lol. I just laid 15 bags of mulch, I need at least 5 more. Heavy ,dirty work, but it helps keep the weeds down and looks nice. All this rain will make beautiful flowers this year. I had to put another butterfly bench together a week ago, so now I have 2 in my backyard garden. Nice place to sit and think, it is quiet and private back there.
Switched gears and no veggie garden for me this year, too much work needed in my flower gardens.
How is your veggie garden doing, gotta be tough keeping up with that with all you have going on and hope your tailbone heals soon and Jean will be much better after her new surgery!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Everything is looking great, all almost ready to bloom. No deer and or rabbits nibbling on my garden this year which is a plus, I see daylilies, lol. I just laid 15 bags of mulch, I need at least 5 more. Heavy ,dirty work, but it helps keep the weeds down and looks nice. All this rain will make beautiful flowers this year. I had to put another butterfly bench together a week ago, so now I have 2 in my backyard garden. Nice place to sit and think, it is quiet and private back there.
Switched gears and no veggie garden for me this year, too much work needed in my flower gardens.
How is your veggie garden doing, gotta be tough keeping up with that with all you have going on and hope your tailbone heals soon and Jean will be much better after her new surgery!
I can't wait to see all the beautiful flowers you have every year, so impressive. that will nice havin two butterfly benches, that sounds a wonderful place to get away from it all. Yes veggie gardens are a lot of work but very healthy having your own veggies.
My garden isn't doin too well, couldn't devote the time and work it needed but I'll still get some out of it, my maters are doin great. I'll try to get some pictures soon, thank you for asking my friend :hug:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am gonna call it a night and spend extra time with Jean and see if I can calm her down a little, she has a big day tomorrow so
Good night and thank you all for playin :wave:
I hope to see you all tomorrow at some time;)
Thank You All for you prayers and healing thoughts :hug:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I am gonna call it a night and spend extra time with Jean and see if I can calm her down a little, she has a big day tomorrow so
Good night and thank you all for playin :wave:
I hope to see you all tomorrow at some time;)
Thank You All for you prayers and healing thoughts :hug:
Best wishes and prayers for Jean tomorrow! Have a great night and hope you can comfort Jean and help her thru her fears!

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Today's good thing happened early early in the morning. It was probably around 2am as I was trying to fall asleep, I see out of the corner of my eye a light blinked on then off, it did it again, I looked around thinking it was coming from outside. Got up, looked around inside then outside, couldn't see anything, so back to bed I went. Well, dog gone, there it is again, light on light off, same as before except this time it was in a different spot, then another spot, and another. LOL, it was a firefly flying around lighting up. So silly it was :teehee:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Today's good thing happened early early in the morning. It was probably around 2am as I was trying to fall asleep, I see out of the corner of my eye a light blinked on then off, it did it again, I looked around thinking it was coming from outside. Got up, looked around inside then outside, couldn't see anything, so back to bed I went. Well, dog gone, there it is again, light on light off, same as before except this time it was in a different spot, then another spot, and another. LOL, it was a firefly flying around lighting up. So silly it was :teehee:

That's so funny, space aliens flashing lights and messing with you.

Fireflies bring luck and beauty. People try to attract them to their gardens. They are pollinators (they do that work at night). They feed on garden pests. On the other side of life, they are food for birds.

Lucky you! It's been so long since I last saw a firefly.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's so funny, space aliens flashing lights and messing with you.

Fireflies bring luck and beauty. People try to attract them to their gardens. They are pollinators (they do that work at night). They feed on garden pests. On the other side of life, they are food for birds.

Lucky you! It's been so long since I last saw a firefly.
Lol. It certainly seemed like an alien and freaked me out at first. Unfortunately, I don't know where it went to in order to save it, put it back outside. When I see them in the living room, I will gently catch them and release them outside.
You would really like it here, they are everywhere, every year lighting up, it's like blinking lights on a x Mas tree, it's so beautiful almost like a fairy land of fireflies.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Everybody :wave:
Came home for dinner and to get something soft to sit on, forgot it this mornin and their chairs feel like they are made of concrete. Jean did well through her surgery but her so called doctor said it didn't quite go together right but it might work:rolleyes:. "MIGHT WORK" WTF. She said if it didn't she'd haveta go in again, at this point I blew my top:mad::mad::mad:, prolly said things I shouldn't of but come on:facepalm::facepalm:. I had to get out of there before I got in trouble, tryin to cool off now:mad::mad::mad: How much more are they gonna put my poor wife through:cry:.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Everybody :wave:
Came home for dinner and to get something soft to sit on, forgot it this mornin and their chairs feel like they are made of concrete. Jean did well through her surgery but her so called doctor said it didn't quite go together right but it might work:rolleyes:. "MIGHT WORK" WTF. She said if it didn't she'd haveta go in again, at this point I blew my top:mad::mad::mad:, prolly said things I shouldn't of but come on:facepalm::facepalm:. I had to get out of there before I got in trouble, tryin to cool off now:mad::mad::mad: How much more are they gonna put my poor wife through:cry:.

Jimi I'm so sorry. I don't understand fully. It sounds like they did the repair and are not sure of it. I won't ask for details. You've both been through enough, but I think you can hold onto a faith this doctor doesn't have. It might work = IT WILL WORK. Hang onto that.

1718227888595.png

VU Sponsors