Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
RIP singer-songwriter Mark James, who passed away on June 8th. His songwriting credits include songs recorded by various well known artists including Elvis Presley's "Suspicious Minds," Brenda Lee's "Sunday Sunrise," Blood Sweat and Tears "Roller Coaster," Willie Nelson's "Always On My Mind" and Blue Swede's "Hooked on a Feeling."

Note that for some of the songs I mentioned I went with the most famous version, not the first recorded version. "Always On My Mind" for example was first recorded as a b-side song by Presley, 10 years before Nelson's version became a hit.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
3a4d2e48a541c8c014dda5d85de7ffea.gif

..:).....................................................................:)...............

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This morning, I was getting ready to fill some capsules with Ginger. It's all on a tv tray and I sit on the couch to do this. Have napkins spread out over the tv tray, with capsule making gadget, a plastic container filled with empty capsules, a smaller plastic container to put the caps (top of capsules) in, my water in a good plastic bottle (cause I know kitties like to knock things over), and the empty vitamin container to put the filled capsules in. Phew, that took a bit, lol.
Anyway, I was getting ready to proceed into getting the capsules into the gadget to fill them. Tigglee had other plans for me. He jumps on to the tv tray, he starts to bite and scratch on my water bottle, then goes after the vitamin container, and then both other containers, I successfully held on to water bottle and the rest, but the capsule gadget did take a tumble. I was surprised it was the only thing that took a tumble, cause I was cracking up laughing watching him trying to bite and scratch at all the other things, such a Mayhem Tigglee is :teehee:
And oh....my vape mods were safe, phew!!! They were down by me, so no fear of them getting knock over unto the floor :) (smart thinking :teehee: )

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Drinking Beer With Dad...by Kid Rock

(And, nope. Never had a beer, whiskey, wine, no alcohol ever with dad. Lol, never thought of this till I saw this tune :huh: )

Me neither. Dad drank with his friends at their frequent parties, along with guitar pickin' and poker playin', but he encouraged us kids not to drink, and always stood as the stalwart "responsible adult" when we did, at holidays mainly. At Thanksgiving and Christmas my aunt gave us all the stuff the adults had, wine, bloody marys, daiquiris, mai tais, eggnog with whiskey. She was proud of her bartender skills. One time I got so drunk I climbed on my uncle's lap and tried to make out with him. Dad sat me down with a pot of coffee and said "drink this, all of it, and if you don't you'll spend the rest of the day in the car".

😾

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Family :wave:
They said Jean can come home today just waitin for comformation so I came home to see if power came back on yet, bad electrical storm last night, so gonna head back in a bit to see if they turn her lose, honestly I think another day or two in the hospital but SS and the ins. think not, she still looks worse than last time.:facepalm:. Ok gonna head back up there, just wanted to say hi to all my wonderful friends here.:hug:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
They said Jean can come home today just waitin for comformation so I came home to see if power came back on yet, bad electrical storm last night, so gonna head back in a bit to see if they turn her lose, honestly I think another day or two in the hospital but SS and the ins. think not, she still looks worse than last time.:facepalm:. Ok gonna head back up there, just wanted to say hi to all my wonderful friends here.:hug:
Praying that Jean does sooooo much better after this surgery and this is the last she needs. 🙏

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Jimi, I hope all goes OK bringing Jean home, especially with no power and she just had a major surgery, what's the rush, if you feel she needs a few more days, so be it!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Drinking Beer With Dad...by Kid Rock
(And, nope. Never had a beer, whiskey, wine, no alcohol ever with dad. Lol, never thought of this till I saw this tune :huh: )
I've had drinks with my parents as well as my grandparents on my mom's side. Grandpa loved his Bud. When He passed while I was still in the USAF and wore my dress blues for the funeral. He was a WW1 vet and they played taps at the National Cemetery while I stood at attention and saluted him. After the funeral and back at Grandma and Grandpa's house we all sat down and toasted him with Buds.

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

They are playing with Jean's life. Surgery, being opened up and cut on, has a hard physical impact, like a car wreck or a stabbing. You'll have to keep her immobile when you get her home, give her those additional days she should have had in a hospital bed, make up for lost time. Sponge baths are much easier than getting her into the tub.

I guess you're back to being chief cook, nurse and bottle washer. I hope they agreed to give you a home care giver for at least a few hours a day.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Jimi, I hope all goes OK bringing Jean home, especially with no power and she just had a major surgery, what's the rush, if you feel she needs a few more days, so be it!

Jean is lucky they don't drop her out of a hospital window. I watch this kind of funny but informative YouTube channel, William Mount. Just a couple of days ago he told the story of calling a doctor about a health problem he was having. He pretended to be a doctor himself, looking for advice about a patient. The doctor he spoke to said "don't do anything, just let him die".

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes I wanted her to stay a couple more days, she felt it would be best too BUT the medicare and insurance companies didn't see it that way, greedy ******

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They are playing with Jean's life. Surgery, being opened up and cut on, has a hard physical impact, like a car wreck or a stabbing. You'll have to keep her immobile when you get her home, give her those additional days she should have had in a hospital bed, make up for lost time. Sponge baths are much easier than getting her into the tub.

I guess you're back to being chief cook, nurse and bottle washer. I hope they agreed to give you a home care giver for at least a few hours a day.
Yes I am gonna keep her down for several days if I can. I like the sponge bath idea but they gave her a bathtub chair to use when she takes a bath. I still think the sponge bath would be much easier on her.

Yes I have to man the chuckwagon again so I might not be on as much as I was last week. Hopefully this is the last dance at that party.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Jean is lucky they don't drop her out of a hospital window. I watch this kind of funny but informative YouTube channel, William Mount. Just a couple of days ago he told the story of calling a doctor about a health problem he was having. He pretended to be a doctor himself, looking for advice about a patient. The doctor he spoke to said "don't do anything, just let him die".
That doctor must have a lot of kin folk here cause that's just the attitude we pick up, not only with Jeans doctors but especially mine too, mine will have a party when I die, I am always calling them out on things that they have no fesible answer for

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yes I am gonna keep her down for several days if I can. I like the sponge bath idea but they gave her a bathtub chair to use when she takes a bath. I still think the sponge bath would be much easier on her.

Yes I have to man the chuckwagon again so I might not be on as much as I was last week. Hopefully this is the last dance at that party.
Do what you gotta do my friend. We'll be here waiting for you and praying for you.

VU Sponsors