Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
May be an image of text

May be a doodle of 1 person, heart and text

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm choked up. All of these songs seem to be about my dad. I don't want to give the impression I was a daddy's girl. I was more of a mama's girl, trying to stay off Dad's radar, but even though I can't say I was ever really close to Dad, I was always able to recognize important things about him, like his real love for my brothers and me, his integrity, his generosity, a sparkle in his eyes when he looked at us during moments of peace around the dinner table, or around the Christmas tree. Even though he was a strict, overbearing authoritarian, whenever I was really troubled or hurt or in need, he softened and became gentle, concerned, truly present for me, and would do anything he could to help.

😿😿😿

I hope everybody is enjoying being with their fathers today, or having good memories of the ones that are gone.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of Johnny and June, I thought this was a cool story when I heard about it. Back in April a family named their newborn son Johnny Cash Davis. On the same day in the same hospital another couple named their newborn daughter June Carter Clark. These two families had no connection with each other, pure coincidence.

Here is one of the news stories about it.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Song of Ishmael
-Little Jack Melody

To me this is a sad song. Ishmael is the subject of the story of his birth to Abraham by the concubine Hagar, in Abraham's old age. As if Hagar ever had a choice in the matter... There are many stories in both the Jewish and Islamic traditions, of Ishmael's achievements after he grew up in the wilderness when he and his mother were exiled by Abraham and Sarah.

If the sail could name the wind
If the world were not so wide
If the ocean finally fell asleep
And the moon could hold his bride
If sailors came ashore
Would the seas forget to roar?
Would there be a wave to swell?
Would Mary lend an ear?
Would Jesus shed a tear
In the name of Ishmael?

If the wanderer could touch the sun
If the magic left the pole
If the star refused to name the north
And the sinner loved his soul
If gypsy hearts could heal
Would the wagon lose the wheel?
Would a heaven be a hell?
Would Mary lend an ear?
Would Jesus shed a tear
In the name of Ishmael?

If a man could ever know the clouds
If the eagle's nest were found
If the sun would smile upon the wing
When magicians left the ground
If dreamers felt at home
Would there be a sky to roam?
Would there be a tale to tell?
Would Mary lend an ear?
Would Jesus shed a tear
In the name of Ishmael?

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It was really good but could of been better if I didn't haveta use package spice mix. You once told me how to make my own but never told how much of each item and the big dummy forgot to ask

Jimmy you're no dummy.

I feel like the spices for cauli taco meat are different than the usual things. The usual things when making meat taco filling: garlic, onion, cumin, drained Rotels, optional chopped jalapeno, salt and red pepper flakes, optional finish with fresh chopped cilantro. Neither chile powder nor paprika would be traditional additions to taco meat, but that brassica flavor in cauliflower needs ways to disguise, at least to a degree, so when I was doing that experimentation I ended up using some chile powder and smoked paprika in the final recipe I liked best.

But I don't think I'll ever experiment with it anymore. As I mentioned back then, people weren't at all fooled. People who like cauliflower liked it, but people who don't like cauliflower didn't like it.

My next experiment is to make quinoa into taco meat.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OK, so I should mention that a few decades ago a restaurant opened up in this area and became a hit, which over time turned into a regional chain. This is a Mexican restaurant known for their wet burritos and margaritas. I don't know if the wet burrito is actually an authentic Mexican dish or not, but it is one of my guilty pleasures. The original location for this chain is literally within walking distance of where I live, so it takes tremendous willpower not to eat the rather fattening and unhealthy food as often as I would like.

Anyway, I said all that just to show you the ad they posted with a message that said "World's greatest farter…I mean father. Happy Father’s Day Hacienda-loving dads. We hope you let loose today!"

1718578306100.png

😸😸😸😸😸

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OK, so I should mention that a few decades ago a restaurant opened up in this area and became a hit, which over time turned into a regional chain. This is a Mexican restaurant known for their wet burritos and margaritas. I don't know if the wet burrito is actually an authentic Mexican dish or not, but it is one of my guilty pleasures. The original location for this chain is literally within walking distance of where I live, so it takes tremendous willpower not to eat the rather fattening and unhealthy food as often as I would like.

Anyway, I said all that just to show you the ad they posted with a message that said "World's greatest farter…I mean father. Happy Father’s Day Hacienda-loving dads. We hope you let loose today!"

View attachment 215871

😸😸😸😸😸

There are variations of that wet burrito around these days. It's like an enchilada, but using a flour instead of corn tortilla. I don't remember that as a kid or until very recent times, but if you like it, you eat it. Traditions don't have to be bound in chains.

I don't care for it because the flour tortilla gets so soggy, but that one pictured looks good with all that cheese. Can't tell if it's using meat chili or beans, or both.

Happy farters day!

VU Sponsors