Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good evenin Family :wave:
Busy day today had to get stuff for Jeans new diet they have her on plus some personal items for her, figured while I was out to go ahead and get some groceries for myself while I was out.;)
The day went by so fast.
I hope everyone is well and havin a wonderful time:)

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'JIMI HENDRIX ΗΕΥπO NEFREE 80 - ኮ FREE'

"Hey Joe"
Was written by a singer named Billy Roberts,
Who was part of the Greenwich Village folk scene in the early '60's.
Billy Roberts copyrighted this song in 1962, but never released it.
The slow version that inspired Hendrix to record this came from a folk singer named Tim Rose, who played it in a slow arrangement on his 1967 debut album and issued it as a single late in 1966.
Some accounts credit the slower version of the song by the British band The Creation as being the inspiration for Hendrix's version;
Chandler and Hendrix saw them perform the song after Jimi arrived in the UK, although The Creation's version was not released until after Hendrix's.
It is unclear if the members of The Creation had heard Tim Rose's version.
Released in December 1966, Hendrix's version became a hit in the United Kingdom, entering the Top 10 of the UK Singles Chart in January 1967 and peaking at #6.
The single was released in the United States on May 1, 1967 with the B-side "51st Anniversary" but failed to chart.
"Hey Joe", as recorded by The Jimi Hendrix Experience, remains the best known version of the song and is listed as No. 201 on Rolling Stone magazine's The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.

"Jimi Hendrix"

Remembering "this original " singer-songwriter Harry Nilsson who would have celebrated his 83rd birthday today
😔
♥️
. My favorite song Everybody's Talkin.
May be a black-and-white image of 1 person, suit and text

Today we remember a pioneer in country music Waylon Jennings on his heavenly birthday ♥️
May be an image of 1 person and guitar

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A heartfelt happy Fathers Day to the vapin' dads on the forum.

Hello up there in heaven, Dad. You believed it was where you would go, and I hope it's true, with angels all around you, playing guitar. Maybe you got to meet your favorite player Andrés Segovia.

I wish I'd known about vaping when my Dad's health was destroyed by emphysema.

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A heartfelt happy Fathers Day to the vapin' dads on the forum.

Hello up there in heaven, Dad. You believed it was where you would go, and I hope it's true, with angels all around you, playing guitar. Maybe you got to meet your favorite player Andrés Segovia.

I wish I'd known about vaping when my Dad's health was destroyed by emphysema.
Thank You my Friend:hug:

VU Sponsors