Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Okies, I was just on the Word game and saw
View attachment 215950
Sooooo I wanted to share my hungering for doughnuts with EVERYONE :teehee:
ENJOY :) 🤪 :tldr:
I'm not completely sure if I should eat a donut.
Maybe I better consult my decision making flow chart.

1718907856961.png

That settles it, time to eat a donut, the chart is never wrong.:giggle:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wonder where @Bliss Doubt has been, didn't see her yesterday either I don't think, hope everything is ok
I don't think she has been on since Sunday night. Hoping it's just a matter of her being busy.

Aw thanks guys. Sorry I worried you.

Been working like a slave, but I dare not complain. I still feel the trauma of 2020 when nobody did anything except figure out how to get around the lockdown rules and have some fun, and go broke without work to do.

Glad to have a little time today to play on the music thread.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Aw thanks guys. Sorry I worried you.

Been working like a slave, but I dare not complain. I still feel the trauma of 2020 when nobody did anything except figure out how to get around the lockdown rules and have some fun, and go broke without work to do.

Glad to have a little time today to play on the music thread.
Tis better to be working hard than hardly working...

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Family
Had to run Jean to her so called doctor, I was changin her bandages and seen the staples were startin to give (tear outta her body) so put a quick patch on her and went to see the butcher that did it.
Now maybe it's me but she has a 3 inch opening that they TRIED to close up with 4 staples. When I first seen it I thought to myself hmmm what shotty work, bet that don't last long. I took a picture and I'll put it on sometime maybe, she has gaps where the staples have pulled out that are big enough to put a pencil in. So the so called doctor , instead of puttin new in removed the 4 staples, I haven't seen it yet they didn't like what I had to say so they asked me to leave. :mad:

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm sorry you're both having such a hard time Jimi. I had opinions that the things they told you to do were wrong so soon after surgery. I don't know why they didn't do old fashioned stitches, but nothing I can say will help when done is done, and my opinions won't help for what's already done.

May it all be better soon. Granny healer sez stop the daily walks for now. If they removed the staples and left the wound open, keep it bound with the edges matched as precisely as possible, check it often, and keep her immobile until the sides of the opening heal shut. Keeping the edges matched will mean applying the surgical tape on one side of the cut, pulling it shut across while gently holding the wound edges matched, then doing the same from the other direction. That will leave slim gaps where you can see the wound edges stay matched.

All of that is just common sense, what you would do in a wilderness where you couldn't get medical attention. I just don't see how any of this advice can be wrong, especially having Jean stay still so it can heal. Those daily walks mean she could trip, fall, and cause bad damage. Best to just take time to stay still and heal.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Goodnight Bliss, sorry I vanished, VU has been slower than shite for me this evening and I just got fed up trying to make a post earlier and left.

Gosh Kad, I don't think anybody ever has to apologize for disappearing. Only a very few people are continuously active on the forum when logged in, and log out when they want to be inactive for a while. The rest of us play in between working, cleaning house, feeding pets, cooking food, etc.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm sorry you're both having such a hard time Jimi. I had opinions that the things they told you to do were wrong so soon after surgery. I don't know why they didn't do old fashioned stitches, but nothing I can say will help when done is done, and my opinions won't help for what's already done.

May it all be better soon. Granny healer sez stop the daily walks for now. If they removed the staples and left the wound open, keep it bound with the edges matched as precisely as possible, check it often, and keep her immobile until the sides of the opening heal shut. Keeping the edges matched will mean applying the surgical tape on one side of the cut, pulling it shut across while gently holding the wound edges matched, then doing the same from the other direction. That will leave slim gaps where you can see the wound edges stay matched.

All of that is just common sense, what you would do in a wilderness where you couldn't get medical attention. I just don't see how any of this advice can be wrong, especially having Jean stay still so it can heal. Those daily walks mean she could trip, fall, and cause bad damage. Best to just take time to stay still and heal.
I sure don't see eye to eye with her doctor at all, Jean is naturally the kinda person who isn't happy unless she is doin something. I am goin to try to get her to at least do shorter walks, she says the hardest is gettin up out of a chair. I keep tellin her to take it easy and heal.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
May be an image of 1 person, baby, smiling and text

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lullaby of the spring

Lullabye for a black child
-Gonzalo Rubalcaba

The YouTuber who posted it translated it as "African Lullabye" and that's wrong. In the Caribbean islands, such as Cuba (Rubalcaba's birthplace) and Puerto Rico, there used to be a stark consciousness of whether your children were black, white or mixed race, though there was no shame in the terms.

Canción de Cuna del Niño Negro

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I sure don't see eye to eye with her doctor at all, Jean is naturally the kinda person who isn't happy unless she is doin something. I am goin to try to get her to at least do shorter walks, she says the hardest is gettin up out of a chair. I keep tellin her to take it easy and heal.

No chair. Bed. She'll have to get up to go potty, and that's enough until that wound starts to heal shut.

I'm sorry. It's really none of my business, but having followed your journey, I have come to care very much. I only know what I would do if a patient with a failed wound closure were in my own care.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Using "At" because for some reason I have had the movie Ladyhawke on my mind, a movie based on an old French story about two lovers cursed by the Bishop of Aquilla to be "always together, eternally apart."

She Was Sad At First - Andrew Powell · The Philharmonia Orchestra

Navarre - "If you can, tell me everything she said. And I'm warning you...I will know if the words are hers."
Phillipe - "She was sad at first. She spoke of the day you met, and she cursed it. But then, I saw her light up as she spoke of how happy you two were, before the bishop's curse, and her eyes glowed. No, she glowed. She loves you more than life captain. She's had to."

VU Sponsors