Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It was a beautiful movie.
For some people Mathew Broderick will always be Ferris Bueller, but for me if I hear his name I think of Phillipe (the Mouse) Gaston. I'm pretty sure Ladyhawke was his second movie, following Wargames but preceding Ferris Bueller.

My 14 or so year old self thought Isabeau was possibly the most beautiful woman alive (well, other than the fact that she was a fictional character in a movie). Movie trailers have sure changed over the years, I watched the original trailer recently and the narration in the trailer is so hokey I don't know how any studio exec could have allowed it to be used.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
c49fc73beda8c040eb73652dd0ecbb0c.jpg

..:).....................................................................:).................

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For some people Mathew Broderick will always be Ferris Bueller, but for me if I hear his name I think of Phillipe (the Mouse) Gaston. I'm pretty sure Ladyhawke was his second movie, following Wargames but preceding Ferris Bueller.

My 14 or so year old self thought Isabeau was possibly the most beautiful woman alive (well, other than the fact that she was a fictional character in a movie). Movie trailers have sure changed over the years, I watched the original trailer recently and the narration in the trailer is so hokey I don't know how any studio exec could have allowed it to be used.

I saw Ladyhawke many years after it was released in theatres, after I got a DVD player and discovered the prices of used DVD's were so low. I think I sold it on Amazon for more than I paid, which occasionally is a huge opportunity. For example, I wanted to see Belizaire the Cajun, but the DVD was selling everywhere for no less than 20.00. Then one day I saw a used one, "like new condition", for 7.97 including shipping from SecondSpin. Loved the movie, shared it with friends, then I sold it for 30.00 on Amazon.

That's off subject I guess.

Have a good Friday at work Kad.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No chair. Bed. She'll have to get up to go potty, and that's enough until that wound starts to heal shut.

I'm sorry. It's really none of my business, but having followed your journey, I have come to care very much. I only know what I would do if a patient with a failed wound closure were in my own care.
If you care then it is your business to say what you think my friend

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Let the picture speak for itself
1000011737.jpg
Tigglee being so silly, he cracked me up this morning. This is the good and funny for my day.
I really thought his head was going to get stuck, but it didn't. No kittie was harmed while taken the pic. He is juch a goofy kitty sticking his head in places it doesn't belong, he is the Mayhem of the kitties :teehee:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wednesday my wife took our car in to get the oil changed and the tires rotated. They told her to come back Friday because their computer system is down. So she takes it back in today and the computers are still down. They decided to do things the old fashioned way, with pen and paper.

It's a national thing with most dealerships hit by the problem.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wednesday my wife took our car in to get the oil changed and the tires rotated. They told her to come back Friday because their computer system is down. So she takes it back in today and the computers are still down. They decided to do things the old fashioned way, with pen and paper.

Oil change and tires rotated, geez. Sometimes it does seem like computer technology has made us helpless and dependent, oblivious to our own brain power and skills.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Who remembers the old hand grinder

50a0c78f4c98c7251359f945cbcb9359.jpg
I remember the very first time ever seeing on of these. An ex friend just killed a deer, and yes, first ever seeing a dead deer hanging getting ready to be skinned and quartered. First time trying deer, well, first everything. We cleaned the meat, threw some backstrap steaks into a pan with mushroom soup and grubbed. Then got busy using one of these to grind up the leg meat into deer burger. Now, have two of these one smaller one bigger.
Gaw didn't realize how long it takes to process a good size deer. Just could imagine how long it would take to do a moose. You'd have to put some in fridge to do the next day.

VU Sponsors