Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Family :wave:
Just came in from the garden with a load of broccoli, I eat it every day straight from the garden to my tummy:giggle:
I hope everyone is well and havin a fantastic day;)

May be an image of text

May be an image of text

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Bud might want to consider wearing something other than crocs on that bike
Really for sure, leather boots are the way to go, really dress for protection, you never know. We saw a bad motorcycle accident in Myrtle Beach during Bike Week, bike was broadsided by a car turning into a parking lot. Poor girl bike passenger wearing just short shorts,sandals,halter top and no helmet. So much for trying to look cute on a motorcycle. That asphalt road was so hot too while she laid there unconscious, blood everywhere, we couldn't touch her, wish we found out what happened to her. It looked bad. Her husband the driver was wearing the proper gear got right up, he had more of the motorcycle protecting him as well.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anybody else ever listened to a song that you haven't heard in years and then spent the next few days feeling completely out of sorts due to hearing something in the song that you were absolutely sure didn't belong? So sure that even after tracking down other versions of the song and hearing the same thing, you still told yourself "Nope, I know exactly how that song goes, Willie is singing it wrong on his recording" even though he oughta know how it goes better than you do?

So the other day I posted Willie Nelson's version of a song, and as I listened to it, I couldn't believe (and still refuse to believe) that it always had the word "have" at the end of the first two lines. I feel like my whole life has been a lie. I know 100% for certain that the words are supposed to be:

Maybe I didn't love you quite as often as I could
Maybe I didn't treat you quite as good as I should

I feel like it must be a conspiracy by English teachers that don't like the sentences ending in could" or "should" and so they made Willie add the word "have" just to mess with me. And somehow they even managed to get the original Brenda Lee recording changed just to make me think I'm crazy.

Yep, that must be what it is, a conspiracy. Because I KNOW I'm right so everyone else must be wrong.

VU Sponsors