Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anybody else ever listened to a song that you haven't heard in years and then spent the next few days feeling completely out of sorts due to hearing something in the song that you were absolutely sure didn't belong? So sure that even after tracking down other versions of the song and hearing the same thing, you still told yourself "Nope, I know exactly how that song goes, Willie is singing it wrong on his recording" even though he oughta know how it goes better than you do?

So the other day I posted Willie Nelson's version of a song, and as I listened to it, I couldn't believe (and still refuse to believe) that it always had the word "have" at the end of the first two lines. I feel like my whole life has been a lie. I know 100% for certain that the words are supposed to be:

Maybe I didn't love you quite as often as I could
Maybe I didn't treat you quite as good as I should

I feel like it must be a conspiracy by English teachers that don't like the sentences ending in could" or "should" and so they made Willie add the word "have" just to mess with me. And somehow they even managed to get the original Brenda Lee recording changed just to make me think I'm crazy.

Yep, that must be what it is, a conspiracy. Because I KNOW I'm right so everyone else must be wrong.

I know that feeling of hearing something in a song that you knew wasn't there before, but in this instance, if I ever heard this song without "have" at the ends of those sentences, I would think the universe was messing with me.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They say humor in is all in the delivery. Clearly I need to work on mine, since so far I have gotten three 😲s on a post that was intended to make people :giggle: or at least :teehee: so...

OK even after going back and reading what I wrote I'm still confused about the reactions. Can someone please explain to me what I said to elicit 😲s?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
They say humor in is all in the delivery. Clearly I need to work on mine, since so far I have gotten three 😲s on a post that was intended to make people :giggle: or at least :teehee: so...

OK even after going back and reading what I wrote I'm still confused about the reactions. Can someone please explain to me what I said to elicit 😲s?
To me it sounded as a serious post. Everyone has a different sense of humor, don't worry about it. Every comedian has jokes that bomb. I've posted some stuff that I thought was funny in the humor challenge thread and all it got was likes. Just the way things go.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Well it did sound serious to me too but when I go back and re=read I could catch up and see the humor :facepalm:

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
To me it sounded as a serious post.
Well it did sound serious to me too
So noted. No more stating that I believe English teachers are conspiring to have decades old recordings altered just to mess with my head. Such statements will be taken seriously. In the future I will blame the conspiracy on circus clowns or oompah loompahs. :giggle:

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Goodnight everyone, enjoyed playing today but it's time to watch the Fever get trounced by Seattle for the third time this season. If they were playing at home...no, they'd probably get trounced in Indy even if they are finally starting to come together as a team.

Now if Caitlin could just get her turnovers under control. I mean, I get wanting to set various rookie records after setting college records, and she's already got a couple under her belt, but I think she should stop trying to get the "Most Turnovers In A Rookie Season" record.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So noted. No more stating that I believe English teachers are conspiring to have decades old recordings altered just to mess with my head. Such statements will be taken seriously. In the future I will blame the conspiracy on circus clowns or oompah loompahs. :giggle:

I thought it was an incidence of "Mandela effect":

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Family :wave:
Beautiful day here today sunny and 76:bliss:
I hope the day has blessed everyone with pleasant temps:)

May be an image of text

May be an image of text

May be a doodle of heart, tree and text

VU Sponsors