Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good mornin Family :wave:
Had to take Jean to her doctor and I had to sit in the truck:rolleyes:
I hope the day is bein kind to everyone:)

May be an image of minions and text

May be a black-and-white image of 1 person, bedroom and text that says 'If you're happy and and you know it, stay in bed. If you're happy and you know it, stay in bed. If you're happy and you know it, getting up will surely blow it. If you're happy and you know it, stay in bed.'

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe a bit of a stretch but USSR to Soviet to Commie
From the musical Chess set somewhere around 1980. Background - Freddy Trumper is an ass, an arrogant prick, and the reigning chess champion who's abusive behavior and tantrums have brought attention to the game. He compares himself indirectly to John McEnroe, at least that's who I assume he means when he refers to "that tennis player what's his name"

Commie Newspapers/Press Conference - Adam Pascal & Idina Menzel

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe a bit of a stretch but USSR to Soviet to Commie
From the musical Chess set somewhere around 1980. Background - Freddy Trumper is an ass, an arrogant prick, and the reigning chess champion who's abusive behavior and tantrums have brought attention to the game. He compares himself indirectly to John McEnroe, at least that's who I assume he means when he refers to "that tennis player what's his name"

Commie Newspapers/Press Conference - Adam Pascal & Idina Menzel

Interesting. Fred Trump is the name of Donald Trump's late father (specifically Fred Christ Trump, no shit).

Anyway, never heard of that.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyway, never heard of that.
I never saw it on stage and the only way I would is if they brought it back with the London version rather than the Broadway version. For inexplicable reasons they changed much of the plot for the US run. I have loved the music since the concept album came out 1984, but it suffered from bad timing in some ways, being developed just as the Soviet Union was collapsing.

The London production included only a few minutes of dialogue, so it is possible to follow the plot entirely from the music. Tim Rice was the lyricist (Jesus Christ Superstar, Evita, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Aladdin, The Lion King just to name a few) with music by Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus from ABBA.

Anyway, the plot itself revolves more around the political machinations and the various games and manipulations that take place away from the table than the chess games. Along with a complicated love affair that becomes one of the weapons used in the aforementioned scheming.

VU Sponsors