Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
1719931954114.jpeg

Trying this right now. I don't think it's working though, I keep hearing pounding and shouting. Oh, wait, that chaos isn't coming from my mind, it's coming from my front door. Looks like the whole neighborhood is out there, they must have come over to tell me how much they enjoy the music. :giggle:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm going to go with this, even though I don't smell it near the windows. I've also sniffed my clothes, my hands, etc to try to detect it but I haven't started using anything new anyway. It comes and goes, so something blowing on the breeze could make sense, but it seems odd that I'm identifying such a specific scent.

But my other options so far appear to be olfactory hallucination (I guess that isn't impossible but from what I gather the most common reason for those is some sort of sinus issue, cold, flu, sinusitis, etc which I don't have) or clairalience which, even if I believed in it and I'm not certain I do (not sure why I find it easier to believe in the possibility of other psychic abilities than I do that one), seems like it would be unlikely to manifest at my age not to mention it again seems like an odd scent for me to detect if that were the case.

So I'll assume it's a nearby flower of some sort even though I'm not completely satisfied with that answer.
I've had this happen so so so many times. When we first moved up north from Topeka, the very first one was of smoke. I looked everywhere even hopped into vehicle to look around, no fires anywhere. Later in the year met one of our neighbors and he said the home that was here burned down. Throughout the years that smoke smell still happens. But, I also get pretty smells, I'm guessing flowers, I know one was of roses, love it when those smells happen, I quit asking why and just enjoy the flowerie smells.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The good thing for today is.....
It was starting to get warm in the bedroom, got up and the fan that is set up in the kitchen blowing the cooler air in was fallen over. The stand to it is broken, however, stood it up put it semi back together, till I have time to hopefully fix it, the fan still works and that be the good thing!!
I'm pretty sure 99.9999% that Chaos and Mayhem had something to do with it :huh:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Family :wave:
Warmin back up here again, was hopin to get to bake bread before it got warm again:facepalm:
I hope everyone is havin a great day:)

May be an image of text

May be an image of text

May be an image of ‎text that says '‎Welcome Tuly ရစ်း ปมง New month, new chapter, new page נעם And new wishes. May the month give you courage, strength, Confidence, patience, self-love & inner peace. May everyday in July fill your days with Hope, love, sunshine and energy. Let there be Joy, Fun and Laughter. Think ThinkPositive-Words Positive Words‎'‎

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not music related at all, but I just read an interesting tidbit about the football history of my town. Shows the power of good marketing. It seems that the legend that developed 100 years ago around Notre Dame football might have been primarily due to good writing rather than good playing. The win that prompted this article was a only a 13-7 win over Army. Yes, they won the Rose Bowl that season also, but they went 45 years after that before they received another bowl invitation. And yet coach Knute Rockne and these 4 players in particular are forever remembered due to a good story.

"Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are [Harry] Stuhldreher, [Don] Miller, [Jim] Crowley and [Elmer] Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below." - Grantland Rice, 1924
1719961169516.png

VU Sponsors