Member For 5 Years
No photo description available.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
May be an image of coffee, coffee cup and body of water

·
LOVE THIS ANALOGY!
You're holding a cup of coffee and someone accidentally bumps into you, causing it to spill everywhere.
Why did you spill the coffee?
"Because someone bumped into me."
Wrong answer.
You spilled the coffee because there was coffee in your cup. If there had been tea in the cup, you would have spilled tea.
Whatever is inside the cup is what will spill out.
So, when life shakes you up, whatever is inside you will come out.
It's easy to pretend everything's fine until you're shaken.
So, we have to ask ourselves, "What's in my cup?"
When life gets tough, what spills over? Joy? Gratitude? Peace? Humility? Anger? Bitterness? A victim mentality? A tendency to quit?
Remember LIFE gives you the cup; YOU choose what to fill it with!

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
May be an image of coffee, coffee cup and body of water

·
LOVE THIS ANALOGY!
You're holding a cup of coffee and someone accidentally bumps into you, causing it to spill everywhere.
Why did you spill the coffee?
"Because someone bumped into me."
Wrong answer.
You spilled the coffee because there was coffee in your cup. If there had been tea in the cup, you would have spilled tea.
Whatever is inside the cup is what will spill out.
So, when life shakes you up, whatever is inside you will come out.
It's easy to pretend everything's fine until you're shaken.
So, we have to ask ourselves, "What's in my cup?"
When life gets tough, what spills over? Joy? Gratitude? Peace? Humility? Anger? Bitterness? A victim mentality? A tendency to quit?
Remember LIFE gives you the cup; YOU choose what to fill it with!

If life gives me the cup, can I request a bigger one? Mine only holds 12oz of coffee at one time. :teehee:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So what would everybody else do in this situation. I just caught my housekeeper popping open a bottle, I said "Hey, what do you think you're doing?"
They said "Relax, it's just root beer." Then they giggled as they said under their breath "Not Your Father's Root Beer, hee hee."
"Yeah, " I said, "which has alcohol in it."
"But it tastes like regular root beer, so the alcohol doesn't count." was the answer, followed by "Besides, I'm watching the game so it doesn't count as drinking on the job."
When I pointed out they were supposed to be doing housework, they said "You don't pay me crap, so I'm gonna drink and take any kind of breaks I want."

Yeah, I know, drinking on the job, bad attitude. I guess you are right. There is only one way to handle this situation.

I better just bite the bullet and fire myself as my housekeeper.
Now I get it :facepalm:
Nope nope nope, I don't get it :teehee:
You fire yourself as the housekeeper; than how will you drink the beer, watch the game without a house that needs to be cleaned? hmm

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nope nope nope, I don't get it :teehee:
You fire yourself as the housekeeper; than how will you drink the beer, watch the game without a house that needs to be cleaned? hmm
I told the kitties they were going to have to start cleaning the house. They just gave me one of those looks, then walked away and took naps. Tomorrow I'll have to re-hire myself I guess.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I thought this was an interesting cartoon. Of course perceptions can vary, some people might not see this the way I do. But to me this is saying: What we CHOOSE to see is more important to our state of mind than what w CAN see. Both men CAN see the same thing, one CHOOSES to only see the bars and the other CHOOSES to only see what is beyond them. I find it interesting that neither CHOOSES to see the entire picture, and I'll have to give some thought to that. Seems like there is a place for acknowledging what IS, but...funny, now that I start thinking about it, I'm less clear about how to view this than I was when I started writing. Is the man on the right just as guilty of ignoring reality as the man on the left? Or is he simply seeing beyond that reality even though he is aware of it? Now I'm confused.

View attachment 216239
Possibly, one can't see being free and the other is. Or the one just doesn't want to see the bars and chooses too leave out the bars. Or maybe he is just showing off his painting skills!

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good thing for the day is that it was a really exciting game, and the Fever actually beat the New York Liberty somehow. For context, the Liberty are #1 in the WNBA right now, and trounced the Fever in their previous matchups, so I fully expected the Fever to lose.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
“It's madness
to hate all roses
because you got scratched with one thorn,

to give up all dreams
because one of them didn't come true,

to give up all attempts
because one of them failed.

It's folly to condemn all your friends
because one has betrayed you,

to no longer believe in love
just because someone was unfaithful
or didn't love you back,

to throw away all your chances to be happy
because something went wrong.

There will always be another opportunity,
another friend,
another love,
a new strength.

For every end,
there is always a new beginning.....

And now here is my secret,
a very simple secret:
It is only with the heart
that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye."

~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry,

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good Sunday Mornin Family :wave:
Gonna be a hotter day today they say so had to get as much done outside as I could before the heat up;)
I been waitin for a cooler day so I can bake my sourdough bread:rolleyes:
I hope everyone is well and havin a great day:)

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'HAPPY 84TH BIRTHDAY DEAR RINGO STARR'

Happy birthday to Doc Severinson, celebrating an amazing 97 today. God bless. Salute.

VU Sponsors