Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I thought this was an interesting cartoon. Of course perceptions can vary, some people might not see this the way I do. But to me this is saying: What we CHOOSE to see is more important to our state of mind than what w CAN see. Both men CAN see the same thing, one CHOOSES to only see the bars and the other CHOOSES to only see what is beyond them. I find it interesting that neither CHOOSES to see the entire picture, and I'll have to give some thought to that. Seems like there is a place for acknowledging what IS, but...funny, now that I start thinking about it, I'm less clear about how to view this than I was when I started writing. Is the man on the right just as guilty of ignoring reality as the man on the left? Or is he simply seeing beyond that reality even though he is aware of it? Now I'm confused.

1720214065582.png

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
May be an image of 1 person and text

May be a doodle of heart and text

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good thing for today, I went out and found a cozy little cafe with some truly excellent coffee.
Need to see if I can find a good deal on a bike, parking in front of the place is 1/2 hour only during the day (between 8 & 5) and it's a bit too far to walk to. But I could see going and sitting down there at least once a week with a book and just reading/people watching with a cup of coffee and maybe a fresh baked treat.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good Mornin Family :wave:
Took some pictures of my garden again, shows my poor onions all laid over but got a pic of one I went ahead and took out to show, kinda ashamed to put them on but gonna anyway, excuse the weeds.:rolleyes:
My peppers and maters are doin good though, so far.;)
I hope the day has found everyone healthy and enjoyin the weekend:)

May be an image of text

May be an image of heart and text that says 'How to save your heart? Should: Never expect Never demand Never assume Know: Your limits Where you stand Your role Don't: Get affected Get jealous Get paranoid Just: Go with the flow and be happy Stay positive. Every wait has a worth.'

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So what would everybody else do in this situation. I just caught my housekeeper popping open a bottle, I said "Hey, what do you think you're doing?"
They said "Relax, it's just root beer." Then they giggled as they said under their breath "Not Your Father's Root Beer, hee hee."
"Yeah, " I said, "which has alcohol in it."
"But it tastes like regular root beer, so the alcohol doesn't count." was the answer, followed by "Besides, I'm watching the game so it doesn't count as drinking on the job."
When I pointed out they were supposed to be doing housework, they said "You don't pay me crap, so I'm gonna drink and take any kind of breaks I want."

Yeah, I know, drinking on the job, bad attitude. I guess you are right. There is only one way to handle this situation.

I better just bite the bullet and fire myself as my housekeeper.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So what would everybody else do in this situation. I just caught my housekeeper popping open a bottle, I said "Hey, what do you think you're doing?"
They said "Relax, it's just root beer." Then they giggled as they said under their breath "Not Your Father's Root Beer, hee hee."
"Yeah, " I said, "which has alcohol in it."
"But it tastes like regular root beer, so the alcohol doesn't count." was the answer, followed by "Besides, I'm watching the game so it doesn't count as drinking on the job."
When I pointed out they were supposed to be doing housework, they said "You don't pay me crap, so I'm gonna drink and take any kind of breaks I want."

Yeah, I know, drinking on the job, bad attitude. I guess you are right. There is only one way to handle this situation.

I better just bite the bullet and fire myself as my housekeeper.
The bad thing is if that's her standards then where does that put the idea of theft, does she think that's alright with that attitude it's a thought.

VU Sponsors