Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
May be a doodle of text

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I wonder if one of these would help, since it's a job you have to do from time to time:

View attachment 216286

I bought a package of them for a persistent kitchen clog. They didn't work worth a dang for that, but they sure pulled a lot of hair out of the bathtub drain.
Thanks, Bliss. I'm pretty sure the end of it would still be too big for the tube, but it is a very good idea. Plus, I would hate to put my creativitness in the bin, lol, it does work great cleaning out the tube. Asio, I recycled four things from ending up in the bin. The cat toy and three pipe cleaners....YEY

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If, you all remember me mentioning about the Petroleum jelly on the hook for the hummingbird feeders, well, it has been working really well. But, I have noticed that the spidies have been staying off of it! In the past, I've found them underneath the feeder and since using the petroleum jelly none have been there...YEY! And, this is a way good thing for this day and every three days when I have to clean them.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Grand kids came over yesterday afternoon for a swim! My pool is now warm due to the heat of the last few weeks, so no instant shock when getting in.

Last evening was spent being installed as an officer for the Knights of Columbus (KofC) regional assembly. Same to happen Thursday for my local KofC council.

All three are good things.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm hanging around to see if Jimi shows up, but what I hope for is that he got back from the doc with good news, took care of Jean, is having a nice dinner he picked up on the way home (no cooking, no dishes to wash), and will get into his pj's and climb into bed at 8 o'clock, and snooze like a bear in hibernation for a good, long night.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm hoping @Jimi's knee exam goes well and they can fix it without cutting it or replacing it.
It didn't go well at all.
I found the best bone doctor I have ever met, he x-rayed me and thoroughly checked me out and told me both knees need replaced and a piece of floater cartilage in the back of my knee has grown to my major artery and he said if I could at all stand the pain he'd advise me not to have anything done with it that it would do more damage than good, this is what my last doctor thought was a torn ACL. He also advised me NOT to have my knees replaced either, when I asked why he said "through experience we have learned, since this is such a stressful operation on the entire body that in some it has awaken the cancer and made it super aggressive, even in some, that were told they were cured, it brought it back. So he said it's up to me and I just don't know quite what to do, I can barely walk as it is but I sure don't wanna free the beast.
Ever feel like your between a two collapsing buildings with no where to run. :facepalm: :(

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm hanging around to see if Jimi shows up, but what I hope for is that he got back from the doc with good news, took care of Jean, is having a nice dinner he picked up on the way home (no cooking, no dishes to wash), and will get into his pj's and climb into bed at 8 o'clock, and snooze like a bear in hibernation for a good, long night.
Thank you my friend

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I found the best bone doctor I have ever met, he x-rayed me and thoroughly checked me out and told me both knees need replaced and a piece of floater cartilage in the back of my knee has grown to my major artery and he said if I could at all stand the pain he'd advise me not to have anything done with it that it would do more damage than good, this is what my last doctor thought was a torn ACL. He also advised me NOT to have my knees replaced either, when I asked why he said "through experience we have learned, since this is such a stressful operation on the entire body that in some it has awaken the cancer and made it super aggressive, even in some, that were told they were cured, it brought it back. So he said it's up to me and I just don't know quite what to do, I can barely walk as it is but I sure don't wanna free the beast.
Ever feel like your between a two collapsing buildings with no where to run. :facepalm: :(
Caught between a rock and a hard place for sure. You need to be able to walk and work your garden in order to grow your food to fight the beast, but doing so may wake the beast. I can't make the decision for you, but, knowing you, I would go down fighting.

I'm not a doctor, didn't play one on TV, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express...

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I doubt there is anything I can say that will help. Sometimes the decision you have before you can be more scary than any actual outcome. The right answer is in there somewhere, not by fear but by wisdom and spiritual guidance.

Whatever you decide, surgery or no, you have friends here who love you.

You deserve pain free mobility. I'll look for a good physical therapy channel on YouTube, in case you decide against the knee replacements.

In any case, I still hope you can get a good, long night of solid sleep tonight.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Oh no sorry to hear this. Now what are you suppose to do?

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know if it will help in any way, but here are a couple things you could try to reduce the pain. First, seriously look at your exercise routine, I know you exercise quite a bit, but see if there are things you are doing that make the knee problems worse and stop doing those exercises, or replace them with low impact exercises. Second, double down on natural anti-inflammatory foods. All pain is related to inflammation, so if you reduce the inflammation you reduce the pain. You probably know much more than I do about what foods have anti-inflammatory properties, but what I would try if it were me is a significant increase in the amount of turmeric I was eating. I'm guessing you already use it, but consuming more could possibly help? I've read that people in India and parts of the Orient where it is eaten in large quantities have far fewer inflammation related problems. Maybe try this?

Turmeric Tea
2 tablespoons turmeric root chopped or 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
Bring to a boil in 1–2 cups water
Lower to simmer for 5 minutes and then strain.

VU Sponsors