Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh no sorry to hear this. Now what are you suppose to do?
Thank you my dear friend :hug:
I guess hobble until I can kill this beast.
Actually I have found a good side to this, well somewhat, it is givin me extra drive to find a way to kill the beast, I have slacked some lately and this will snap be back in line, I am tryin to make my self believe that anyway. But I am gonna straighten up more. Believe me, through my life I have learned that all things do happen for a purpose, at least I keep tellin myself that.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know if it will help in any way, but here are a couple things you could try to reduce the pain. First, seriously look at your exercise routine, I know you exercise quite a bit, but see if there are things you are doing that make the knee problems worse and stop doing those exercises, or replace them with low impact exercises. Second, double down on natural anti-inflammatory foods. All pain is related to inflammation, so if you reduce the inflammation you reduce the pain. You probably know much more than I do about what foods have anti-inflammatory properties, but what I would try if it were me is a significant increase in the amount of turmeric I was eating. I'm guessing you already use it, but consuming more could possibly help? I've read that people in India and parts of the Orient where it is eaten in large quantities have far fewer inflammation related problems. Maybe try this?

Turmeric Tea
2 tablespoons turmeric root chopped or 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
Bring to a boil in 1–2 cups water
Lower to simmer for 5 minutes and then strain.
Thank you my friend, I haven't been able to do my physical exercises in months:( I really miss doin them but just can't take the pain, I do some knee exercises that a dr. gave me years ago and my new dr said that is what made me get this far with it, it's pretty trashed. They do have a gel that they inject into the joint that lubes it and people are havin good luck with it but..... insurance companies only cover 2 injections out of the 5 injection treatment, the other 3 cost a fortune and is your cost so that's out.
I do use a lot of turmeric but I am gonna try your tea recipe, that sounds great, thank you very much my friend:)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good mornin Family:wave:
Tryin to have a good attitude about this whole thing:( I really had high hopes but there is a reason for this, hasn't shown up yet but I have faith it will.;)
I hope everyone is well and havin a great day:)

May be an image of text

May be an image of text

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I dug around and dug out all my old knee braces that I could find, they range from fairly expensive (1200 bucks) to cheap sleeve type and none helped, tested them all so I have decided to try to buy another, the place in town that had the better ones is gone now but at this time I decided that I am gonna try to get by without waking the beast ;)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
May be an image of 1 person and guitar

Born 100 years ago, Cordell Jackson was an American guitarist thought to be the first woman to produce, engineer, arrange and promote music on her own rock and roll music label.
Jackson founded the Moon Records label in Memphis in 1956. Unable to break into the Sun label's stable of male artists, she received the advice and assistance of RCA Records' Chet Atkins in forming this new label to release her music. She began releasing and promoting on the label singles she recorded in her home studio, serving as engineer, producer and arranger. The artists recorded included her and a small family of early rock and roll, rockabilly, and country music performers whom she recruited from several Southern states.
Her Moon Records label was the oldest continuously operating label in Memphis at the time of her death in 2004. The 50s Rock on the Moon of Memphis, Tennessee + an Oddity, a compilation album of the label's 1950s singles, was released on vinyl in the early 1980s and was later sold on compact disc until her death in 2004.
She died in Memphis in 2004, aged 81.

VU Sponsors