Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good evenin Family:wave:
Had a great day, fished several lakes and caught plenty of fish, took 3 hours to clean them all, :facepalm:
Gonna have fish for supper Friday, yes I am traditional;)
I hope the day was kind to everyone:)

May be an image of dog and text

May be an image of text

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thursday Aug.22 in music

August 22nd Born on this Day in History of Music
Claude Debussy (1862), Nick Lucas (1897), John Lee Hooker (1917), Dale Hawkins (1936), Chuck Brown 'The Godfather of Go-Go' (1936), Ron Dante - The Archies (1945), Mutha Withem - Gary Puckett and the Union Gap (1946), Donna Godchaux - Grateful Dead (1947), David Marks-The Beach Boys (1948), Theresa Davis of The Emotions (1950), Dexter Wansel (1950), Evelyn Thomas (1953), Chris Biondo (1956), Ian Mitchell - Bay City Rollers (1958), Vernon Reid - Living Colour (1958), Debbie Peterson - The Bangles (1961), Roland Orzabal - Tears For Fears (1961), James Debarge - Debarge (1963), Tori Amos (1963), GZA - Wu-Tang Clan (1966), Layne Staley - Alice in Chains (1967), Christopher Williams (1967), Steve Craddock - Ocean Colour Scene (1969), Paul Doucette - Matchbox 20 (1972), Howie D - Backstreet Boys (1973)
Chart News
1963 Billy J Kramer And The Dakotas at No.1 on the UK chart with 'Bad To Me'
1964 The Supremes at No.1 on the US chart with 'Where Did Our Love Go'
1970 Bread at No.1 on the US chart with 'Make It With You'
1970 Creedence Clearwater Revival at No.1 on the US album chart with 'Cosmo's Factory'
1970 The Moody Blues at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'A Question Of Balance'
1983 Irene Cara at No.1 in Australia with ‘Flashdance … What a Feeling’
1987 Madonna at No.1 on the US chart with 'Who's That Girl'
1988 Fairground Attraction at No.1 in Australia with ‘Perfect’
1999 Geri Halliwell at No.1 on the UK chart with 'Mi Chico Latino'
1999 Travis at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'The Man Who'
2004 Maroon 5 at No.1 on the UK album chart with ‘Songs About Jane’
2004 Natasha Bedingfield at No.1 on the UK chart with 'These Words'
2009 Sugarland at No.1 on the US album chart with ‘Live on the Inside’
2015 The Weeknd at No.1 on the US chart with ‘Can’t Feel My Face’
Gig News
1964 The Beatles played at the Empire Stadium, Vancouver
1970 Derek and the Dominoes played at the Van Dike in Plymouth, England
1971 Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, and Peter, Paul & Mary played at the Odeon Theatre, Edinburgh, Scotland
1980 Queen played at The Spectrum in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1981 AC/DC played at Monsters of Rock in Donnington Park, Castle Donington
1997 U2 played at Wembley Stadium, London, England
2003 Blur, Beck, The White Stripes, Doves, The Streets, The Libertines, The Darkness, Junior Senior, The Sleepy Jackson and The Thrills played at the UK Carling Reading weekend festival.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
How are you doin on this fine day my friend?
I am doing OK, been busy with garage sales, cleaning out my garage and some more yard work. Nice that the weather was cool this week, yay! My daughter spent the night at my house on Tuesday, she had some wisdom teeth removed and wanted mama to take care of her.
How is everything in Jimi's world?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am doing OK, been busy with garage sales, cleaning out my garage and some more yard work. Nice that the weather was cool this week, yay! My daughter spent the night at my house on Tuesday, she had some wisdom teeth removed and wanted mama to take care of her.
How is everything in Jimi's world?
Everything is sorta goin pretty good, got to go fishin the other day and it made my day, I love to fish. And Jean has been healin nicely with no problems. Gettin ready to cann more maters, I love home canned maters especially in the winter. but that's about it, thank you for asking my friend :hug:

VU Sponsors