Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
May be an image of road and text

May be an image of hummingbird and text

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thank you:hug: for being so kind, animals are God's creatures too.
It was kinda scary doing this. You'd think people would go slower on dirt roads, but they don't. There were times I'd pull over as far as I could and stop cause the idiots would take over the road and going over 50 mph. Never would I drive directly behind anyone cause the tires would throw rocks up and hit the windshield. This would also happen when vehicles are coming towards you. Gaah, one time a big ass rock hit my windshield, scared the crap out of me, and the drivers don't give darn either.

Anyway, I'd hurry up as fast as I could to grab the little cute turtles and get them out of harms way. But, never run, cause if I'd happen to fall, well, who knows how it would turned out, a few times were a close call. Lol, this is why I got a tattoo of a turtle. I was a turtle herder :teehee:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Peachy. How are you?
Totally random thought considering I've never wondered about it until this very moment. Why do we say "peachy" rather than "orangey" or "grapey" or some other fruit? Where did that come from? And how does slang in general ever catch on in the first place? I mean, somewhere along the line one person says something new or in a way that it's never been used before, but what makes other people start to use the same word or expression until it just becomes commonplace? In the modern world I can can of see how it catches on, most slang begins with young people so they use some new expression online, their friends start using it, etc. But how did a word like "peachy" catch on as meaning basically "everything is good" when there was no internet to spread the use of the expression?

I know, who really cares about this kind of thing unless you are an etymologist, but for some reason the word peachy triggered this whole line of thought.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Totally random thought considering I've never wondered about it until this very moment. Why do we say "peachy" rather than "orangey" or "grapey" or some other fruit? Where did that come from? And how does slang in general ever catch on in the first place? I mean, somewhere along the line one person says something new or in a way that it's never been used before, but what makes other people start to use the same word or expression until it just becomes commonplace? In the modern world I can can of see how it catches on, most slang begins with young people so they use some new expression online, their friends start using it, etc. But how did a word like "peachy" catch on as meaning basically "everything is good" when there was no internet to spread the use of the expression?

I know, who really cares about this kind of thing unless you are an etymologist, but for some reason the word peachy triggered this whole line of thought.

Never thought much about the term "peachy". AI says it goes back to a radio broadcast in 1948, but another online article traces it to 1910.

I don't understand how a lot of slang begins. Why, nowadays, is a really good recipe "fire"? Where did the word "bling" come from? Or "bomb" as an adjective.

I could go on and on really.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Family :wave:
Went fishin but I didn't get to fish much, lost a screw outta my reel, but still had a great time:)
I hope everyone is well and havin a great day;)
Still got fish too, we stayed and Jean fished and I kicked back and enjoied nature

May be an image of text

May be a doodle of text

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lily Collins on her father Phil Collins"I may no longer be in your arms or sit comfortably on your shoulders, but you still hug me tight when I need it most. We may not spend time together as often, but when we're face to face, you really see me. You may not believe it always, but please trust me when I say that no matter how old I am or what life may bring, I will always need you Whether watching you proudly on stage, laughing at home together playing Trivial Pursuit, I will be Forever grateful for the moments and memories we share. Especially the ones I now cherish as an adult. Thank you for inspiring me and supporting me into the woman I am today. I love you to the moon and back."
~ Lily Collins
May be an image of 3 people

VU Sponsors