Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good Mornin Family :wave:
Just a beautiful day here today, 60 right now at 11:12 Gonna go work in the garden in a bit:)
I hope everyone is blessed with good health and the day is bein kind to everyone today;)

May be an image of text

May be an image of text

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Saturday September 7th in music history
September 7th Happy Birthday to Sonny Rollins (1930), Little Milton (1934), Buddy Holly (1936), Ronnie Dove (1935), Latimore (1939), Alfa Anderson - Chic (1946), Gloria Gaynor (1943), Chrissie Hynde - Pretenders (1951), Mark Isham (1951), Benmont Tench - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers (1953), Marc Hunter - Dragon (1953), Dianne Warren (1956), Margot Chapman - Starland Vocal Band (1957), Jermaine Stewart (1957), Hamilton Lee - Furniture (1958), Brad Houser - Edie Brickell & the New Bohemians (1960), LeRoi Moore - Dave Matthews Band (1961) Eazy-E - NWA (1963), Chris Acland - Lush (1966), Spectacular Blue Smith - Pretty Ricky (1986)
Chart News
1959 Craig Douglas at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Only Sixteen'
1968 Mama Cass with The Mamas & the Papas with ‘Dream a Little Dream of Me’
1970 The Mixtures at No.1 in Australia with ‘In the Summertime’ (cover version)
1976 Abba at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Dancing Queen
1981 Devo at No.1 in Australia for a second time with ‘DEV-O Live (EP)’
1985 David Bowie and Mick Jagger at No.1 on the UK singes chart with 'Dancing In The Street.'
1985 John Parr at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'St Elmo's Fire'
1997 Fleetwood Mac at No.1 on the US album chart with 'The Dance'
1997 Will Smith at No.1 in Australia with ‘Men in Black’
2003 Black Eyed Peas at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Where Is The Love'
2017 Taylor Swift at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Look What You Made Me Do'
2023 Olivia Rodrigo at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Vampire'
Gig News
1964 The Beatles performed two shows at the Forum, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
1968 The Doors played the first of two nights at The Roundhouse, London
1968 Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and John Bonham made their live debut as Led Zeppelin but billed as YardBirds at Teen Club Box 45 in Gladsaxe,Copenhagen), Denmark.
1972 David Bowie appeared at The Top Rank, Hanley, Stoke on Trent, England.
1973 The Rolling Stones kicked off a nine-date UK tour at the Empire Pool London.
1987 Def Leppard played the first of three nights at the Hammersmith Odeon in London, England.
1996 Michael Jackson played the first date on the HIStory World Tour
2002 The Frankie Miller tribute concert was held at Barrowlands in Glasgow, Scotland with all profits going to the Drake Music Project. The Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Nazareth, Gallagher & Lyle, Hamish Stuart, former Thin Lizzy guitarist Brian Robertson, ex-Genesis singer Ray Wilson and Joe Walsh all appeared. Miller attended the show, but was still recovering from a 1994 brain haemorrhage, and so was unable to join in.
2017 Taylor Swift at No.1 on the UK chart with ‘Look What You Made Me Do’
Music News
1978 Keith Moon died
2003 Warren Zevon died

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Operation Mindcrime was my introduction to Queensryche, and this song is the introduction to the album. Loved this when I first heard it back in '80-whatever.

I Remember Now & Anarchy X- Queensrÿche

Sorry, have to add the title song in also. Love this one too.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Family :wave:
Made another big batch of mater soup this mornin but missread the spice labels and used cayenne instead of cinnamon:facepalm:
Dolled it back up and it tastes alright but it does bite back:rolleyes:
I hope everyone is havin a great day:hug:

May be an image of text

May be an image of text
I'm gonna have to try out some homemade mater soup. Never done it before. A bit of cayenne actually sounds like it would be good.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anything above 75 is a heat wave :teehee:
Tonight's low will be somewhere around 45. Barely made it to 65 this afternoon. I'm not ready for the cold weather yet. On the other hand, I do wish mother nature was a bit less schizophrenic, since we return to the upper 80s in just a couple of days. Why can't she just give me several days in a row of right around 75?

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I wonder if it was the mouse that took the ant poison, they will eat anything and that would explain there being no poison and why the kitties wouldn't eat it, just a thought :facepalm:
I had thought of this. If, it had been a mouse it would seem like I would have found droplets of the poison on the floor at least somewhere. I had just cut the container of poison open the day before and know it was still full. Not less the mouse went back and cleaned up the evidence that it left behind, hmm, I guess this could be possible.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Tonight's low will be somewhere around 45. Barely made it to 65 this afternoon. I'm not ready for the cold weather yet. On the other hand, I do wish mother nature was a bit less schizophrenic, since we return to the upper 80s in just a couple of days. Why can't she just give me several days in a row of right around 75?
Yup, it was in the 40s last night, upper 70s today and tomorrow with low humidity YEY! Then back in 80s to upper 80s (more likely in 90s) by Wednesday,,,,YUK! That blasted heat wave will be torturing :teehee:
Agree, the 75 would be terrific if it would stick around a little longer. I'm still up in the air with the cold. :gaah:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nice to see you, Kad :wave:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yesterday, really strange thing happened. Had ant poison down on the floor by the back door.

I don't know what you used for ant poison, but I'll convey this in case it helps you or anybody.

Quite a while back, late last year or early this year, I got a Doordash delivery, took the bag in the kitchen, pulled out the food, and it was SWARMING with ants. I know the ants were from the driver's car, not the restaurant, a frequent fave, so I complained on him after I got the kitchen under control.

I immediately wet a rag and started smashing and wiping like mad, cleared all the ants, but a few of them ran down between the stove and the counter, so later that night I saw a few more of them. I made my own ant bait from honey, boric acid and a little water to thin it. It took a few days but it worked. I drizzled it onto the counter before bed each night, and the next morning there would be dead ants all around their ant "buffet", and eventually no more. BUT, a few weeks later, more ants, and here is the secret. If the queen lays eggs, you are going to get another swarm, but I caught the next batch of hatchlings early, drizzled my honey trap between the stove and counter where they went home at night, as well as on the counter, and it took another week, but I completely got rid of the second group.

It's been months since then, and no more ants. My DIY mix is non-toxic to humans, and should be non-toxic to larger mammals like cats and dogs, though you don't want to tempt them with it. Best to keep them out of the area where you're doing battle.

Some of the store bought ant bait concoctions are similar in content and method to my homemade, using a sticky sweetened liquid with boric acid in it. The commercial products aren't all like that though. Some are really poisonous.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sunday September 8th in Music History

September 8th Happy Birthday to Jimmie Rodgers (1897), Harry Secombe (1921), Peter Sellers (1925), Earl Nelson (1928), Patsy Cline (1932), Brian Cole - The Association (1942), Sal Valentino - The Beau Brummels (1942), Kelly Groucutt - ELO (1945), Ron Mckernan - The Grateful Dead (1945), Benjamin Orr - The Cars (1953), David Lewis - Atlantic Starr (1958), David Steele - Fine Young Cannibals (1960), Aimee Mann (1960), Andie Rathbourne - Mansun (1969), Richard Hughes - Keane (1975), Pink (1979), Slim Thug (1980) , Tim Bergling 'Avici' (1989)
Chart News
1962 Frank Ifield at No.1 in Australia with ‘I Remember You’
1971 The Tams at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Hey Girl Don't Bother Me'
1973 Marvin Gaye at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Let's Get It On'
1973 The Allman Brothers at No.1 on the US album chart with 'Brothers And Sisters'
1979 Led Zeppelin at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'In Through The Out Door'
1984 Stevie Wonder at No.1 on the UK chart with 'I Just Called To Say I Love You'
1990 Jon Bon Jovi at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Blaze Of Glory'
2007 Fergie at No.1 on the US chart with ‘Big Girls Don’t Cry’
2012 Little Mix at No.1 on the UK chart with ‘Wings’
2016 The Chainsmokers featuring Halsey at No.1 on the UK chart with ‘Closer’
2022 Eliza Rose & Interplanetary Criminal at No.1 on the UK chart with 'B.O.T.A. (Baddest of them all)
Gig News
1964 The Who played at the Railway Hotel, Harrow and Wealdston, England.
1967 The Doors played at the Lagoon Park Patio Gardens, Farmington, Salt Lake City, Utah.
1968 Led Zeppelin appeared at Raventlow Parken, Nykobing Lolland, Denmark supported by The Beatnicks and The Ladybirds
1974 Joni Mitchell, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young and the Beach Boys all appeared at the New York 'Summersault '74’ at Roosevelt Raceway in Westbury.
1979 The furst Futurama Festival was held in Leeds featuing PIL, Joy Divison, OMD, Hawkwind, The Fall, The Teardrop Explodes and Echo and the Bunnymen
1980 Kiss played Wembley Arena, London.
1995 R.E.M. played at the Miami Arena, Miami Florida, with Radiohead as support.
2003 David Bowie performed the first interactive concert when his performance was beamed live into 21 cinemas from Warsaw to Edinburgh. Members of the audience talked to Bowie via microphones linked to ISDN lines and took requests for songs

VU Sponsors