Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Every Thanksgivin early mornin I sit and think of all I have to be thankful for, my friends here are very high on that list, right below my wife and family. Thank you all for your friendship and all the wonderful times you all gave me, I am truly blessed to have such wonderful friends ;) I hope everyone here has real feast today and may your day be perfect.
Without you on VU....it would NOT be the SAME :hug:
Thank you for all kind loving words :inlove: :blowkiss: We are truly BLESSED with you in our lives
4cf5461c8fe93a18e12723f92a17fff3.gif

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you Jimi. I enjoyed having the whole day off from work, but holidays are kind of a mixed bag. You want to love your loved ones, but they will rub you the wrong way, and the longer you're around them, the more they rub. I find I can love people better by holding them close to my heart at a distance, if that makes sense, wanting the best for them, wishing them well, but staying away from them.

How was your feast day? Did you have your tamales, or were those for yesterday only?

There is nothing easier to make than my dual pea dish. I hope you'll enjoy trying it sometime.

I have another Thanksgiving tomorrow evening with a dear friend who wants me to come and bless her home she just moved into, so I'm planning a variation of the bread, salt and wine blessing from the movie "It's a Wonderful Life", which I found so moving when I first saw it.

I sorta know what you mean, i used to feel that way too after a family get together but now they are all gone and I would love to know that feelin again

Mine was great but like I had posted I went off my diet for the one meal and had a small portion of fish, first meat of any kind since spring ;)

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi Snap how was your Thanksgiving?
It was nice- lots of family here and the food was delicious. We all miss Clif and tried to make the best out of it. Life goes on, next we have to tackle Christmas. I just ordered a new Christmas tree from Big Lots Black Friday sale with free delivery.
How was your Thanksgiving?

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The truth is I really like the first Queen album (not sure if I can find that) but Freddie Mercury... do you really have to ask... Bohemian Rhapsody ("I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all") ("dismiss la, we will not let you go") ("so you think you can love me and leave to die") ("just gotta right out of here") ("nothing really matters to me") ("any way the wind blows")...

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It was nice- lots of family here and the food was delicious. We all miss Clif and tried to make the best out of it. Life goes on, next we have to tackle Christmas. I just ordered a new Christmas tree from Big Lots Black Friday sale with free delivery.
How was your Thanksgiving?
Mine went well, broke my diet for the day and had a small portion of fish, thank you for askin my friend :hug:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mine was great but like I had posted I went off my diet for the one meal and had a small portion of fish, first meat of any kind since spring ;)

Sorry Jimi. I seem to have missed your post about having fish for Thanksgiving. That seems like a very unusual choice, but everywhere I see people making other choices than turkey, and indeed we should be thankful for healthy bodies of water that can still bring us good fish.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
We had Thanksgiving at my daughter's and her in-laws houses. Turkey, ham, pumpkin soup, mashed taters, stuffing, and all the typical fixings.

Then we did second Thanksgiving back there again yesterday.

My grandson on his other grandpa's tractor, seat belt is on and it's just idling.

20221125_164747.jpg

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry Jimi. I seem to have missed your post about having fish for Thanksgiving. That seems like a very unusual choice, but everywhere I see people making other choices than turkey, and indeed we should be thankful for healthy bodies of water that can still bring us good fish.
Yes it is kinda unusual but fish is the least damaging meat for me right now, I woulda loved to have turkey but figured I better play it safe :( I love turkey:cry: Yes we sure should, all my fish are self caught from selected lakes with no farm fields and no possible run off. My main lake has two submerged springs feeding it :) produces healthy fish

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We had Thanksgiving at my daughter's and her in-laws houses. Turkey, ham, pumpkin soup, mashed taters, stuffing, and all the typical fixings.

Then we did second Thanksgiving back there again yesterday.

My grandson on his other grandpa's tractor, seat belt is on and it's just idling.

View attachment 199702
Awe that's so precious, he sure is a handsome young man my friend

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good mornin Family :wave:
For about the last 3 or 4 days I been feelin edgey, don't know why. but If I have or do say something that doesn't sound right I am sorry, just haven't been myself last few:facepalm:
I hope everyone is havin a fantastic Sunday, for some it means another feast:) I can remember when I was a kid, Sunday dinner was always a special meal;)

James Marshall "Jimi" Hendrix (born Johnny Allen Hendrix; November 27, 1942 – September 18, 1970) was an American guitarist, singer, and songwriter. Although his mainstream career spanned only four years, he is widely regarded as one of the most influential electric guitarists in the history of popular music, and one of the most celebrated musicians of the 20th century. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame describes him as "arguably the greatest instrumentalist in the history of rock music."He achieved fame in the US after his performance at the Monterey Pop Festival in 1967, and in 1968 his third and final studio album, Electric Ladyland, reached number one in the US. The double LP was Hendrix's most commercially successful release and his first and only number one album. The world's highest-paid performer,he headlined the Woodstock Festival in 1969 and the Isle of Wight Festival in 1970 .The Jimi Hendrix Experience was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1992 and the UK Music Hall of Fame in 2005.
Happy heavenly birthday, Jimi.

May be a closeup of 1 person

Happy 83rd birthday to the "Queen of Rock 'n' Roll," Tina Turner, born November 26, 1939. After soaring to fame as a soul star in the 60s and 70s, Turner forged one of the greatest comebacks in pop culture history, taking over the 80s with chart-busting hits like "What's Love Got to Do with It" and "Private Dancer." Below is just one high-energy performance that proves she's simply "The Best!"

May be an image of 1 person and standing

VU Sponsors