Alternate Universe

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In roughly 3 months, I will be needin some Pizza to overdose on once I get the laptop...going to be a 3 Day adventure makin sure the OS's/Drivers are operating cleanly since it involves loading on an 32GB eMMC SSD and the fact that the laptops ram is 2GB's and soldered. That is the main reason for me to completely remove Win 8.1 64Bit installation plus the screen isn't Touch and I only run Win XP Pro/Win 7 and I prefer 32bit since I rarely use 2GB's of ram with the way I utilize computers.

I will have to buy a usb drive to load the OS's onto the laptop which I have no problems with, just gotta find the links to the 2 Customized OS's first...lol. I am dead set on investing in on this: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...-Signature-Edition-Laptop/productID.307284600

I will get a 128GB Micro SD plus a 128GB external ssd enclosure for storage...I am in love with a laptop and technology...awkward!
Really? 2 GB of hardwired RAM? Honestly wouldn't even consider anything with less than 4GB with the ability to increase it in the future. Even with Win 7/XP

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Really? 2 GB of hardwired RAM? Honestly wouldn't even consider anything with less than 4GB with the ability to increase it in the future. Even with Win 7/XP

Unless you do photography/video editing/cad/the other ram intensive programs, no need for 4GB's or more honestly. I also have no more than 8 tabs open in a browser plus I only run 2 programs at a time. I have used a 12 year old Dell with 254MB of ram for 6+ years and ran just fine for me even with old school games.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning all. Have a great time @havok333
Load operating systems tends to lead to pizza overdose, doesn't @Tripster
Wife is stuck at a hospital with a patient this morning after a long night of dealing with his dementia, maybe you could swing by Indy with your dog @Whiskey and cheer her up :)
Don't work to hard @adk1989, I only worked construction in high school, but fell out of the rafters of a new construction home and tore all the tendons in my ankle when I was 17. Right foot and drove home with a clutch and boy was that pain! Still, during some of days as an office worker I longed to be back in construction swinging a hammer or using one of the nail driver guns. There is something very calming in beating the snot of wood and concrete all day and knowing like you are making progress on something :D
I sure would in a heart beat if I could,IMI!!!
Back in a bit:):)

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do through research on programs to understand ram consumption as well, I only use programs that I use daily and monitor for any memory leaks or other abnormalities. I don't mind if the laptop isn't future proof, I always have the tendencies to utilize "dinosaur technology" and or utilize the current technology I invested in till the current technology I am utilizing becomes unusable. I always make sure I get my monies worth and than some from my investments and choose not to hands-on follow with new technology till I find my next investment through intensive research. I gather enough research on my investments so once I have them I will fully understand their limitations, pros, and cons...majority of the time I never experience buyers remorse.

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Whiskey Yer sig literally tripped me out...I thought I was havin flashbacks or that my brain was trickin me...I have never paid attention to it.

d8ef8dca0b6d333844fb515ae0db85bb.jpg

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do through research on programs to understand ram consumption as well, I only use programs that I use daily and monitor for any memory leaks or other abnormalities. I don't mind if the laptop isn't future proof, I always have the tendencies to utilize "dinosaur technology" and or utilize the current technology I invested in till the current technology I am utilizing becomes unusable. I always make sure I get my monies worth and than some from my investments and choose not to hands-on follow with new technology till I find my next investment through intensive research. I gather enough research on my investments so once I have them I will fully understand their limitations, pros, and cons...majority of the time I never experience buyers remorse.
Good. Wish more people understood their needs and did research on what was necessary to satisfy them. It's always a bonus when you can save a few bucks getting what you need versus what a saleman thinks you need ;)

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Was up a couple of hrs this am when this pic opportunity presented itself out my window. Another Nice Fall Day here in Willmar Mn and that
HP Stream 14-z010nr Signature Edition Laptop looks nice! Time for a walk to Post Office and Library.
PA240032_zps0b56ab15.jpg

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good. Wish more people understood their needs and did research on what was necessary to satisfy them. It's always a bonus when you can save a few bucks getting what you need versus what a saleman thinks you need ;)

I do this based on my income and even if I wasn't limited with income, I was raised/conditioned this way.

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Was up a couple of hrs this am when this pic opportunity presented itself out my window. Another Nice Fall Day here in Willmar Mn and that
HP Stream 14-z010nr Signature Edition Laptop looks nice! Time for a walk to Post Office and Library.
PA240032_zps0b56ab15.jpg

I lived in Willmar for a month than moved to Madison, MN...beautiful town.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
bae9ebc787034aa535dbcb489997e7b4.jpg

Why do they gotta remake horror movies? The originals are so much better
I did like the Rob Zombie remakes of the Halloween movies, thought he did a good job with them. Can't think of any other exceptions though.

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
morning...innit?

Nice Song I do not Listen to much music When I was listening to this Song I was not watching the Video I thought it was a male singing. But in the Middle when I watched and saw it was a female now its sounds like a female to me?

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice Song I do not Listen to much music When I was listening to this Song I was not watching the Video I thought it was a male singing. But in the Middle when I watched and saw it was a female now its sounds like a female to me?

johnette is indeed one of the better half of the species. and one of my all time favorites.

couldn't sleep, started making some yummy soup:

Lentils_004.jpg

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In roughly 3 months, I will be needin some Pizza to overdose on once I get the laptop...going to be a 3 Day adventure makin sure the OS's/Drivers are operating cleanly since it involves loading on an 32GB eMMC SSD and the fact that the laptops ram is 2GB's and soldered. That is the main reason for me to completely remove Win 8.1 64Bit installation plus the screen isn't Touch and I only run Win XP Pro/Win 7 and I prefer 32bit since I rarely use 2GB's of ram with the way I utilize computers.

I will have to buy a usb drive to load the OS's onto the laptop which I have no problems with, just gotta find the links to the 2 Customized OS's first...lol. I am dead set on investing in on this: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...-Signature-Edition-Laptop/productID.307284600

I will get a 128GB Micro SD plus a 128GB external ssd enclosure for storage...I am in love with a laptop and technology...awkward!
Just bought one of these for a HTPC.. should be here Monday.

amazon.com/gp/product/B00KU54KPQ

Currently use one of these which is awesome. Basically an Android Tablet without the screen, but its getting a little long in the tooth. They do have newer versions with more power (and cost more) but figured I would go the PC route this time:

amazon.com/gp/product/B00AKTR5KO

Demoniacal

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good morning all, oh I see @adk1989 went to work instead of Vapercon, guess I should have told him to just come after work since it's going till 8 or 9 oclock tonight, maybe if he sees this he'll show up:D

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good morning all, oh I see @adk1989 went to work instead of Vapercon, guess I should have told him to just come after work since it's going till 8 or 9 oclock tonight, maybe if he sees this he'll show up:D
Working till six man lol

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
PA240032_zps0b56ab15.jpg
That really gorgeous. You don't want to see what's outside my bedroom window!

VU Sponsors