Alternate Universe

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
whiskey thought she saw a nipple in one of my pics on the halloween page. false alarm. :p

did she think she saw the one one your perfect right breast, or the udder one?
www_Messen_Tools_com_Humor_risa_jijiji.gif

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Woohoo! I don't believe weather reports further out than 3 days, but at the moment, yahoo weather app says 80% rain on Halloween! Yes, keep those damn kids away!

STAY OFF MY LAWN
I made plans to be 3 hours away from here so I don't have to answer the door or buy candy or listen to the dogs bark. :) I'm not sure the kids around here really get it. They knock, and when I answer, they just kind of stand there. We were irritating little shits screaming 'trick or treeeeeeeeat'. They just freaking stand there.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
DAMMIT.. (again)... When I bought this house, I was pissed 'cause the furnace is laying sideways in the crawl space :rolleyes:. The original one I had to replace due to corrosion. Well, it was in the middle of February, and me being me, just said 'slap a new in there! I'm COLD!' So thats what I did... Now, however, it seems that while I was away at hospitals for the wife, the water softener, which is ABOVE the furnace under the stairs :confused:, LEAKED (over flowed) and fill up my furnace with salty water!! :mad: I just spent all day drying and cleaning cruddy connections only find the blower motor is seized tight! And I mean TIGHT! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ya, we were gonna add-on a machine room, but with the g'kids losing their parents and the wife sick, we just never got around to it

Soooo pissed right now...

Wow, that really sucks... :(

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That really does suck @Midniteoyl. Would your homeowners ins. take care of any of that? My deductible is too high to even think about it but my brother had some water damage taken care of twice.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did some shopping at the MX store, found awesomeness.

They keep getting better chiles in, and still only $6/lb for "Orange Habaneros". (very light peppers, so cheep)

These monsters look like they crossed with some Scotch Bonnets,Scorpions or even Jolokias ... :D

*Click pix for larger as usual*

And, some very simple Guacamole that they make there in the deli. Good basic stuff that I can spice up. ;-)
8oz for $4 isn't bad considering the price of produce these days...and I'm lazy.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That really does suck @Midniteoyl. Would your homeowners ins. take care of any of that? My deductible is too high to even think about it but my brother had some water damage taken care of twice.
$600 furnace, $1000 deductible.. :(

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Did some shopping at the MX store, found awesomeness.

They keep getting better chiles in, and still only $6/lb for "Orange Habaneros". (very light peppers, so cheep)

These monsters look like they crossed with some Scotch Bonnets,Scorpions or even Jolokias ... :D

*Click pix for larger as usual*

And, some very simple Guacamole that they make there in the deli. Good basic stuff that I can spice up. ;-)
8oz for $4 isn't bad considering the price of produce these days...and I'm lazy.

i eat several avacados a week. right out of the skin. yummmm

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I made plans to be 3 hours away from here so I don't have to answer the door or buy candy or listen to the dogs bark. :) I'm not sure the kids around here really get it. They knock, and when I answer, they just kind of stand there. We were irritating little shits screaming 'trick or treeeeeeeeat'. They just freaking stand there.

I don't plan on answering the door. Problem solved.

Here's one reason why:

I woke up late today after being kept up from the damned windstorm crashing around until like 3AM.
When I went to go to the store, I found this mess left for me right in front of my door by some drunk transient fuckwad. No, that stain wasn't from liquor...at least not at first...

Yeah, screw all the people around here....and their crackbabies too.
unhappy-011.gif

Last edited:

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DAMMIT.. (again)... When I bought this house, I was pissed 'cause the furnace is laying sideways in the crawl space :rolleyes:. The original one I had to replace due to corrosion. Well, it was in the middle of February, and me being me, just said 'slap a new in there! I'm COLD!' So thats what I did... Now, however, it seems that while I was away at hospitals for the wife, the water softener, which is ABOVE the furnace under the stairs :confused:, LEAKED (over flowed) and fill up my furnace with salty water!! :mad: I just spent all day drying and cleaning cruddy connections only find the blower motor is seized tight! And I mean TIGHT! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ya, we were gonna add-on a machine room, but with the g'kids losing their parents and the wife sick, we just never got around to it

Sorry man. That truly sucks.
Our AC condenser coil sprung a leak and dripped water all over / in / though our furnace last year. I had to have the coil replaced, and I replaced the blower motor. It wasn't terribly difficult; take lots of photos while you're unplugging stuff, make labels when necessary, and take your time. IIRC, the blower motor was around $150. Fortunately the control boards were still good, so I saved at least that much...

Right after that AC coil went out, we bought a home warranty. We've got a 2nd identical unit cooling the upstairs, and I had a bad feeling it was gonna go to. Sure enough, about a month after we fired it up again this spring, out it went...

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Our AC condenser coil sprung a leak and dripped water all over / in / though our furnace last year. I had to have the coil replaced, and I replaced the blower motor. It wasn't terribly difficult; take lots of photos while you're unplugging stuff, make labels when necessary, and take your time. IIRC, the blower motor was around $150. Fortunately the control boards were still good, so I saved at least that much...

Right after that AC coil went out, we bought a home warranty. We've got a 2nd identical unit cooling the upstairs, and I had a bad feeling it was gonna go to. Sure enough, about a month after we fired it up again this spring, out it went...
it's always something, isn't it? gaah-smiley.gif

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Okay, there is no other phrase right now that is more appropriate than "That Sucks!".

I don't know what we would do right now if some major problem popped up with the house. We though the AC died at the beginning of the summer, but thanks to YouTube and a couple of handy man web sites, I was able to fix it myself by changing out the capacitor, PHEW!

Our washing machine crapped out shortly thereafter, and I had to use up the last bit of room on my Lowe's card to replace it. BTW, don't buy Whirpool front loading washers. They have a known issue with the metal arm that holds the drum and even though it can't be replaced without replacing the tub, it isn't covered by the tub warranty. Apparently they have had enough issues with this that their CS reps know what to say immediately upon referencing the "spider arm" so you are hosed.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Ya.. I have a spare blower and motor from the last furnace.. 5hp though instead of 3, but should still work fine.. Problem is all the corrosion from the salt.. :(

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rains and Pours....

Over the Range Microwave decided to head South too... :( It must be the nasty Winter coming or something..

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i dunno if i should be hanging out with you guys! the karma around here blows chunks! runforhills.gif

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i dunno if i should be hanging out with you guys! the karma around here blows chunks! View attachment 7907
LOL... I was just thinking.. "Who am I hanging with that is cursed?'

My fault though.. been soo pre-occupied the last 2 years I've been neglectful..

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
for us big nerds, too. right? :p

of course. and i promise not to be such an attention whore after halloween is over and done with. :)

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I thought is what that was. If you wore that to a comic con, you'd have hundreds of little nerds follow you around all day ;)
Would be like an episode of Big Bang Theory! lol

VU Sponsors