Become a Patron!

Alternate Universe

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Her sister who everyone thinks is my daughter (she is built like me) her face is covered because she is doing the challenge she really didn't need it but
1471390_969817439700173_443634864376409532_n.jpg

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Still exists.... ;-)
This'll take ya back...

http://www.phrack.org/

I wonder if DaVinci still makes those awesome gfx like he did for da Phrozen Crew...
I got into PShop and gfx because of him.
So, I kind of have to stay away from that stuff so I didn't really look at the site, but in my day phreaking was taking over an operators station using a tone box and then doing pretty much anything they could do. By the mid 80's all the phone companies in So. Cal. had systems in place to be able to locate the phone booth were you were doing it from though so even though it was still possible, it was just dumb because you only had about 5 minutes tops. Then again, the area that I lived in was kind of hacker dense.

Serval people I know went to jail, and I took a forced leave from modems...

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So, I kind of have to stay away from that stuff so I didn't really look at the site, but in my day phreaking was taking over an operators station using a tone box and then doing pretty much anything they could do. By the mid 80's all the phone companies in So. Cal. had systems in place to be able to locate the phone booth were you were doing it from though so even though it was still possible, it was just dumb because you only had about 5 minutes tops. Then again, the area that I lived in was kind of hacker dense.

Serval people I know went to jail, and I took a forced leave from modems...

Ya, now it's VOIP....since the system went digital switching.

I stick to the original Hacker Manifesto...my interests are mostly the pursuit of knowledge, curiosity and academic in nature. I'm not a cracker or a script kiddie DDoS fiend. ;)

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ya, now it's VOIP....since the system went digital switching.

I stick to the original Hacker Manifesto...my interests are mostly the pursuit of knowledge, curiosity and academic in nature. I'm not a cracker or a script kiddie DDoS fiend. ;)
My dad was career Air Force in command of a couple of Titan II missle silos and then the decommisioning of them, so I stayed away from anything military but loved college systems and a certain telco... they didn't appreciate the fact that I appreciated them helping me keep in contact with my Swedish girlfriend.
I came home one day to find my parents sitting on the couch with a guy in a suit, and by the end of the day agreed to not use a computer connected to a network or telephone system for 5 years.
Got off easy compared to the friends who went to jail but they were doing stupid stuff like having high dollar stuff delievered to vacant houses until the delivery guys wised up and reported their suspicions to the police.
Parents hated my hacking for years because I ran a hacking BBS during the night and people kept calling for a year before they finally gave up and changed the phone number.

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'll tell you this...I sanity is an a2esom3 starting point @JustMe...after that if you aren't happy or want to get in even better shape...try the asylum workout...it's really a 3 step program made by the same people...p90x then insanity then asylum...all great work outs as long as you follow the program to a tee

I do mma 6 days a weeks and still have trouble with the asylum workout

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Geez, my weather was balmy and tropical compared to your today. Only -22 . However, when I was out walking today my azzzz say's it felt a lot colder.

you canadians are heartier stock than us. i could never handle that much cold.

Last edited:

WiSilverVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That being said, I'd like to see Ret Gen Colin Powell take a run for office. He is a moderate republican with some good social views and I'd venture a guess that he knows how to handle some foreign policy better... or at least more efficiently...

A lot of people wanna see that - he was asked at least 3 times and declined

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Midniteoyl pm me your address and i will get that sent to you as soon as i can.

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It makes it much easier if you have someone to workout with you.

And yoga can do amazing amazing...Ned is say again...AMAZING.. THINGS...if you can't tell...I freaking love yoga
I AGREE 10000%. Any kind of exercise can help alleviate pain and promote healing . I am not down playing your pain and understand when you are in pain you don't want to do anything. However, if you make yourself do yoga or whatever I guarantee you will get to a point where it will be your pain reliever instead of drugs to a point .

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I AGREE 10000%. Any kind of exercise can help alleviate pain and promote healing . I am not down playing your pain and understand when you are in pain you don't want to do anything. However, if you make yourself do yoga or whatever I guarantee you will get to a point where it will be your pain reliever instead of drugs to a point .
Amen...people laugh when I tell them I do yoga lol...I do it every morning before work then mma after work...the yoga helps with the aches and pain that come with muay Thai and jiu jitsu

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
lol It's only because we don't have a choice . Seriously -22 really is not that bad it's kinda just normal. The -40 with windchills at -55 I get a little cranky on my walks.

i would get more than a little cranky. you would never get me out of my bed. :p

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i would get more than a little cranky. you would never get me out of my bed. :p
Kelli, what's even worse or I should say does not help at all is we only get about 4 hours of light a day. So between the cold and the dark there are times when you do just want to stay in bed.

The trade off to that is in the summer in never gets dark. A tad bit dusky but not dark. So when you have people over for a barbeque and a fire in the summer it's nothing to look at your watch and say oh crap it's 4 in the morn but you never realized because it's still not dark. lol

VU Sponsors