kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Kelli, what's even worse or I should say does not help at all is we only get about 4 hours of light a day. So between the cold and the dark there are times when you do just want to stay in bed.

The trade off to that is in the summer in never gets dark. A tad bit dusky but not dark. So when you have people over for a barbeque and a fire in the summer it's nothing to look at your watch and say oh crap it's 4 in the morn but you never realized because it's still not dark. lol

ok so i could live there in the summer. but i'd be suicidal in the winter. dunno how you do it. :p

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's OK but thanks. FL will still be there. My friend caught a bug and doesn't want me to catch it too.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm getting cranky too but I won't complain compared to the rest of you.
I know right? I feel like a wimp now and it's only going down to 36 tomorrow. lol

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A lot of people wanna see that - he was asked at least 3 times and declined
Because it is really hard for me to pay attention to regular news now, I have taken to watching the comedic political shows, Last Week Tonight, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, and Bill Maher right now. I only recently discovered all of these shows, if you know of more like this let me know... but I digress...

Bill Maher interviewed Gen Powell and it sounded promising. Was actually really impressed by Maher during the interview given his reputation as a lefty.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i would get more than a little cranky. you would never get me out of my bed. :p
Hmmm... bet most of the guys around here are suddenly hoping for a cold spell ;)

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im attempting my first forced patina right now!!! Wish me luuuuuck! Ill post pics of my work tonight or tomorrow, going to add some paint and such too, custom looking Vanilla.....yay!
Well, my camera sucks...but 8 hours later, forced patina, painted the grooves and the background of the logo, a little patina got onto the outer circle of the mountain but oh well....clear coated, dried...and still fires great!
20141112_172515.jpg 20141112_173726.jpg

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, my camera sucks...but 8 hours later, forced patina, painted the grooves and the background of the logo, a little patina got onto the outer circle of the mountain but oh well....clear coated, dried...and still fires great!
View attachment 8760 View attachment 8761
Looks great. I love perusing the thread of everybody doing this to their mods.
Did you do the atty too? Or is that just special glass for the tank?

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looks great. I love perusing the thread of everybody doing this to their mods.
Did you do the atty too? Or is that just special glass for the tank?
did a patina on the atty too, the bottom of it, the top I just buffed out to match the copper on the mod. Brass, copper, patina and red are the colors of her now....I have now named her, Betsy....I love her and she loves me back....hehehehe, now going to go buy another copper mod to try a different technique for super blues!

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah Ace many still wearing shorts here but I am a wimp! I hate having to wear so many clothes it's hard to move.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
snow headed towards Oregon tonight...yay my heater went out this morning....

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
snow headed towards Oregon tonight...yay my heater went out this morning....

Heater went out...that sucks....it's way to cold...you own or rent? mine went out last year but I buy that service guard from electric company so they come out next day and fix...my worry is every year I screw something up and bust a pipe from cold weather :)

D

Donald Bickers

I am in Colorado and pass few years we get a few good snow storms and that's it...in the past years when I was a kid we would get blasted pretty good with snow and blizzards. Were over due for a bad winter
im in Iowa and last year we saw 45 below wind chills,,,,i hope it aint no worse this year

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's crazy cold...whelp..need to start using some vacation days because I am not going out in no -45 wind chill.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Heater went out...that sucks....it's way to cold...you own or rent? mine went out last year but I buy that service guard from electric company so they come out next day and fix...my worry is every year I screw something up and bust a pipe from cold weather :)
unfortunately....i own the place lol....guess good ol Celtie won't be getting anything for Christmas other than the heater working. Damn it! lol

D

Donald Bickers

That's crazy cold...whelp..need to start using some vacation days because I am not going out in no -45 wind chill.
I hear ya,,,,there is just no good way to be out in that,,,,i manage a mobile home park,and guess what happens when its that cold,,,,,fuckin sux

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Deferring my student loans for a while... Only working part time and still only able to work half that

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
unfortunately....i own the place lol....guess good ol Celtie won't be getting anything for Christmas other than the heater working. Damn it! lol

Every electric company had some type of service guard plan that you can add on to your account and use it right away. Just saying...don't out of pocket that if you don't have to. For me, was live and learn when shit broke lol someone body likes to hide my tools, guess that means I am not so handy heh

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Every electric company had some type of service guard plan that you can add on to your account and use it right away. Just saying...don't out of pocket that if you don't have to. For me, was live and learn when shit broke lol someone body likes to hide my tools, guess that means I am not so handy heh
we just let our damn home shield plan laps...gonna call them in the morning and get it started back up, then wait a week and call in a claim on the heater....i loved home shield...except when we needed a plumber, they kept sending the stupidest people on earth lol. Also going to order a cord of firewood in the morning lol.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
we just let our damn home shield plan laps...gonna call them in the morning and get it started back up, then wait a week and call in a claim on the heater....i loved home shield...except when we needed a plumber, they kept sending the stupidest people on earth lol. Also going to order a cord of firewood in the morning lol.

here's what you do, call them, tell them to get you back on your plan and that you have a baby in the house...make them relate to your problem, they will hook you up :( I don't no, I deal with people on the phone all day...I don't stop till I get my way, so usually it's supervisor I am dealing with and there cupcakes

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Oddly, where I'm from is about the same distance to the Arctic Circle as where you are @jensy but the coldest I every recall it getting in the winter was about 1.5 degrees. Odd that

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh aye, back from my fraternity meeting.....hello again.

VU Sponsors