Become a Patron!

Alternate Universe

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks M-cat. I have errands today, going to stop at the vape shop and see what I can see. @Just Me That one is cute, I was thinking that same thing with leggings since my mini dress days are over. lol But I got a couple of their super sale tops and they were VERY thin fabric, didn't like them at all.
Thanks for the warning!! Ya I am way to old for mini dresses but I do love leggins even if hubby calls them slut pants ugh he has no fashion sense!! BTW my friend liked the site as well thank you so much!! go to www.nordstromrack.com they are having a huge sale My friend says now is when you buy.. (i never shop there she is on the preffered customer list)

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Anyone use Vapor4life ever?? They just sent me an email they miss me so I get 50% off anything code is missyou LOL i haven't ordered from them in years, did get some juice at a fest only because they were in the booth next to me.

D

Donald Bickers

Anyone use Vapor4life ever?? They just sent me an email they miss me so I get 50% off anything code is missyou LOL i haven't ordered from them in years, did get some juice at a fest only because they were in the booth next to me.
I have not ever used them,,,,,went to their website,,,and this is just an opinion,,but a company that their revenue is mostly cigalike ,,,,kinda just turns me off

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
apathetic-donut.png

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just got off the phone with the company handling my Social Security Disability Insurance claim...

I originally filed in July of 2013. I was declined (normal) and appealed in June of 2014. I was declined again (normal) and now we are finaling the final appeal.

At the end of the call, she told me that the SSDI offices are backlogged and that my local office is currently quoting 15 months until a hearing date!!! I can't imagine what a family would do without the disability insurance that we have!!!

holy-crap-on-a-cracker-penny-quotes1.jpg

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Just got off the phone with the company handling my Social Security Disability Insurance claim...

I originally filed in July of 2013. I was declined (normal) and appealed in June of 2014. I was declined again (normal) and now we are finaling the final appeal.

At the end of the call, she told me that the SSDI offices are backlogged and that my local office is currently quoting 15 months until a hearing date!!! I can't imagine what a family would do without the disability insurance that we have!!!

holy-crap-on-a-cracker-penny-quotes1.jpg
Took me five years. Only two after I hired an attorney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Took me five years. Only two after I hired an attorney.

My disability insurance company requires you to file within 90 days and has a company that they hook you up with to manage the case soon thereafter.

The ins co is motivated to get me on SSDI as fast as possible because they get to take off my SSDI payments from what they pay me.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Aye

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

sorry to hear that, IMI. are you using an atty?

i was fortunate, though i'd say something else, not being agnostic. ;)

can you have your case transferred? i lived in king county, but drew the spokane office for my examiner. as soon as i got my examiner's number, i called her and laid out my case 2 ways. i made sure she understood everything and gave her doctor notes that supported my claim. i walked her through the process, correcting her when needed and dug out some very old hospital files, when that hospital didn't respond. she got my case near the end of january and had completed her report one month later, though she should've been done sooner. i had to coax her along. 3 times she told me she would have it finished and she didn't. i'm not a total idiot, close though, so i just pressed her to get it done. i made sure that she covered both examples and she did.

the doctors approved me that day they got my file.

you have to pretend that your examiner is a jury and lay out your case. being younger doesn't help, cuz they think retraining before paying. if your examiner is on board, it's hard to lose. but they are crusty and hardened public servants. the more you talk to them, the more you get a feel for what they are thinking. you need to make it personal. it's easy to dismiss a case number, but hard to dismiss a living person.

and if you are like me, they'll dread talking to you, cuz you can make them feel like they are in the wrong, if they don't help. lawyers don't really give a crap, either. just another case to them.

most folks don't even know they can go over the case with the examiners. do some research, find out what you need and make sure the examiner gets it. if they really understand your case, they have to live with turning you down. if they don't understand it, then, in their eyes, you're just another person trying to get ssdi. you have to stand out from those people. don't rely on anyone else! find out what standards are used in your case and make sure that your examiner knows them, too. i did that and it paid off in spades. an atty would have just been in the way.

if i can help with any brainstorming, let me know.

i'm not just another pretty face! :p

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

can you have your case transferred? i lived in king county, but drew the spokane office for my examiner. as soon as i got my examiner's number, i called her and laid out my case 2 ways. i made sure she understood everything and gave her doctor notes that supported my claim. i walked her through the process, correcting her when needed and dug out some very old hospital files, when that hospital didn't respond. she got my case near the end of january and had completed her report one month later, though she should've been done sooner. i had to coax her along. 3 times she told me she would have it finished and she didn't. i'm not a total idiot, close though, so i just pressed her to get it done. i made sure that she covered both examples and she did.

you have to pretend that your examiner is a jury and lay out your case. being younger doesn't help, cuz they think retraining before paying. if your examiner is on board, it's hard to lose. but they are crusty and hardened public servants. the more you talk to them, the more you get a feel for what they are thinking. you need to make it personal. it's easy to dismiss a case number, but hard to dismiss a living person.

and if you are like me, they'll dread talking to you, cuz you can make them feel like they are in the wrong, if they don't help. lawyers don't really give a crap, either. just another case to them.

most folks don't even know they can go over the case with the examiners. do some research, find out what you need and make sure the examiner gets it. if they really understand your case, they have to live with turning you down. if they don't understand it, then, in their eyes, you're just another person trying to get ssdi. you have to stand out from those people. don't rely on anyone else! find out what standards are used in your case and make sure that your examiner knows them, too. i did that and it paid off in spades. an atty would have just been in the way.

Thanks. At this level I'll apparently have a couple of attorney's working on the case. The company specializes in SSDI claims and is incentivized by the ins co to get the SSDI case approved so that they don't have to pay me as much money each month themselves.

They have been handling the case from the beginning and call me periodically to review the file pretty much line by line and capture any changes that have taken place since the last call.

Unfortunately for most people back issues are an automatic denial by SSDI until you get to the judicial review stage. At this stage the company has a 75% win rate.

In the end the biggest difference that it will make for me personally is the amount of money that I collect from SSI after I turn 65 except for a slight difference in how much I pay in taxes each year.

I just feel bad for the people that don't have the disability insurance policy that I have that preserved 2/3rds of my income.

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. At this level I'll apparently have a couple of attorney's working on the case. The company specializes in SSDI claims and is incentivized by the ins co to get the SSDI case approved so that they don't have to pay me as much money each month themselves.

They have been handling the case from the beginning and call me periodically to review the file pretty much line by line and capture any changes that have taken place since the last call.

Unfortunately for most people back issues are an automatic denial by SSDI until you get to the judicial review stage. At this stage the company has a 75% win rate.

In the end the biggest difference that it will make for me personally is the amount of money that I collect from SSI after I turn 65 except for a slight difference in how much I pay in taxes each year.

I just feel bad for the people that don't have the disability insurance policy that I have that preserved 2/3rds of my income.

i learned, from the one atty that i liked, that the best way to find out what an examiner needs, is to ask them. atty's tend to "fight" the "opposition" instead of helping them. i did that with the nlrb, back in my union days. hotel managers and hr folks dropped like flies. i would always hear the xecs, at trust meetings, whining about me clobbering them over the head.

i would recommend that you double check what the atty's tell you. you have balance problems, as well. don't let the atty's focus just on the back. as my dear friend, george smith would tell me, it's pretty hard to duck a shotgun blast. that's why i made sure my examiner followed a case of "progressive heart failure, along with the damage to my heart. i gave her that entire case, along with what she was looking at. 2 cases were better than one.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My disability insurance company requires you to file within 90 days and has a company that they hook you up with to manage the case soon thereafter.

The ins co is motivated to get me on SSDI as fast as possible because they get to take off my SSDI payments from what they pay me.
How can they force 90 days when it takes you being off a year before SSDI pays? I understand that if your doctors, and SSDI's, believe you are permanent you can file earlier than a year, but they still wont pay for that first year. And then, you have to be eligible for at least 2 years before you will get Medicare..

Not a Vet are you?

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sweetie, you need to get the fuck outa PA....it's a crap state unless you're the "right" people and have $$$.
Not to mention the corrosive streets and such...
It's truly funny how I have been trying to contact this pelvic pain doctor for months now and not gotten a response even though I send them paperwork but as soon as the Dr calls they call me right back

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

My mother had a stroke 3 years ago has been unable to work and they still won't accept her claim. She can't drive she can't remember what happened yesterday. ridiculous

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@cherrycakes sorry to hear that the sleeping is going bad. I finally reached a point recently where I decided that I just have to lie in the bed in the most comfortable position I can muster and at least try to get some rest... I have been cheating some and playing a little sudoku though ;)
I finally passed out around six this morning and just woke up I figure I'm making up for lost time

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i learned, from the one atty that i liked, that the best way to find out what an examiner needs, is to ask them. atty's tend to "fight" the "opposition" instead of helping them. i did that with the nlrb, back in my union days. hotel managers and hr folks dropped like flies. i would always hear the xecs, at trust meetings, whining about me clobbering them over the head.

i would recommend that you double check what the atty's tell you. you have balance problems, as well. don't let the atty's focus just on the back. as my dear friend, george smith would tell me, it's pretty hard to duck a shotgun blast. that's why i made sure my examiner followed a case of "progressive heart failure, along with the damage to my heart. i gave her that entire case, along with what she was looking at. 2 cases were better than one.
They have much more than the back, they have the balance, migraines, neuropathy, memory, cognitive impairment, documentation of my functional capacity, documentation of my cognitive impairment, my mood disorder, asperger's syndrome, and a few other issues.

The primary issue is that with my education and background each of the denials at the lower levels is simply a test of whether I have the potential to earn more than like $1000 per month working part time.

I agree that the next level is the much more important one, and when it gets closer I will be intimately involved. My OCD prevents me from doing anything less. I'm just not going to remember of this in a couple of days anyway, so no sense getting worked up about it now especially since it doesn't make much of a financial impact today. When it comes time, I'll be busy though. ;)

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The pelvic pain doctor does not take insurance so it's probably going to be put off until we get our tax refund.

my mother wants me to contact a disability attorney but I don't know how we can make it if I'm not working and you have to not work for certain amount of time to qualify.

its been 3 years and she still hasn't gotten her disability.

Fuck my life

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

They have rules.. Its fairly clearly written out what and what will not qualify. I agree that its up to you to make sure they get what they need to approve you under the rules. Even if they agree with you personally, and you dont provide the correct info or that piece of evidence, they cannot approve you. The Age thing IS real however. 50 yrs old is the dividing line where the burdens become MUCH easier. Not 49yr and 364days, but 50yrs AT TIME OF FILING.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How can they force 90 days when it takes you being off a year before SSDI pays? I understand that if your doctors, and SSDI's, believe you are permanent you can file earlier than a year, but they still wont pay for that first year. And then, you have to be eligible for at least 2 years before you will get Medicare..

Not a Vet are you?
SSDI's waiting period for filing is 6 months and then they go back to the first documented day of missed work. Because I have a surgery date with a transition to short term disability, my documented day is the day after my surgery.

It actually can hurt you to wait longer than the 6 month mark if you don't have a documentable disability start date because then the date of record becomes the initial filing date.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I finally passed out around six this morning and just woke up I figure I'm making up for lost time
Did that last week after they changed my meds. I think I slept like 60 hours in 3 days. Felt great! Now I'm back to about 2-3 hours a day, but I think that the forcing myself to log off the computer and turn off the TV and lay down is helping overall even if I do end up playing sudoku most of the night.

It's a different kind of mental engagement.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They have rules.. Its fairly clearly written out what and what will not qualify. I agree that its up to you to make sure they get what they need to approve you under the rules. Even if they agree with you personally, and you dont provide the correct info or that piece of evidence, they cannot approve you. The Age thing IS real however. 50 yrs old is the dividing line where the burdens become MUCH easier. Not 49yr and 364days, but 50yrs AT TIME OF FILING.
Yep, and I was 43 when I filed.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I can't sleep but when I don't sleep I get all mentally fucked up ,thinking about killing myself, crying all day etc. Add constant pain on top of that its no wonder I'm pissing off my husband , I can't even stand myself I can see myself veering off into crazyland and unable to stop it

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
SSDI's waiting period for filing is 6 months and then they go back to the first documented day of missed work. Because I have a surgery date with a transition to short term disability, my documented day is the day after my surgery.

It actually can hurt you to wait longer than the 6 month mark if you don't have a documentable disability start date because then the date of record becomes the initial filing date.
They will not pay you for the first year...

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have to say I prefer the mefenamic acid to the other NSAID s. The naproxen sodium doesn't do shit and the mistoprostol diclofenac fucks up my stomach

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's truly funny how I have been trying to contact this pelvic pain doctor for months now and not gotten a response even though I send them paperwork but as soon as the Dr calls they call me right back

Doctors usually don't talk to patients, only to each other. Thus, Referrals. ;-)

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They will not pay you for the first year...
I've been told by the SSDI examiners that because of my documentation that they will go back to the first day I was not working.

I've also been told that on multiple times by my insurance company because they want me to understand that they get all of the back pay I'll have coming since they have been paying me since I stopped working.

From your comments it sounds like you have some experience with this either personally or through a family member or friend. Do you know what the circumstances were?

Also note that my claim qualifies for SSDI Retroactive pay in addition to SSDI back pay. They are different and not everybody is eligable for SSDI Retroactive pay.

There is also a difference between benefits you can get for being disabled under SSI versus the benefits you get through SSDI. I have not researched SSI disability related benefits because they are not relevant to me. When my son gets older I will become much more versed in them though since he will most likely qualify.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Liked it, but hope this discussion isn't coming off as angry. I'm certainly not angry, and I apologize if I haven't noticed that anyone else might be, especially if I made them angry... It's happened before... :D

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been told by the SSDI examiners that because of my documentation that they will go back to the first day I was not working.

I've also been told that on multiple times by my insurance company because they want me to understand that they get all of the back pay I'll have coming since they have been paying me since I stopped working.

From your comments it sounds like you have some experience with this either personally or through a family member or friend. Do you know what the circumstances were?

Also note that my claim qualifies for SSDI Retroactive pay in addition to SSDI back pay. They are different and not everybody is eligable for SSDI Retroactive pay.

There is also a difference between benefits you can get for being disabled under SSI versus the benefits you get through SSDI. I have not researched SSI disability related benefits because they are not relevant to me. When my son gets older I will become much more versed in them though since he will most likely qualify.
They will go back to the day you last worked IF that day is determined to be your Disability date. They will use your Filling Date if no disability date can be nailed down prior to the filling date. Shit, they can even use a date AFTER your filling date if its determined that you were disabled AFTER filling. This happens, say, if for some reason you dont get to the doctors for that crucial Functional Capacity test until after filing and the Judge uses that test to determine eligibility (The examiners cannot use it, because they are only there to determine that you were disabled at, or prior to, the date of filing)... Then, they subtract one year and that is the date you start your payments. (Note, they cannot go back farther than the last day you worked because, well, you working means you are not disabled.) Also, eligibility for Medicare is 2yrs from your Disability date (or filing date if no Disability date can be determined) So, lets say you stopped working June 1st 2012 and you were found to be disabled on that day also (remember, it cant go farther even if you were disabled sooner) and finally get approval through the Admin Judge say, Feb 1 2015. Your date to start payments would be retroactive to June 2nd 2013. Your eligibility for Medicare would be July 1st 2014 since you must be eligible for SSDI for 2yrs before you get Medicare.

Also, if you are disabled for MORE than a year before you file, they can only pay you up to the Filing date as they are not allowed to go back more than one year prior to the filing date. IE: You were disabled, not working, and found to be disabled June 1st 2012, but for some reason decided not to file until June 1st 2014, they can only start the clock going back to June 2nd 2013. Take away the the first year for payments, and you would start to get paid beginning June 2nd 2014 and not be eligible for Medicare until June 1st 2015..

Any of this make sense? And yes, I have been through it and I use to help out other Vets go through it (see my link in my sig)

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

it may be clearly written, but i know of just as many folks on disability, that don't deserve it, as i do folks that do, but can't get it. that's why i said you need to view your case examiner like a jury. they view many different cases and they get bogged down. you have to make them confident that you are not only qualified, but worth the extra effort to push your file to the top. i built my case for her, so she could present it, as if she majored in heart failure, and she could sum up my case in a paragraph. i had done that with nlrb agents. i also had to call her and keep her working on it. she told me she would be done on feb 14. she wasn't.

i remember that day, cuz Kelli got a banned at ecf, that afternoon. despite spending 3 hours on the phone with the owner of a vape store in colorado, i still made sure to call and check on my case. she wasn't done, the next 3 times i called, either. i kept at it. she kept talking about priorities. i did my best to make her feel that my case was a priority. i provided any relevant documents that she needed.

i had my decision letter within 2 1/2 months of applying. shoulda been 2, but i won't quibble with that! i pretty much set my case up, so that any appeal would be easy. all of the evidence was in.

age was an important factor. i was 55. too old to have to go through retraining.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't sleep but when I don't sleep I get all mentally fucked up ,thinking about killing myself, crying all day etc. Add constant pain on top of that its no wonder I'm pissing off my husband , I can't even stand myself I can see myself veering off into crazyland and unable to stop it

I just wish I could do something for you, I hate hearing your pain and sad thoughts, please know we love you Cherry!!!

tumblr_m94vx1h9LY1qj73e2o1_500_zps366370da.gif

VU Sponsors