Become a Patron!

Alternate Universe

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Apropos of nothing, this:

31kRPJcX7iL.jpg

Arrived today (Sunday) and was up and running in 20 minutes. It's the size of a router and replaces an enormous tower running dual hi-res monitors. Even has room for a second internal HDD so I can set up auto backups. Can't believe these days you can get a complete NUC system including full OS for $180. I thought Chromebox was a revelation, but this is ridiculous. :D

Last edited:

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yea

31kRPJcX7iL.jpg

Arrived today (Sunday) and was up and running in 20 minutes. It's the size of a router and replaces an enormous tower with Linux running dual hi-res monitors. Can't believe you can get a complete NUC system including full OS for $180. Chromebox was a revelation, but this is ridiculous. :D
I think that the Zotac has actually been around longer. Has been in the background of HTPC computers for about 8 years or so. Had looked at them at one point for boxes in my HTPC network, but they were not able to be used as a Windows Media Center Extender so I went the Xbox 360, and any old box route instead.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

31kRPJcX7iL.jpg

Arrived today (Sunday) and was up and running in 20 minutes. It's the size of a router and replaces an enormous tower with Linux running dual hi-res monitors. Can't believe these days you can get a complete NUC system including full OS for $180. I thought Chromebox was a revelation, but this is ridiculous. :D
Which one did you get? I got one of these about 3 weeks ago when they were $200 plus $20 rebate:

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KU54KPQ/

51SNGtOCvuL._SL1000_.jpg

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea

I think that the Zotac has actually been around longer. Has been in the background of HTPC computers for about 8 years or so. Had looked at them at one point for boxes in my HTPC network, but they were not able to be used as a Windows Media Center Extender so I went the Xbox 360, and any old box route instead.

Yeah Zotac and the form factor has been around quite a while, but look at the specs and price point. Don't care what you say, that my friend is something new. I feel like a dope having built an HTPC in the past year.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Why do scotsmen wear kilts??

The sound of a zipper scares the sheep.

@franciscan have you checked out stillwater kilts? Very inexpensive and decent quality for the price. Limited tartans though.
I have a kilt by them, two leather ones from R-Kilt, two Utilikilts, seven from Locharron.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
HI JENSY!

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a kilt by them, two leather ones from R-Kilt, two Utilikilts, seven from Locharron.

Thats quite a collection. Right now I just have tje 1 UK. Planning on a black watch and a black from stillwater.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I still have my mess dress BW from my army days

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK, so I am ignorant, if a girl wears underwear it's called a skirt but if a Scottish man where's it with no under wear it's called a Kilt? If a women wears a kilt with no under wear what's that called?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Kilts have an apron flap in front and are worn with a belt. Killed skirts are pleated all the way around. Women do NOT EVER wear Kilts in Scotland. Men wearing nowt anur the kilt is a myth. The Highland regiments used to prescribe the wearing of the kilt sans knickers, but that was changed a long time ago...hence the term "regimental".

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Och, I'm just quite modest in public. Wearing a kilt regimentally is a mostly American thing. My man at Locharron told me once that the US accounts for over 75% of sales of Scottish made Kilts.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Most American men own Pakistani made synthetic tartan. A proper 5 yard kilt made from Scottish Strome weight wool runs around $700.00 or more.

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm.... I think not everyone wears their kilt the same.
Been there and have seen that. ;)
Was a fun way to spend New Years.
I have to agree with you LD. I used to be married to a Scot and none of them wore anything under their kilts .

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Except I was in Scotland.
I believe I was the only American there which they all got a big kick out of.
Weird being there and being the one with the accent.
Och, I'm just quite modest in public. Wearing a kilt regimentally is a mostly American thing. My man at Locharron told me once that the US accounts for over 75% of sales of Scottish made Kilts.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was reading a man in a kilt is a man and a half and worn for special occasion. Makes sense I suppose that a Scottish women would not wear a kilt or I am also guessing it would mean she's ready and it would be disrespectful, of course an American women wearing a skirt with no under wear would also mean she was ready...hmmm....

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The northwest Highlands have a different code than the south. We still sire men and ladies up there. Sassenachs are a great deal more.......shall we say........loose.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I was reading a man in a kilt is a man and a half and worn for special occasion. Makes sense I suppose that a Scottish women would not wear a kilt or I am also guessing it would mean she's ready and it would be disrespectful, of course an American women wearing a skirt with no under wear would also mean she was ready...hmmm....
I'm just an unspectacular man with Kilts. No manlier than most. In some cases much less. I rarely wear mine. As I get older I feel like an eedjit when I wear one. I also detest my Scottishness......I'm an American now.

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The northwest Highlands have a different code than the south. We still sire men and ladies up there. Sassenachs are a great deal more.......shall we say........loose.

Watch it now . The way they drank it was only a matter of time before one was flipped up for all to see. I also have seen way to many rigby matches played while the kilts were worn, nuff said.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Sorry I made a topic of it.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm just an unspectacular man with Kilts. No manlier than most. In some cases much less. I rarely wear mine. As I get older I feel like an eedjit when I wear one. I also detest my Scottishness......I'm an American now.

Well all jokes aside I do find it fascinating.....the jokes are just part of my dirty mind lol
I like to keep it real and have a better read of how people really are, I don't like plastic people :)

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
G'night folks...

Ferguson, MO might become chaotic and spill over...being ever so vigilant today.

Stay safe folks!

VU Sponsors