Alternate Universe

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
How does a series about outlaw bikers have almost no one riding motorbikes?

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And midnight is back.bwahahhahahah
Come with me... You cannot look away... Come with me..

tumblr_lm2pnjjmgC1qa5rnho1_400.gif

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Its 2:30am and I have a 7am.. Nite.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I love Volbeat! I have a very close lady friend in Copenhagen that I visit somewhat regularly....saw them at Roskilde before they hit it big.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I love Punk/Rockabilly and Metal/Rockabilly

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
And what is your taste in music lass?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I grew up (or at least attempted to) listening to punk...but also English bands like Led Zeppelin and the Stones...various others. What really shook us to the core was Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings....the country crossover outlaws. We called that kind of music "Screw And Smash"

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
We must not be that far apart age-wise (just let me assume that....dont confirm or deny)
I am also a SERIOUS Stray Cat's/Brian Setzer Orchestra fan

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It is all mood dependent. I will listen to Christian Alternative all day....then switch to Rammstein in the evening. Or Gene Vincent to Black Keys. Johnny Cash to Tool.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I also dig classical and monastic music

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am just teasing you !!! I have to go stargazing with my dogs for their last run of the night . Chat later. Nite xoxo

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Agreed..

When my wife was diagnosed, they gave her a ride all the way to University of Chicago where they did more blood work and the Endoscopic Ultrasound and biopsy to comfirm.. They were suppose to also do the surgery right away. Well, they didnt. They made us come back 2 weeks later.. THEN, they waited again while they looked to see if she would be a good candidate for a Trial. After they told her she was, but she would still most likely die ("But hon, you would be helping others.. Think of all the information we would learn from you." - Exact quote :eek:) we refused and asked for the surgery. They said 'Ok' after a bit of prodding and, a MONTH after diagnosis, but said they couldnt do it laparoscopiclly and would have to cut her open from belly button to ribcage :eek:. Um, No. I ended up driving her all the way to John Hopkins in Baltimore (12hr drive, straight through) to see a surgeon who not only said he could do it laparoscopiclly, he could schedule and do it it with in a week... Guess what we did :)

Its ALL in finding the right doctor and the willingness to go where and do what it takes.

One of the many bottom lines is; just because someone managed to become a Doctor, does not mean they are actually any good at it. ;-)

Also, some are book-learned and can't think out of the box to diagnose, while some are just cruising through and throw pills at folks because the BP reps tell them to. Others have a god-complex and just can't admit that they just don't know things out of pride. Some are just inept and might have graduated bottom of their class for all you know. Or, went into a field, then changed to another to make more money or find easier work. It's a crapshoot.

American healthcare is a for-profit industry, unfortunately. Which makes it a jungle of conflict.
But, just having money isn't always great either..just ask Phyllis Diller...oh wait...

The best doctors don't usually work cheap, or in in small towns or crappy areas unless it's a hot area for research and/or teaching. Doctors crave fame and renown too...

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Never be afraid that the top medical people are 'not available' or 'not willing' to work with you..Here is the guy I found to do Sherri's surgery and care.. VERY nice and VERY helpful fellow. Just 'cause he did Supreme Court and Senator's surgeries, didnt mean he didnt have time for us 'little people'.. Love the man :) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marty_Makary
We all look the same under the hood!

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good Morning!.................Wednesday's worse...................

"Experience is the only teacher that gives the test first and the lesson later."

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow that is old country. I grew up with punk as well but left it behind. Stones ,Lynyrd Skynyrd, John Cougar Mellacamp, Van Halen, Rod Stewart, Fleetwood Mac, all those I still love and many, many more.
Ya babee.. Good music :)

VU Sponsors