Become a Patron!

Alternate Universe

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Religion, Politics...Always up for debate...I know who I am, so be whoever you want.......we all have our opinions and I will not argue those topics, it's pointless to push our beliefs on anyone. Trying to watch the game, "DVR...I am behind actual time :)
I agree with you, Thomas. But I didn't hear any debates or arguments. Just innocent curiosity. Actually, it felt to me like a healthy, mature conversation lol

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@kelli before you go night night, a weird thing happened on the MFS site. Somehow, it looks like I got 4 pks with the discount. I placed 2 different orders for 2 by mistake but the code worked twice. You might be able to place another order tomorrow.

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dont lose a pound. ..you'll be in negatives!
bouncing_smiley_emoticon.gif

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No it's not. How did you make out with your son Snoopy ?
Mostly good news. His x-rays still show that he is backed up but the obstruction is gone. Hopefully he will getting moving good soon (pun intended).

All the labs so far have come back negative but the one for Celiac Disease won't be back for a couple of days. Really hope that one does not come back positive because trying to get him on a gluten free diet would be a real challenge.

The big thing right now is that because he doesn't have control over his bowels, school doesn't want to take the responsibility of caring for him or putting him through the social issues that would happen if he has issues. He has to be checked and cleaned up at least once per hour so we were not surprised. Just have to work out something to keep him current.

He doesn't take all of the classes though and the ones he does take he does pretty well in, especially math, he's a wiz kid in math. We meet with the school after Thanksgiving break to see how he is doing and then brainstorm ways to catch him up and continue on if he can't return to school yet.

Thanks for asking :)

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The forum decided it no longer liked my email address so it wouldn't let me participate on the forum.
I could log in to my account but I could only talk with people that I had previously had PM with.
That's why and how I was able to ask @jensy to help put the word out there that I was having trouble.

Thanks again jensy. You're a great friend and I loves you;)
That's one of the benefits of owning a domain, I can make up e-mail address as I need them. Frequently do it for any mailing lists I sign up for so that I can kill them whenever I want to :)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I realise that some people would like answers to previous posts. As an Apologetic, I would be so inclined...as I DO have the answer to every single one. However I will not answer any of them as the answers are not what some of you want to hear...and I will not satisfy anyone's desire to seek their self validation. Some of you have innocent questions...one of you feels that God has fucked you over...or perhaps a loved one. My explanation wont make any of that any more consoling than if I said nothing at all. Faith has all of the answers....I cannae improve on that.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I will address the subject of Excommunication. One cannot excommunicate themselves...that has to be an act of Pontifical Rite. One can only be excommunicated if they have committed blasphemy and refuses to make an Act Of Contrition. This is spelled out in the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Blasphemy is defined as attributing a Holy Act, or Holy Name to Satan or his agents. Whilst this takes you out of communion with the Catholic Church...it does not eliminate one's soul from salvation providing one returns to God. Being in God's Grace is not solely the auspice of the Roman Catholic Church, but simply the acknowledgement of the divinity of the seven Sacraments as described by the Catechism.

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heres where I disagree Franci . A) Kelli say's she used to be catholic B) you say she still is My point is I think she would know better than you. Now the your point was if they do not practice being catholic then they have fallen away.

I disagree because I was baptized Catholic, raised catholic, when to catholic school, went to church I was a catholic. I am no longer a catholic !!! I have not fallen in any sense of the word.God has done nothing bad to me or a family member I believe wholeheartedly in God and I am very spiritual . I do not like man's rules or power (religion) to tell me how to believe and how to praise or pray . So am I still a Catholic ?

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mostly good news. His x-rays still show that he is backed up but the obstruction is gone. Hopefully he will getting moving good soon (pun intended).

All the labs so far have come back negative but the one for Celiac Disease won't be back for a couple of days. Really hope that one does not come back positive because trying to get him on a gluten free diet would be a real challenge.

The big thing right now is that because he doesn't have control over his bowels, school doesn't want to take the responsibility of caring for him or putting him through the social issues that would happen if he has issues. He has to be checked and cleaned up at least once per hour so we were not surprised. Just have to work out something to keep him current.

He doesn't take all of the classes though and the ones he does take he does pretty well in, especially math, he's a wiz kid in math. We meet with the school after Thanksgiving break to see how he is doing and then brainstorm ways to catch him up and continue on if he can't return to school yet.

Thanks for asking :)
Well I guess that is good news. Poor muffin .

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I realise that some people would like answers to previous posts. As an Apologetic, I would be so inclined...as I DO have the answer to every single one. However I will not answer any of them as the answers are not what some of you want to hear...and I will not satisfy anyone's desire to seek their self validation. Some of you have innocent questions...one of you feels that God has fucked you over...or perhaps a loved one. My explanation wont make any of that any more consoling than if I said nothing at all. Faith has all of the answers....I cannae improve on that.
^^answered already^^

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I met a man the other day...he was wearing women's clothing. He must be a woman now.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Disagreements and downturned thumbs are quite alright :)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
This "$100 Apple Pie" juice is genius imo!

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Disagreements and downturned thumbs are quite alright :)
Honestly, you could have picked something better, with your intelligence.

And I'm not being sarcastic.

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am disappointed you will not answer . You know I think kindly of you Franci so no worries about an argument . Your paragraph does not apply to me really. I have no agenda, I only have love for God and do not feel fucked over by him , and I am not seeking self validation . Faith does have many answers . Leave hubris out of this . I will ask one more time . Am I still a catholic ?

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am disappointed you will not answer . You know I think kindly of you Franci so no worries about an argument . Your paragraph does not apply to me really. I have no agenda, I only have love for God and do not feel fucked over by him , and I am not seeking self validation . Faith does have many answers . Leave hubris out of this . I will ask one more time . Am I still a catholic ?
Why do you need anyone's affirmation of what you are or aren't?

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
After reading back through the posts on this topic, I'm pretty sure that some of your post was about my statements, so even though I may be wrong, I will say that I don't think God has fucked me over.

I will say that my family has been through a lot, a small piece of which I have shared, but there is much more that I haven't. I don't think that deciding to be agnostic indicates that I have turned my back on God, but I have turned my back on religion and they are distinctly different things.

I am a firm believer that God does not have a plan for every single step of every person's life though, and I hate hearing people say "if God wills it" or givng praise to him for any success they have or good thing that happens to them. I equally hate hearing when people believe that God has forsaken them because of any negatives or setbacks in their lives.

I have read enough different versions of the bible to understand that each church/religion has made changes to the interpretation to suit their needs or desires, and I do not like the discrimination that is common in religion, especially by those who believe that all things are done by the will of God. Simply because if God willed all things then they should accept that God made some people gay, or that God wills for some women to spread "his" word.

Please do not mistake my use of quotation marks as diminishing my recognition of God, but simply recognition of the fact that God is just as likely to be male, female, hermaphrodite, or even sexless.

I really respect your restraint given your faith and choice to be a man of God and appreciate the fact that you do not seek to preach to those who are not interested in being preached to.

My relationship with God is just that, my relationship. Thank you for respecting that.

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
After reading back through the posts on this topic, I'm pretty sure that some of your post was about my statements, so even though I may be wrong, I will say that I don't think God has fucked me over.

I will say that my family has been through a lot, a small piece of which I have shared, but there is much more that I haven't. I don't think that deciding to be agnostic indicates that I have turned my back on God, but I have turned my back on religion and they are distinctly different things.

I am a firm believer that God does not have a plan for every single step of every person's life though, and I hate hearing people say "if God wills it" or givng praise to him for any success they have or good thing that happens to them. I equally hat hearing when people believe that God has forsaken them because of any negatives or setbacks in their lives.

I have read enough different versions of the bible to understand that each church/religion has made changes to the interpretation to suit their needs or desires, and I do not like the discrimination that is common in religion, especially by those who believe that all things are done by the will of God. Simply because if God willed all things then they should accept that God made some people gay, or that God wills for some women to spread "his" word.

Please do not mistake my use of quotation marks as diminishing my recognition of God, but simply recognition of the fact that God is just as likely to be male, female, hermaphrodite, or even sexless.

I really respect your restraint given your faith and choice to be a man of God and appreciate the fact that you do not seek to preach to those who are not interested in being preached to.

My relationship with God is just that, my relationship. Thank you for respecting that.
Bingo.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I am not the Vicar of VU, nor do I want to be. I have never made a secret out of what I do.....what I do is WHO I am. Whilst this may seem odd having said all of that...I sincerely could not give a Shanghai shit what anyone believes or does. I love everyone with every ounce of my being. I do not GET some people, or what they do or did...but that does not change how I feel about them, nor does it define who they are. I am a humble slave and if through my actions, someone finds peace....perfect. If not, they get prayed for nonetheless. I am an agent of God, not the institutional church (notice I did not capitalise church then). The Church is the people....all else is a building with a dogma that in some cases, TRY'S it's best to faithfully communicate the Gospel through words...and demonstrate It by actions.........more often than not, it fails..........as do all of us.
I would appreciate it if this can close the topic at least in regards to ME being involved.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you sweetie. And you look absolutely stunning!

A freak of nature and not a Catholic.

So stinking happy to be back in the mix of things.:D
Ya god-rogerin' damn well are a fishy catholic :p :D

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I do not need any affirmation at all. However, Franci made a statement that was very broad and interesting. Because I use to be a catholic once and not now I thought I had a right to ask.
As I reserve the right to defer to a more appropriate time and place of my choosing.

VU Sponsors