MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
i used to be catholic......
You still are. Religion and faith drive separate vehicles. Too many Catholics forget that Christ inspired the Catechism...not the other way around.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I used to be Catholic too, but I wasn't born into it. I got...hmmm, can't think of a good word, but when the nuns left and the lay people took over it wasn't good. At all. A bunch of megalomaniacs that weren't curtailed by the higher ups.

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I call them "fallen away". One must seek faith on their own terms...not the terms of a hierarchy.
So in your eyes once a catholic always a catholic. If a catholic does not participate, prescribe or believe the dogma of the catholic church/religion they are still a catholic only fallen away ?

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So in your eyes once a catholic always a catholic. If a catholic does not participate, prescribe or believe the dogma of the catholic church/religion they are still a catholic only fallen away ?

oh i love that movie Dogma

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know who was the original poster and it doesn't matter. I wouldn't hush anyone. I was just so devastated I had to put out a plea. I thank you for explaining and I feel bad for the original poster as well. Maybe PMs are a better idea for these kinds of things.

You're right, PMs would be a better idea. I was already upset, then aggravated by a poster or two before me who said there was no harm to the animal. Just wasn't thinking about a more discreet route. o_O

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I agree

I think some may have just lost faith but I would still consider them Catholic

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You're right, PMs would be a better idea. I was already upset, then aggravated by a poster or two before me who said there was no harm to the animal. Just wasn't thinking about a more discreet route. o_O
I understand, WestPole. Now that I know you were upset, too, it makes sense. Emotions win over and we just have to express ourselves and get it out. Thanks again, you made me feel better:)

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree

Really ! I find that fascinating. How is one ever able to not be a catholic then ? Is it one of those groups that the only way to get out is to die? The internet does not show affect so know that I am not being disrespectful when I ask.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Really ! I find that fascinating. How is one ever able to not be a catholic then ? Is it one of those groups that the only way to get out is to die? The internet does not show affect so know that I am not being disrespectful when I ask.

i think you can be ex-communicated. whatever that means. :p

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I agree

Whoa, hold that pony! I was born into a Catholic family (not my choice, by the way) and I've been a practising Buddhist for 35 years. The keyword is 'practicing'. I haven't practiced Catholicism since...........well, way back, when I was hangin' with Mahatma Gandhi. Ha ha ha:p

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Normally ex-communicated means yes you are severed from the church but by breaking their rules. I am talking about people who choose not to be catholic anymore.

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So Muth you would not consider yourself a Catholic? But you have not lost faith either, correct?

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I understand, WestPole. Now that I know you were upset, too, it makes sense. Emotions win over and we just have to express ourselves and get it out. Thanks again, you made me feel better:)

Thanks back to you. That makes me feel better. :)

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Normally ex-communicated means yes you are severed from the church but by breaking their rules. I am talking about people who choose not to be catholic anymore.

guess you could become jewish. or buddhist, as muth did.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As a Franciscan, it is my vocation to assist the marginalised in the world as much as possible in whatever way I can. Financial, spiritual....free vape goodies...and sometimes just a willing ear. Fact is, in this world, not a single person can know for sure that they will not wind up like the people that are too easily shunned and forgotten.
Yes, as I well know, life can turn on a dime... and then you wish you had a dime ;)

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
One of my favorite songs and I really love the message.

I think I always was wary about faith after being abused by the wife of a minister when I was around 5. It was shaken after 2 near death experiences when I was about 12.

After listening to the church change it's tune so much as AIDS came around and then combine that with the abuse of children by priests and I became fully agnostic and maintain that if there is a God, and I have the opportunity to meet "him" then we will have a serious chat about "his" management style...

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Faith in the "possibility?" Sounding more like an agnostic to me.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@jensy I keep meaning to ask if the mask in your avatar is your work?

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
as i get older, i become more prone to believe that God was invented by man to give him comfort. man needs to believe that there is something bigger than him in control. it keeps things......sane i guess.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A possibility of a supreme being.
Ah. From a Buddhist POV, we don't disregard or deny the existence of God or any gods (especially the good-looking Greek ones:D). Instead, we focus on the highest life condition that a human being can attain, commonly called enlightenment or Buddhahood. We honor and respect the Buddha nature that resides in all of us (even if that nature lies dormant). Instead of worshipping a one, great, supreme being, Buddhism believes that we are all potentially great, enlightened individuals. We worship the Buddha nature in each other. (That's a nutshell of an explanation, I hope you understand. But I hope I answered some of your questions:)

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Gabby loves carrots. We don't know why

13c8c83ca6e510752b0242ab932df3ca.jpg
6575f069861367c74bd446077f8f1bf4.jpg
My black cat, Cisko, loved Popcorn and Cheese.. :)

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah It was very frustrating. And because I only have and use one email address I didn't know what to do.
Glad I was able to use a different addy and have everything work out alright. Now I'll just need to tell dad what all the vaping emails are about and why he's getting them LOL
Just make a new Gmail addy..

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Religion, Politics...Always up for debate...I know who I am, so be whoever you want.......we all have our opinions and I will not argue those topics, it's pointless to push our beliefs on anyone. Trying to watch the game, "DVR...I am behind actual time :)

VU Sponsors