Become a Patron!

Alternate Universe

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was that way for a long time. Unfortunately it got to a point where being employed and keeping my family because more important than avoiding meds for the mood disorder.

The back issues demand medicines just to be able to do what amount of movement I am able to, otherwise I'd be complete bedridden and I'm not sure I could handle that at all...

The other meds are for my migraines and seizures and when I started taking them I was counting the number of days each month that I did NOT have a migraine. They were debilitating and extremely painful without the meds and it took 2 years to get me down to the 4 to 8 a month that I have now.

I hate taking meds, especially since I am up to a dozen of them when you include the couple that I take as needed and it makes me sick but I have accepted the fact that I have to take them or cease being functional and aware of what is going on around me :(
I'm sorry Snoopy that you have to take that many meds :(

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Music is my only medication apart from nicotine.
I will never medicate any other way.
I love my brain in all of its Fishee glory and embrace the madness that is me and my life.
Glad to hear that, I have a daughter who is finally coming home after a long battle with bad shit for many years, she's ready to be a mother to her son again, and I am nervous as hell.

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Glad to hear that, I have a daughter who is finally coming home after a long battle with bad shit for many years, she's ready to be a mother to her son again, and I am nervous as hell.
that's good news. just be patient and understanding. :)

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wouldn't be where I am if I wasn't

~Word~

why? you would have moved?
super_happy_dance_smiley_emoticon.gif

:p

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That being said, when I'm struggling, my family knows to give me space when I lay down with a set of speakers pointed at my head or my Bose headset on listening to Ministry, Nitzer Ebb, Rage Against the Machine, Husker Du, Front 242, or Nine Inch Nails..

Nice tunes mate....sounds like my walkman in 1991..LOL

(not many even have heard of Front 242)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I dig this tune....
(Kind of muddled sounding copy..odd since it's the Official one...sounds like 128K mp3??)

and this one....the bass is excellent with the soaring harmonies.

Lovely melanchola sort of music, but still hopeful and love his voice... :D

Last edited:

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like the lyrics, but never have cared for the type of heavy singing that they go in sort of every other verse. The music itself is good, I just don't care for the singing during those parts.

That being said, when I'm struggling, my family knows to give me space when I lay down with a set of speakers pointed at my head or my Bose headset on listening to Ministry, Nitzer Ebb, Rage Against the Machine, Husker Du, Front 242, or Nine Inch Nails.

I've gotten a lot better since taking Lexapro though. I've had a couple of bouts of going out into the garage and throwing things around, but thing have been more in control for a couple of years now...

i missed something in there. do you ever listen to bootlegs?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Bummers man, I hate being sick too. If it's just the usual cold-type thing, I'd just make some chicken soup with lots of curry, garlic and chiles. ;)

Very cute, and your have lovely cats as well. ;-)

I think the black one may need some brushing though?
They are both Russian Blues and get brushed quite often. They tend to produce ridiculous amounts of undercoat. Between the two of them, enough to kit out a Sphinx quite thoroughly.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ya all talking about leftovers, which I didn't get. So, I went and dug around and found some.

A bit of leftover brekky sausage, a few lonesome chicken nuggets. Chopped the crap out of them along with a bit of onion and cilantro.
Cut up some cheese too for torts. IDK, I prefer using a knife on cheese than grating most of the time...just faster. ;-)

Got some veggie oil hot and threw in about 1/2 tsp ea. of Sambal Olek and minced garlic. Then, pan-scrambled an egg in with it. Added the leftovers and heated it all through. Seasoned with a bit of kosher salt and black pepper.

Warmed the torts, piled in the good stuff, splash a bit of hotsauce in there and rolled 'em up. Voila...5min brekky burritos from leftovers. :)

Last edited:

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We love the Fishee madness :)

Fishee I am sitting here in my igloo and I am thinking it is the season that I should be seeing something walking by my igloo. Do you remember what it would be ?
um, one of these?
Justin_Bieber-2.jpg

No I'm sure it's not that.:confused: But I really feel that I should remember.
Give me a minute, I might be able to come up with it.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They are both Russian Blues and get brushed quite often. They tend to produce ridiculous amounts of undercoat. Between the two of them, enough to kit out a Sphinx quite thoroughly.

Umm, I'd multi-quoted...the soup was for you...lol
That brushing comment was for Cherry's black kitty that seemed a bit rumpled, not yours. ;)

Snap126.png

Yours look quite Lux indeed, as a Russian Blue should. :-D

Last edited:

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bet you are.
But hopefully she really has got her shit together now and really is ready.
Something tells me that I would probably be able to relate with your daughter on several levels.

I'm wishing for the very best for you, her and the child.

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
um, one of these?
Justin_Bieber-2.jpg

No I'm sure it's not that.:confused: But I really feel that I should remember.
Give me a minute, I might be able to come up with it.
LMAO No remember THE BEIBS lives just in the next igloo . Think Fishee , think now. I was giggling about that whole thread last night.

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I recently got a Sigelei 100w from a one of a kind friend ;)
and that little box is one bad mutherfuckerdude!
I bet the ipv3 is sick as fuck too:)
I was back and forth between the two...and I couldn't pass up the sale this morning...my local was selling two of them at cost!!!!

Couldn't sat now

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LMAO No remember THE BEIBS lives just in the next igloo . Think Fishee , think now. I was giggling about that whole thread last night.
lol
Dang it, I know I know what you're talking about but I can't pull it to the surface.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Glad to know that she will have such a great person to support her!

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm sorry Snoopy that you have to take that many meds :(
Thanks Jensy. I learned a long time ago to sit back and look objectively at my problems, determine their impact and then how to live my life around them.

I don't dwell on the meds, just try to remember to take them every morning and evening. Had one pill that had to be taken 3 times a day and finally told my doctor that I was simply missing it too much and needed to change it. Got an extended release version and have been taking it for a few weeks now and it is so much easier, but it does make me more tired so I'm sleepling more which is why I haven't been around so much lately.

Nice thing is that I'm not exhausted so much :)

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice tunes mate....sounds like my walkman in 1991..LOL

(not many even have heard of Front 242)
Yeah, I was one of the music editors for my college newspaper so I have a lot of music that nobody has ever heard of. Especially the punk and alternative because I was the only one who liked it.

Unfortuantely a lot of it was still on tape back in the late 80's early 90's so I don't have a lot of it anymore.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i missed something in there. do you ever listen to bootlegs?
Nope. I don't like live music because I constantly compare it to the recorded versions that I have heard.

Only time I've ever enjoyed concerts were for college bands that I saw in a bar except for Toad the Wet Sprocket. They put on really good sounding concerts that are very very close to their album sound.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I dig this tune....
(Kind of muddled sounding copy..odd since it's the Official one...sounds like 128K mp3??)

and this one....the bass is excellent with the soaring harmonies.

Lovely melanchola sort of music, but still hopeful and love his voice... :D
That's good stuff, might have to look into them in my library's music library.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's good stuff, might have to look into them in my library's music library.

Yeah...that's where I get all my music too...<snicker>
I have pretty much all of The Rasmus, pretty good band.

Singer dood is a trip...he did work with Apocalyptica too, which I dig. But, now is doing an electronica side project that is just bizarre:

That stripper is him...dafuq.. o_0

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is probably my fave songs of theirs...

rocking dark stuff...

just brilliant duet with one of my fave females

Last edited:

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah...that's where I get all my music too...<snicker>
I have pretty much all of The Rasmus, pretty good band.

Singer dood is a trip...he did work with Apocalyptica too, which I dig. But, now is doing an electronica side project that is just bizarre:

That stripper is him...dafuq.. o_0
Library has the album "Hide from the sun" so I'll get to check them out. Thanks

VU Sponsors