Alternate Universe

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nope. I don't like live music because I constantly compare it to the recorded versions that I have heard.

Only time I've ever enjoyed concerts were for college bands that I saw in a bar except for Toad the Wet Sprocket. They put on really good sounding concerts that are very very close to their album sound.

lol! and i mostly listen to bands that sound better or as good as the record. if you suck live, odds are i ain't buy your cd!;)

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes sir that is me...but I am most certainly not canadian

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wouldn't say it's one of their better albums, but music is very subjective. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hide_from_the_Sun

Everything they've 'eer done is on YT ya know...
I don't watch youtube for music, or listen to the radio for that matter. Talk and commecials are like nails scratching on a chalkboard to me. I only listen to mp3's playing through my computer or iphone all day, or cd's in a car if it doesn't have mp3 jacks.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, somehow in my limited venture from my house the other day I managed to lose my cane. So I'm heading out into the garage to attempt to make a new one. I didn't like how noisy the old aluminum one was anyway and have been wanting a wood one, but can't justify paying $50 for a decent one.

Be back later.

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@adk1989 getting paid to eat might be the diet plan of the future... wonder if there is a way for me to do that and not get beat to a pulp afterwards...?
Lol I'm not getting paid to eat per se...the paid part comes for putting my body through torture...

But hey its the most honest thing in the whole world. Once they lock that cage behind you. You can't lie

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lol I'm not getting paid to eat per se...the paid part comes for putting my body through torture...

But hey its the most honest thing in the whole world. Once they lock that cage behind you. You can't lie
Oops that was supposed to be "getting paid to NOT eat"

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How about some gratuitous poultry violence? :D

P1030085.JPG

Yeah, I know nobody wants to see food anymore...but I didn't get to do the TG thing... :p

When those chook tits get thawed...

6a00d83451cbb069e20115709772e4970b-800wi

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't watch youtube for music, or listen to the radio for that matter. Talk and commecials are like nails scratching on a chalkboard to me. I only listen to mp3's playing through my computer or iphone all day, or cd's in a car if it doesn't have mp3 jacks.

Hmm, what talk or commercials?

Entire discographies are on YT...and I never see any ads.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How about some gratuitous poultry violence? :D

View attachment 9498

Yeah, I know nobody wants to see food anymore...but I didn't get to do the TG thing... :p

When those chook tits get thawed...

6a00d83451cbb069e20115709772e4970b-800wi
Wtf ...why?!?!
I told the truth about some messed up stuff going on with one of the vendor sites. Either he wasn't following the thread or he's got stock options in them;)!

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hmm, probably not.

Most likely, I'll pound a couple for sandwiches and slow-cooker the rest. :)

I can't eat a whole hunk of meat in a sandwich...no good teeth. Thus, hammer-time.

Plus, I love to smack the fuck out of things. :)

i hear dat!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I told the truth about some messed up stuff going on with one of the vendor sites. Either he wasn't following the thread or he's got stock options in them;)!

Err, how'd my chicken get involved in that quote? :confused:

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looks like there are a couple asshats over in that BF thread. I rarely venture out because of that. Yuck. Muth, you're right. Vendors really shouldn't do that. Ever.

Has anyone else been having problems with the discount codes today? I have twice now and it's pissing me off. The first time I just left the site but the second time it was only for 10% but it came out to .50 off a $32.00 order. WTF?

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think I blame watching Juila Child when I was young....she took such voracious glee in using her meat mallet...lol

Something satisfying about sticking a seasoned chicken breast in a bag and reducing it to a 1/4" slab....

the galloping gourmet got me. :)

then we both had to quit drinking. :oops:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
the galloping gourmet got me. :)

then we both had to quit drinking. :oops:

Oh yeah..Kerr was a character.

I like Pépin, Keller, Ming Tsai, David Chang and Rick Bayless the most probably. Fun people, fun food.
Bourdain...eh, kind of a pompous ass IMO. But, his travel shows can be interesting. :)

Don't even start me on Alton Brown....the guy is nuts.

Enjoy this quite a bit also: http://www.pbs.org/food/shows/the-mind-of-a-chef/

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh yeah..Kerr was a character.

I like Pépin, Ming Tsai, David Chang and Rick Bayless the most probably. Fun people, fun food.
Bourdain...eh, kind of a pompous ass IMO. But, his travel shows can be interesting. :)

Enjoy this quite a bit also: http://www.pbs.org/food/shows/the-mind-of-a-chef/

haven't had cable in 8 years. but it was on the food channel alot. my absolute favorite was iron chef. even though they over used caviar and goose liver, dudes could get shit done quick! Emeril was entertaining. Ming was on back then. Bobby flay? he was alright.

but grew up on graham. i understand julia's talent, but i couldn't hack watching her. i had a british aunt. she could cook up a storm. you didn't want to miss one of her spreads. never anything but a full on feast. and so much of it homemade. jams, relishes and pickled veggies. damn.
i worked in hotels and restaurants for 20 years. busy ones too, top 100. lots of banquets. but when i remember all the stuff she made, i don't think i could ever do what she did by herself. she did it all year long, holiday or not. i have to give her props in the kitchen. in fact, she almost scared me out of wanting to get in the business. i looked back at all the work she did and thought...no way! too hard!

VU Sponsors