Become a Patron!

Alternate Universe

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
TBH I almost never browse the web on a home computer now. I pay bills and buy vapers shit, that's about it. I browse for the vape shit first from my phone.

Why does this matter? I'm not being a smartass I am curious. It seems to me it would be the same no matter what equipment you use but I don't know anything either. :confused:

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Why does this matter? I'm not being a smartass I am curious. It seems to me it would be the same no matter what equipment you use but I don't know anything either. :confused:
I think Microsoft products are WAY more vulnerable than android. General browsing and searching is also where you get hit the easiest IMO.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
technological products are like cars and houses @Ld3441 They're build by different people. some are well designed and some bad. a badly designed car can have holes and be easily broken into. But anything can be stolen. So a security suite is like having a well locked garage with bodyguards at the door keeping watch over both the user when making mistakes and the outside from getting unauthorised entry.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
technological products are like cars and houses @Ld3441 They're build by different people. some are well designed and some bad. a badly designed. a car can have holes and be easily broken into. But anything can be stolen. So a security suite is like having a well locked garage with bodyguards at the door keeping watch over both the user when making mistakes and the outside from getting unauthorised entry.

I can understand that but it's hard for a non-technical person to know what is best. If there was an option for a higher priced device that was totally safe, I'd pay the price for it for peace of mind.

Since I am technically challenged I think my best option is to pay the price to have it fixed when this happens. I try to be careful where I go but we never really know do we.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can understand that but it's hard for a non-technical person to know what is best. If there was an option for a higher priced device that was totally safe, I'd pay the price for it for peace of mind.

Since I am technically challenged I think my best option is to pay the price to have it fixed when this happens. I try to be careful where I go but we never really know do we.
have you considered taking some lessons, home tutorials?

it can't be totally safe so long as the world is not totally safe. malicious code writers are learning all the time. bad people evolve just like good people do. computer security will always be a never ending battle. take some lessons. then you'll know what to do when your pc is down. i never knew anything when i first began to learn.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
have you considered taking some lessons, home tutorials?

it can't be totally safe so long as the world is not totally safe. malicious code writers are learning all the time. bad people evolve just like good people do. computer security will always be a never ending battle. take some lessons. then you'll know what to do when your pc is down. i never knew anything when i first began to learn.

Good advice and I should. I'll see what I can find.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good advice and I should. I'll see what I can find.
you won't regret it. you might not remember it all but that's ok. it'll give you some understanding and confidence. i used to give home tuition and it does change your computing experience.

ttyl, i have to eat lol

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some days just plain suck. Not the days fault really, mostly just me. Feeling down and depressed and cant kick it. Hopefully feel better tomorrow.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Some days just plain suck. Not the days fault really, mostly just me. Feeling down and depressed and cant kick it. Hopefully feel better tomorrow.
Know exactly how you feel. Hopefully a good night's sleep and a fresh start tomorrow will turn things around for you.

Reactions: Ace

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
kiss-smileys.gif

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you won't regret it. you might not remember it all but that's ok. it'll give you some understanding and confidence. i used to give home tuition and it does change your computing experience.

ttyl, i have to eat lol

what was he doing here? gah

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
certainly not in here

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had procured some noms at the mex store today: http://vapingunderground.com/posts/108355/

Food is fun. )

Comodo is pretty good for their old firewall IMO, which I use along on some older PCs with the PC Tools FW, but was discontinued..arg. They have had issues, but they make some good products.

Never used their AV. Avast is free and does a good job.

You want some real users feedback on security products, go here: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I had procured some noms at the mex store today: http://vapingunderground.com/posts/108355/

Food is fun. )

Comodo is pretty good for their old firewall IMO, which I use along on some older PCs with the PC Tools FW, but was discontinued..arg. They have had issues, but they make some good products.

Never used their AV. Avast is free and does a good job.

You want some real users feedback on security products, go here: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/
Does it translate to English?

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My street. don't even think about trying to park. four parking lanes and always filled! took that pic in early feb. that's why the trees are bare.

5mBSDwD.jpg

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love those older buildings. Here, they would tear them down and build parking decks.
that's a shame. they'll probably all be listed, so no one would be allowed to pull them down or alter them. even if you change the windows on listed buildings the new ones have to reflect the original style. i love going for long walks around all the streets just to see them.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the uk has laws against building large areas for parking now and it's very hard to get planning permission to build any. that's why the streets are so crampacked maybe

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Gotta work today ... ugh ...

Kind of a needle in a haystack situation, but hopefully I can resolve it without losing the whole day.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does it snow there much HK? And what happens if there is a fire or emergency? We have all kinds of laws about that. There are buildings and houses on the List but it's a huge thing for the owners. Even paint has to be approved.

Hope you find the needle quickly Moecat! I'm being a lazyass today so far.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does it snow there much HK? And what happens if there is a fire or emergency? We have all kinds of laws about that. There are buildings and houses on the List but it's a huge thing for the owners. Even paint has to be approved.

Hope you find the needle quickly Moecat! I'm being a lazyass today so far.
difficult to answer. there are different grades i.e. grade a, grade b, and so on. even thatched roofs are graded and have to be kept. most ppl wouldn't be able to afford to buy or upkeep a grade A listed building. there used to be eu grants that would match your refurb' outlay to help but idk anymore.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Watching Nascar pre-show. Waking up at 9am on a Sunday is meh, but I have a really big mug of latte.

Cat woke up when I did, then gave me a "it's too damn early" look and went back to sleep..lol

Vape-mail is in town, but I won't get it until tmrw...

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How come some 'verified vu members' - some who have hardly even posted anything, can ask for a badge that says this or that and just get it just like that! and others, myself included, don't? The machine's pissy.
So how do you customize your designation from 'verified vu member' To something else?
I never have seen the answer...

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I personally prefer enchilidas.

But more importantly, I have to check out the pub/curry establishments there. I always crave for Indian food, and only saw one such establishment here in the US in San Francisco.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So how do you customize your designation from 'verified vu member' To something else?
I never have seen the answer...
Probably, in no particular order:
1. be an active member
2. demonstrate real knowledge (technical or otherwise) in e-cigs or work in some capacity in this industry
3. be well liked by general membership
4. beg/lie/cheat/steal :p :D

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Probably, in no particular order:
1. be an active member
2. demonstrate real knowledge (technical or otherwise) in e-cigs or work in some capacity in this industry
3. be well liked by general membership
4. beg/lie/cheat/steal :p :D
There go any of my dreams for ever becoming anything more than just a little Fishee in a big forum:(

VU Sponsors